2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Hello everyone. Unfortunately I couldn't get any info on the resort inclusions/exclusions for you. Since I don't deal in rumors, but only deal with facts, the news I supplied earlier today is all I have. I won't even begin to guess about resorts, because I wouldn't be giving you factual information.

Free Dining is dropping tomorrow and the dates I gave for the general public offer are correct. My source wasn't positive on how many days park hoppers are required but believed it was either 3 or 4. If I get anything else I'll be back later with it, if not, good luck to everyone and drink plenty of coffee tonight.

Thank you, you ROCK!!!

Hello everyone. Unfortunately I couldn't get any info on the resort inclusions/exclusions for you. Since I don't deal in rumors, but only deal with facts, the news I supplied earlier today is all I have. I won't even begin to guess about resorts, because I wouldn't be giving you factual information.

Free Dining is dropping tomorrow and the dates I gave for the general public offer are correct. My source wasn't positive on how many days park hoppers are required but believed it was either 3 or 4. If I get anything else I'll be back later with it, if not, good luck to everyone and drink plenty of coffee tonight.

Thanks so much for your information. Do you know anything about Room Only discounts that may drop at the same time as Free Dining?

Thank you sooo much! Are you hearing that the minimum stay is 4 nights?

My gut feeling is that it will be tight simply as if rumors true about POR complety off, CBR construction.AoA out and many dont like CSR. What ither options besides delux?
Makes total sense. Welp, lots of coffee for all of us tonight!

Oh yeah. We love Pop and the new room renovations are awesome. My son just saw a video of Movies and about died over it and said he wants to go there. So who knows what I'll do. Like I said, I'll make a split decision like I do with everything else in my life lol
Stay at POP and go visit ASMovies for an hour or so and walk around to see the icons. Takes a little bus hopping but can be done.

Thank you @Disney Ron for sharing your knowledge! You are truly appreciated.

This will be my family's first disney trip. I've noticed that the dates for Nov are the 24th - 27th. We are going Nov 19th - 25th. Does this mean we do not qualify? We are staying at AKL and have 6 day park hopper. Thanks for any help
Unfortunately no, you do not qualify

Hoping someone has some advice for me. Thanks!
We're planning to bring another family with us (2 adults+2 teens for us, 2 adults+1 teen for them) and I'm worried about not knowing how to book online efficiently enough to get the FD deal. We're not set on a particular resort yet but want to do deluxe and would prefer to be on the monorail (secretly hoping for the Contemporary but it sounds like it might not be included this year so maybe Poly). Anyway, if I just search rooms for 7 people it eliminates a lot of rooms. Is there a way to indicate that I'm trying to book 2 rooms? Or do I have to do them in two transactions, and, if yes, how do I make sure that goes smoothly? If I have to do two transactions, can I put my name on both rooms? I will be the person booking all reservations, fast passes, etc so it's easier to have it all under my name. Also, do I need to make MDE profile accounts for our guests ahead of time for easier booking or does that matter? Thanks for any advice you can give? I tried to search for answers to similar questions but I'm worried about doing it wrong and missing the deal.

I think you're making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Your nuclear family is staying put and paying for dining for entire stay, correct? Those credits will be active from the time you check in until midnight of the day you check out.

Grandparents may do split stay in order to take advantage of free dining, correct? First stay could be room only with paid dining if they want. Second stay MUST have tickets attached in order to get free dining. It makes much more financial sense to get the number of days' ticket they want with the free dining stay and to not get any tickets with first stay.

Now, if they do pay for the dining plan for that first stay and don't buy tickets, you'll have to call in (wait until FD hoopala dies down) and get a "ticketless package." If you do this, ALL of their credits from first stay will have to be used BEFORE the dining from 2nd stay can be accessed. This includes all snack credits.
Ok. Thank you. Yes, nuclear family is not a question. If grandparents split stay, this is how it works. Stay 1: Nov. 22-23 ( paid DP with 4TS, 4QS, 8 snacks). Stay 2: Nov. 24-Dec1 (FD). Daily plan: Nov. 22 check in, Mickey's Backyard BBQ (2 TS each=4), no park, no FP. Nov. 23: Magic Kingdom, BOG lunch (1QS each =2), CRT (2TS each=4), maybe 2 FP (understand that might be difficult to secure). Nov. 24: Animal Kingdom, (1QS and 1TS each, and potential FP). See, they would use more TS credits during the first stay than they have alloted and eventually use fewer TS credits in the latter part (and more QS credits later on). That's why I was asking about using some of our TA credits to pay for them and then they pay us back by using some of their TS credits later in the trip during stay 2, when they are using more QS credits. Over the entirety of both stays, we have a 6-day ticket total.

So, if the 24th is the check-in/check-out day, which stay would meals/snacks and potential FP apply to?

Just curious if there may be different date ranges offered for Canadian residents? Or earlier start dates in August?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter