• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called a few times this morning just to see if I would get a different answer with a different CM, and I just hit the jackpot! I'm not sure this will work, but I called and explained everything to her. I told her that I was up all night and this morning. I was unable to book online, and that I was on hold for 2 hours then once connected, the call drop, and I was EXTREMELY nice. She was telling me the exact thing as the others (only upgraded rooms). She evened offered Pop Century. I pleaded with her, and she finally said "One just opened up!" I am soooo happy. I got my standard POR resort w/ free dining. This has been such a LONG day...meanwhile, I'm on a conference call presenting software I just developed at the same time smh.

What are your dates?

It was a little hard to watch the cost jump almost $400 (had to add park hoppers plus upgrading to the regular plan for two people). I just have to keep reminding myself that it's still several hundred under what food would have cost if I decided to pay OoP. And be thankful my cat decided to bug me and wake me up at 4:15 this morning so I could schedule easily. :D
But yay, got FD for Nov 27th-Dec 3rd! Now to figure out where all we'll eat and which tour I might toss on to the last day.

No kidding hope more deluxe open up right now I'm stuck in a pirate room! My son will love it but I want monorail!

I just looked and saw a few.

Got my father in law booked with free dining AND because they require park hoppers he now has those over a base ticket. Still saved him $103!
I'm super bummed that we couldn't do it for our reservation. Lesson learned that in the future free dining is a better deal for us than a military discount by around $800. :(

I sent you a pm.

Last edited:

Is the 5 night thing for real? We could do a split stay and get free dining for the second half of our trip, but it would only be for 4 nights starting on the 15th!

Was up several times to check last night, but was focused on that 4:00 AM time frame based on last year and the Dis being down. Got on right after it popped up, was able to book a standard at CSR, our second choice, (but really a tie for first, we love CBR and CSR, but have stayed more often at CSR) for our dates of November 18th thru 28th. We did not have a reservation already, just made a new one. Our friends traveling with us got the same room type and dates at CSR as well! Again, they did not have a previous reservation either. Thank you to everyone for their camaraderie as we have waited and to @black562 and @thedirtysteve, and @smitch425 for your valuable information!

I'm glad to hear you love CSR. I just booked it through the Disney Visa link and don't know much about it. I would love some feedback if you don't mind! Oh and congrats on getting the FD offer!

Someone talk me down from spending $555 more to stay at CBR instead of ASSP! (thats including upgraded dining). I love ASSP but its so hard seeing a standard room available right in front of me under free dining :sad2:
Sorry, NOT going to talk you down..... I would not even think twice. CBR is the best:cheer2: DO IT DO IT.

I sent you a pm.

Thanks! The problem is that we purchased base military tickets. No park hoppers. Since they require park hoppers to get the free dining and since you can't upgrade military tickets over the phone I couldn't do it.

Our room isn't available for free dining anymore though.
Thank you so much for your help.

Is the 5 night thing for real? We could do a split stay and get free dining for the second half of our trip, but it would only be for 4 nights starting on the 15th!

Nope. If you read the fine print, it only requires a 3 night stay. Guess Disney is just trying to pull one over on us.

Couldn't get a FD for dates in Sept unless I went CBR, stayed at POR with a switch from Garden to Pool and saved ~$380

Can I purchase a QSDP (OOP, Not FD), use a QS credit at a TS restaurant and pay the difference for the rest of the tab OOP? Thanks :)

With a few saying their kids were showing as adults, I double checked my reservation and it shows park hopper instead of water parks and more (which I am 99% sure I chose) so I'll call in a few days and change it if it remains. It does seem there are some website glitches though.

Do it, I don't think anyone regrets staying moderate over value, and book it soon there is nothing standard available for lots of dates already.

Sorry, NOT going to talk you down..... I would not even think twice. CBR is the best:cheer2: DO IT DO IT.
Ahhh I am freaking out now about what to do! I was expecting for ya'll to say not to do it LOL. CBR is my favorite resort..this is so hard!

Stayed up until 2 am, had an alarm at 3 am, left my work alarm for 4:15 am, and when I checked, I had missed any reservation being available for my dates at Pop. Absolutely gutted. We've had a BB offer booked from last November, which is a 20% off preferred room. When we booked, the woman told us that if we booked tickets with it and called when another discount became available, they'd be able to modify and we could upgrade to TS for the fee. It's looking unlikely. We've been on hold with disney for over an hour. Debated switching to ASSp or ASMu but Pop is the best option for my mother. Going to see what happens. Mom is so ticked right now she's about to just pay OOP for the QS plan. I can't believe I didn't change my alarm to 4 instead of 4:15 and I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter