2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the blueberry pancakes with a side of the bacon, both were completely delicious, the pancakes were quite large so there was no way I would have been able to eat another entree on top of that. My husband got the classic eggs Benedict, his entree was much smaller, but equally good, he likely could have eaten a second entree but he had filled himself up on sushi so the single entree was plenty for him as well.

$80 for pancakes and bacon?

Awesome.

$80 for pancakes and bacon?

Awesome.

If that's all you eat then sure that's the price, I personally wouldn't go if that was all I was planning on eating. I also had a ton of food from the buffet options, and my husband ate his weight in sushi. We had multiple delicious blueberry mimosas each, and I had almost two pots of coffee. We also have cookies, desserts, and chocolates that we took with us on the plane today. My husband also decided to pay extra for a made to order Bloody Mary and it was wonderful. The live music was a very nice touch as well. For us, it was worth the price, and certainly cheaper than some of the brunches I have had at home in NorCal, with a better view too! I have had dinner 3-4 times at California Grill and have never enjoyed my meal, but we really liked everything at brunch.

I heard that you could try a second entree? I'm stuck between the hanger steak and the eggs benedict...lol

This was what my husband was between as well, but the hangar steak was a very thin cut, and since he likes his steak rare he doesn't prefer when they are very thin so he elected for the eggs benedict instead and was very happy.

If that's all you eat then sure that's the price, I personally wouldn't go if that was all I was planning on eating. I also had a ton of food from the buffet options, and my husband ate his weight in sushi. We had multiple delicious blueberry mimosas each, and I had almost two pots of coffee. We also have cookies, desserts, and chocolates that we took with us on the plane today. My husband also decided to pay extra for a made to order Bloody Mary and it was wonderful. The live music was a very nice touch as well. For us, it was worth the price, and certainly cheaper than some of the brunches I have had at home in NorCal, with a better view too! I have had dinner 3-4 times at California Grill and have never enjoyed my meal, but we really liked everything at brunch.

This was what my husband was between as well, but the hangar steak was a very thin cut, and since he likes his steak rare he doesn't prefer when they are very thin so he elected for the eggs benedict instead and was very happy.
We have been to the CA Grill for brunch on 3 trips. All the buffet options and Mimosas were worth the price without the entrees . I was not impressed with the Hangar steak option last time though.

So a table service meal includes entree, dessert (?) and non alcoholic or now an alcoholic beverage. If I spend 2 table service credits to eat at a signature restaurant, does it then include an appetizer? Just wondering, always wanted to eat at California Grill so I'm considering getting the ddp for the first leg of my split stay.

Not for the brunch - for dinner.

So a table service meal includes entree, dessert (?) and non alcoholic or now an alcoholic beverage. If I spend 2 table service credits to eat at a signature restaurant, does it then include an appetizer? Just wondering, always wanted to eat at California Grill so I'm considering getting the ddp for the first leg of my split stay.

Not for the brunch - for dinner.
No, the inclusions are the same for the Signature 2-credit meals, as for the 1-credit TS: an entree, a dessert and a beverage (can be a non-alcoholic beverage, a premium non-alcoholic beverage, or an alcoholic beverage). It does not include the appetizer, unless you go for the Deluxe Dining Plan.

Not sure where to ask this, but since the dining plan now includes alcohol I had a question. Can you order any type of alcoholic drink and have it count as your beverage, or just one on the menu? Will they make something like a Long Island iced tea or a rum runner anywhere? I would assume yes at TS, but probably no at QS (since they don't have a full bar).

Not sure where to ask this, but since the dining plan now includes alcohol I had a question. Can you order any type of alcoholic drink and have it count as your beverage, or just one on the menu? Will they make something like a Long Island iced tea or a rum runner anywhere? I would assume yes at TS, but probably no at QS (since they don't have a full bar).
There’s a Long Island ice tea in the drink menu at table service restaurants.

. A few of the resorts pool bars are set up as quick service, but mostly set choices for rest of the QS options. There are a few in DS like Polite Pig with a large selection of choices.

In the 14 years that we have been going to WDW we have never purchased a dining plan but we are considering it for our upcoming trip (7 night stay). I think I understand how to utilize (and get the most out of) QS and TS, but I'm not sure how to best use the snack credits. I haven't gone through all 47 pages of this thread (read the first and last couple pages) - is there a listing of available snack credit offerings and/or perhaps a recommended strategy to get the most out of your snack credits?

Thanks!

with the new alcohol option on the dp if you order an adult beverage, finish it, then want a coke do you pay for the coke since you already had your beverage?

with the new alcohol option on the dp if you order an adult beverage, finish it, then want a coke do you pay for the coke since you already had your beverage?
We were charged each time we did this in March, whether at a signature or regular TS. One other poster did report not being charged, so as always, YMMV :).

In the 14 years that we have been going to WDW we have never purchased a dining plan but we are considering it for our upcoming trip (7 night stay). I think I understand how to utilize (and get the most out of) QS and TS, but I'm not sure how to best use the snack credits. I haven't gone through all 47 pages of this thread (read the first and last couple pages) - is there a listing of available snack credit offerings and/or perhaps a recommended strategy to get the most out of your snack credits?

Thanks!

There is a sticky right here on the dining plan forum with, I think, 2017 Confirmed snacks. Anything that's on it should still be a snack credit and there probably aren't too many new that aren't on there.

A lot of people think one of the best uses is the largest drink you can get at the Starbucks across the parks.

There is a sticky right here on the dining plan forum with, I think, 2017 Confirmed snacks. Anything that's on it should still be a snack credit and there probably aren't too many new that aren't on there.

A lot of people think one of the best uses is the largest drink you can get at the Starbucks across the parks.
Thank you! I'll head to that sticky now...

Experts : Please help clarify use of Deluxe credits....Me, DH and three grandkids (8, 4, 3) will be staying on site with Deluxe DP. Grandkid's parents will be staying off site. If we have a table service reservation for 11, can we just use 11 of our credits to pay for the meal? Or, do we have to tell the waiter that only 5 are on dining plan and 6 have to pay separate? Last time we had the dining plan, there was absolutely no sharing of your meal credits with people that were not on your plan, but now I think I've read sharing is allowed.

Experts : Please help clarify use of Deluxe credits....Me, DH and three grandkids (8, 4, 3) will be staying on site with Deluxe DP. Grandkid's parents will be staying off site. If we have a table service reservation for 11, can we just use 11 of our credits to pay for the meal? Or, do we have to tell the waiter that only 5 are on dining plan and 6 have to pay separate? Last time we had the dining plan, there was absolutely no sharing of your meal credits with people that were not on your plan, but now I think I've read sharing is allowed.

Yes you can use your credit to pay for their meals now. Enjoy!

And since all credits are pooled, great use of the kids credits for adults. You can also pay cash for the kids and use their credits for adult meals

Yes you can use your credit to pay for their meals now. Enjoy!

And since all credits are pooled, great use of the kids credits for adults. You can also pay cash for the kids and use their credits for adult meals

Thanks everyone! Makes me feel okay about spending that $8500 at the Beach Club (room, tickets, free dining upgraded to Deluxe)

If you call Disney they will tell you the dining plan price. I called a month ago since I don't have a package but want to go as a DVC member and purchase. They gave me the price at the time but honestly don't remember it.

Each Table-Service meal includes (for lunch or dinner):

• 1 Entrée
  • 1 Dessert*
  • Non-alcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older)
-OR-

• 1 Full Buffet** or Family-Style Meal

Question: Beverage isn’t listed at a buffet. So do we at least get a soda or something like that? Wasn’t sure if they are just trying to say you can’t get an alcoholic or specialty beverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter