' 2018 Gay Days @ the Walt Disney World Resort | Page 7 | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

2018 Gay Days @ the Walt Disney World Resort

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by dano4, Jul 29, 2017.

1. dano4

dano4 It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Who else likes to take an afternoon break away from the parks? When the crowds start rolling in, I like to head back to my resort for some pool time and adult beverages. Instead of paying those pool bar prices, I take an Uber or Lyft to one of the Walt Disney World Speedway gas station & convenient stores and pick up some beer or premixed bottled cocktails. If you're staying near the Boardwalk area, you just need a one way Uber or Lyft as the Speedway is a short walk from Crescent Lake. Getting excited and looking forward to seeing many of you in just two weeks at the monorail crawl!

2. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

BTW...Shop Disney has a Rainbow collection, with 10% going to GLSEN for anti-bullying in schools. Go to shopdisney.com and search Rainbow Collection. There is a rainbow mickey ball cap, shirts, pins...

FarCityGuy likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. FarCityGuy

FarCityGuy Get ready, Orlando! We're coming back again!

Thanks for the info, Chuck! Free shipping if you spend at least $75, too! Now I have a new cap, tank top, sunglasses, and fanny pack on the way!

5. FarCityGuy

I know it was the Flight of Passage that Dan had some issues with. But, I can't remember his favorite adult beverage. If he has good taste, like me, it would be gin and tonic. LOL! ONLY TWO WEEKS UNTIL THE MONORAIL CRAWL! Woots! It is going to be soooo much fun!

EDCCFO and dano4 like this.
  6. Mr. J

Mr. J XII Forever

Dano I usually split time in parks with out-of-parks; I enjoy hanging at Disney Springs/ seeing movie, and just hotel hanging/poolside reading as well. I also park-hop, so it's not unusual for me to spend one afternoon heading to BB or TL and just laying on the river for an hour.

EDCCFO and dano4 like this.
  7. FarCityGuy

Just 10 days to go until the monorail crawl! And, just 9 days to go until we will be back in O-Town, searching for good drinks, good food, and good fun!!!

EDCCFO likes this.
  8. Chavaleh

Chavaleh Mouseketeer

We're going to be there June 1-10 with my daughter and her best friend who are both somewhere on that lovely LGBTQIA rainbow and will be celebrating their graduating from high school. Are there any events going on that would be appropriate and enjoyable for young queer kids of their age bracket?

EDCCFO likes this.
  9. FarCityGuy

I had to really think about this one for a bit. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any events or activities for the youth, other than visiting the theme parks. I checked the Girls in Wonderland site, only to find that all of their events are for 21+. There used to be a meet up of the youth in front of Cinderella's Castle just before the start of the afternoon parade at MK, but I haven't noticed that in several years. Hopefully, somebody knows about an event or activity for the 18 and under youth. It strikes me as a huge oversight if there isn't some kind of event for the youth.

EDCCFO likes this.
  10. trwhite88

trwhite88 Thomas White

Anyone else disappointed in the forecast? Keep hoping it will be updated to the usual quick 4pm thunderstorm and sun the rest of the time but looks like it could be the wettest and greyest GD in years!

11. FarCityGuy

Ugh! Let's hope that it is not a continuous downpour. A lot of ultra right-wing conservative fundamentalist preachers would celebrate that their prayers to "wash out" gay days have been answered.

EDCCFO likes this.
  12. dano4

dano4 It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Bring a poncho for sure!

EDCCFO likes this.
  13. EDCCFO

EDCCFO Definitely Donald!

Answer to last week's question: D. All of the above......Dano started the Crawl to meet new people who were also Disney geeks, would enjoy an adult beverage and share their Disney experiences.
    This week's question: What's going to be my favorite fashion color for this year's Crawl?
    JUST 1 WEEK FROM TONIGHT IS DANO'S 5TH ANNUAL GAY DAY'S MONORAIL CRAWL. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!! See the 3rd page of this thread for the details of this year's Crawl.
    By now, I am quite sure that most of us have finished our packing. But be sure to open that suitcase and add a poncho and/or umbrella. Looks like it's going to not only be moist this year.

14. FarCityGuy

OK, Mr. Ed. I am totally lost. I never saw the official answer to the trivia question from two weeks ago about Dan's favorite beverage and hangover ride experience. And, "all of the above," is a great answer to a question that I don't even see posted on here. LOL! It's ok, buddy. We still love ya! Sometimes, great minds think way ahead of fingers on the keyboard.
    Hmmm...I know that you will be bright and easy to find in a crowd. Perhaps a bright orange this year?
    ONLY ONE WEEK TO GO UNTIL THE MONORAIL CRAWL! :stir::drinking::drinking::drinking:

EDCCFO likes this.
  15. trwhite88

trwhite88 Thomas White

Weather improving day by day! Just have to watch out for a pesky storm after midnight at TL. Can't wait to try Miss Adventure Falls

16. EDCCFO

EDCCFO Definitely Donald!

must be lost in space...….anyway the answer to the one question was margaritas and FOP......