2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

We were told at Easter (We talked to their CM at Check-out and told him we would be back at Christmas.) they would be finished with 90-95% of everything by late fall. He said the skyliner and the Riviera should be the only construction still ongoing then...

We had NO construction issues at CBR while we were there at Easter. Nothing about the construction bothered us or changed our experience. I am excited to see what it all looks like when we get back in December!

The “in-the-know" and up to date people on the CBR thread are pretty adamant about sometime in December finishing (I believe they have actual people who work on the construction intel, but who knows) They all could be wrong though. We only canceled because I wanted everything Christmasy and the decorated food tent and a couple of potted Christmas trees like they did last year wasn't something we were willing to risk. You can hop over into that thread and let them know what you heard. Helps to get all info. I hope the construction is done by your visit! The remodeled Centertown pics look gorgeous! Plus they're reporting the flooring will be redone by then to the new hard floors. Going to be amazing when finished!

Before morning I want to confirm that I don't need a second account, here's our situation:

Party of 4
2 adults, 1 disney adult and 1 child

2 rooms at Pop or CSR, depending on availability

1 room (with 1 adult and 1 child) will be upgraded to Deluxe Dining. Other room will stay as QSDP.

Am I good with just one account or do I need to setup a 2nd one? If I need a second account I'd rather do it now than mess with it at some ungodly hour tomorrow morning.

Everyone keeps talking about these boards going down...is there a set time they "sign off"? I remember staying you all through the night 2 years ago...
I've used them pretty much at all hours of the night and never seen a time when the boards were down.

Someone posted this on a Canadian Disney FB group. Says he was speaking with a CM today and they told him FD was dropping tomorrow and also this...

The CM also said that there is speculation that for the 1st time Disney dining must fall within time period, for example if Nov 24-27th is accurately the dates then just those 4 days would be free dining and the other days after would be at reg price, he said he saw that happen with the summer promos (whereas before the dinning period had to begin on any of the dates and could carry on 14 days after if you wanted) but that he couldn't confirm until it ia released tomorrow.
I wouldn't put it past Disney to start doing that, especially if they are maxed out then they don't need to offer it.
Again, only time will tell.

.... I hope this is not true!!!

I hope this isn’t true too!!!
I’m thinking the inclusion of the 11/24-11/27 dates makes this seem unlikely. Why include a 3 night window if the whole trip has to fall within the dates.

Last edited:
Click on "change reservation" (on the My Reservations page).

Then you get to reservation details page. click on "change" where it says "vacation offer". You should be able to pick free dining (or whatever specifically they call it, delicious offer, etc) and it should update to that. You'll have to checkout again.

So if I go this route, it SHOULD only tell me the offers that are available to me. Correct? So if for some reason with my reservation if I am NOT eligible for FD, then it won't give me that option. Right? Or maybe it would not knowing that we already have tickets.

For us, we have a room only reservation. So I don't want to screw up our current reservation by trying to add FD, when if we don't have a package that includes tickets. Maybe it would just be better for me to call.

~D

Sharonabe,

We are using a Disney vacation planner (I work with her, so thought it would be easier). She said that the reservation cannot be modified online to include free dining that she actually had to call. Is that right? Since she is doing it, I don't think I can modify the reservation to include it myself.
You will not be able to modify your reservation on line but your TA can through the TA website they use. She shouldn't have to call unless she is having trouble with the TA website.

The “in-the-know" and up to date people on the CBR thread are pretty adamant about sometime in December finishing (I believe they have actual people who work on the construction intel, but who knows) They all could be wrong though. We only canceled because I wanted everything Christmasy and the decorated food tent and a couple of potted Christmas trees like they did last year wasn't something we were willing to risk. You can hop over into that thread and let them know what you heard. Helps to get all info. I hope the construction is done by your visit! The remodeled Centertown pics look gorgeous! Plus they're reporting the flooring will be redone by then to the new hard floors. Going to be amazing when finished!

Yeah - he told us that Old Port Royal would be finished well before we got there and the customs house would be no more....Check-in would be moved by then as well. I agree with the photos looking outstanding! I can't wait to see it finished!

Does this mean that you have to be a travel agent to add FD to an existing reservation? I have been advised I can do it on this thread and I am not a travel agent, starting to get really confused.
If you booked through a travel agent, they have to make the change. If you booked your trip, you can do the modification.

Is this typically available at midnight eastern time? I missed the window last time and had to change resorts.

So if I go this route, it SHOULD only tell me the offers that are available to me. Correct? So if for some reason with my reservation if I am NOT eligible for FD, then it won't give me that option. Right? Or maybe it would not knowing that we already have tickets.

For us, we have a room only reservation. So I don't want to screw up our current reservation by trying to add FD, when if we don't have a package that includes tickets. Maybe it would just be better for me to call.

~D

Yes, but you need to have added tickets and the dining plan to be eligible for the free dining.

The easiest thing is to make a new reservation online and cancel the old one, especially if you have a room only already booked.

This may have already been asked, so I apologize if this is a redundant question. Does anyone know if the Disney Visa Debit Card has the same perks to qualify for things like extended free dining as the Disney Visa Credit Card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter