• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is a child ages 3-9 only $21 than an adult for free dining pkg
I booked CSR for me and my granddaughter - 3 nights
I also booked 2 other rooms with two adults in both of those rooms. Standard view - 3 nights as well
I ordered park hoppers for 5 days for all us

I would think there would been greater credit for the child

T
I would pay $187 more to get what you really want. I think that choice will leave you with the least regret. If you are anything like me, I know howhard it is to decide. Good luck!
habjs!
Personally I would go with what you really want if it's available, unless you are totally OK with the value. We super wanted CBR, but were ok with our 2nd choice which was POP, however I did dig all morning and finally (with the help of this board!) got our first choice for a bit more - no regrets! :)
thanks! I think that's what I'm gonna do!

I was going to start one, but can't decide where it would fit in on the forums so I gave up lol
haha - that's partly why I haven't started it myself, I keep hoping someone else will figure that out. Also I can't come up with a clever name.

I just want to say congrats to everyone who was able to snag free dining. Unfortunately, our dates (11/12-11/19) were not included, and we were not flexible. I am thankful to those who helped point me in the direction of potential savings. I was able to work with an unnamed agent to get a great deal, and while it is not as big of savings as free dining, it is still a savings of $900 for our family of 5. Thank you for this great community. I was silently watching the boards with you until after midnight, and up at 4:30 to check the dates. This is a truly great group, and I am excited to chat with all of you about the rest of the planning now.

I'm SO glad you figured out a way to still be able to go! :cheer2::cool1::jumping1:

On hold now after trying to get through on and off since 8am. Wish me luck!
Just curious but is there any reason why you are using phone instead of website? I got FD exactly the way I was hoping for (resort/dates) this morning. I have been checking DW website just for gitts and shiggles all morning for various dates and there is always availability for val., mod., and deluxe.

Is everyone who is using phone lines trying to "modify" an existing offer?

This is why I think pre booking and then waiting until 7am phone lines open is a bad idea.

Besides this thread was pretty entertaining last night/early this morning.

Just curious but is there any reason why you are using phone instead of website? I got FD exactly the way I was hoping for (resort/dates) this morning. I have been checking DW website just for gitts and shiggles all morning for various dates and there is always availability for val., mod., and deluxe.

This is why I think pre booking and then waiting until 7am phone lines open is a bad idea.

My dates are in October, I'm just trying for a RO or anything really for my dates, I really can't change them because of my daughter's fall break.

Yep! I didn't stay up all night or get up at 4 because I have the Premiere Disney Visa and they always have opened it up at least a few days ahead of everyone else. I missed out on getting FD for any moderate.

I'm still confused why they emailed this to us today at the same time as the general public is released. What is the benefit of having a Disney Visa anymore if we can't book earlier than the public?

Agree with this - I think I would have been better off to make a whole new reservation, then cancel my existing. Got hosed by waiting to get through the busy, all circuits, then another 1.5 hour wait... all to not get dining (but saved 380 on my current res). Know better for next time I guess.

Spent over 2 1/2 hours on hold before getting through to someone. Had the sweetest woman who spoke easily with my mom, who was half asleep after her dialysis treatment this morning ( we had the phone on speaker between us on the couch and she was dozing off ). We explained the situation, she called guest services to see if she could work some magic, and told us that there was nothing she could do. A few minutes later, after my mother asked some more questions, she transferred us over to guest services. We explained everything to this new man, who was just as nice although you could tell he'd been dealing with these calls all morning. He listened to the entire thing, and called over to the hotel before getting back on the phone with us. When he asked what we were looking for, we told him that we were looking for the QS to upgrade to the DP and pay the difference. He'd seemed pretty hesitant to do it at first until we told him we wanted to pay for the upgrade! A short time on hold later, and it's done! He was able to change our reservation to the free dining, and then to the upgraded dining!!!! I'm so happy right now I could cry! Disney magic is real! pixiedust:

Thank you for your reply! I stayed at POR recently (without the kiddos), and while I did like it, I was not as impressed as I thought I would be after hearing everyone rave about it. I have a 9 year old as well! I think he is going to love the pool! I booked a standard room, any suggestions on a request? My main concern is that I will have an 8 month old with me.

I think you would be fine in either Casitas or Cabanas. We LOVE casitas, as it is bus stop number 4, but the bus actually stops there first, and it is a very quiet area. Cabanas is also very quiet, is the third bus stop, and SEEMS to me to be a little closer of a walk to the dining area. I am not sure that it is, bit it seems that way. Cabanas is also closer to the Dig Site main pool area. The only area I have avoided is Rancheros, which are furthest from the dining area. I would suggest calling to have your preferences added to your reservation and I have always faxed a request to the resort as well, approximately 4-5 days before check-in. Also, you can note your preferences during on-line checkin. I would make sure to include bottom floor if you will have a stroller. Let me know if you'd like to know anything else!

My dates are in October, I'm just trying for a RO or anything really for my dates, I really can't change them because of my daughter's fall break.
Oh I see. I just plugged a few different dates in Oct. and very few options. There were a few mods. but they were suites and kind of pricey. I played around with both Sept. and Dec a few minutes ago and there were more choices. Hope you get something that works for you. Good luck!

Last edited:
If you are still trying to get through on the phone call 407 939-4357 and go through the que for a new dining reservation, when they pick up tell them you were trying to get to resort reservations and you get put through in about 2 minutes.
Thanks for the tip! Total phone call was under 10 minutes, everything I needed was taken care of AND I completed the survey too :) Thank you for posting this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter