2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

Beer and hot weather go together. :drinking1

In 2011, they had an actual Biergarten set up in Germany. AstroTurf and picnic tables plus several different kinds of beer available in samples, flights and full sizes. Sam Adams had a stand of its own near America with a whole bunch of their beers on tap. It's one reason I'm going again in 2016.

Offering a different perspective... by my count, there are about 31 different beers if you total up offerings at all booths. Seems like a pretty good selection overall to me.
True - but last year they had 4 beers at most locations - and flights with 4 beers at most locations.

Then there is the beers they chose - other than a few exceptions they tend to be somewhat boring and stuff you can get pretty much anywhere - using Belgium as an example those are some pretty poor choices. Leffe Blond and Stella - and a Stella Cider - thankfully there is the beer cart in Canada.

I think the same is true for the wines..nothing particularly exciting for the comments I see here - and then with the big price increase it is even less exciting - I have not heard that it is a larger pour.

Not to be nit picky (ok it is pretty nit picky) but the exclusions for the sampler lists champagne. That is pretty specific. What about all the different sparkling wines being offered? Anyone try these yet?

What is the alternative? A booth for every African nation? Or eliminate the booth altogether? There are amazing examples of cuisine from different regions of Africa every day of the year at AK and AKL. I think this criticism is a bit over the top -- JMHO.

That's not what I said or implied at all. But why not have an Ethiopian booth, or a sub-saharan Africa booth, or an Equatorial Africa booth, or anything other than treating a massive area (minus Morocco) as a homogeneous entity? I'm not saying we need every cuisine in Africa to be represented, I'm just saying they could be a bit more specific. We are going to Epcot to learn about the world, right?

I know but Africa isn't a region, it's a continent (yes I know Australia is a continent too, but it's also a single country). All of the booths except Africa represent a single type of cuisine. The food is wildly different between Libya, Ethiopia, and Zambia. Nobody would stand for an "Asia" or "Europe" booth.

Australia, or more commonly known now; Oceania. Is not one country.

The booth generally represents regional Southern African food. In many cases traditional African food is unpalatable to Western audiences. We just don't seem to like things like cassava. Though an Ethiopian booth would probably be very popular.

Beer and hot weather go together. :drinking1

In 2011, they had an actual Biergarten set up in Germany. AstroTurf and picnic tables plus several different kinds of beer available in samples, flights and full sizes. Sam Adams had a stand of its own near America with a whole bunch of their beers on tap. It's one reason I'm going again in 2016.
Germany only has one beer this year - they have a few others at the beer cart\sommerfest - but at the food stand it is just Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered) - is that correct???

I don't think there is a Sam Adams location any more either - they do have the Sam Adams grapefruit IPA at Hops and Barley - but again just the 6oz.

May I ask if you went to the Mediterranean food & wine pairing? We're doing that later this month, and I'd love to hear thoughts/review on it if that's what you attended.

We did the Mediterranean Food and Wine Pairing last year and loved it. The sommelier was entertaining.
I don't think my dad enjoyed it very much (he's a very picky eater), but everyone thought it was very good.
I would have done it again this year but it didn't fit our schedule, and we're doing other F&W options.

Australia, or more commonly known now; Oceania. Is not one country.

The booth generally represents regional Southern African food. In many cases traditional African food is unpalatable to Western audiences. We just don't seem to like things like cassava. Though an Ethiopian booth would probably be very popular.

Man, I like cassava. And I think n'shima would be enjoyable to any cornhusker. And yeah, I would love an Ethiopian booth!

But, um, Australia definitely is one country (sorry! I know what you meant but the way you worded that made me laugh :goodvibes)

This might seem like a not so great question, but I don't drink alcohol. Do some of the F&W booths have specialty non-alcoholic drinks? I have never been to this festival, but I know I could always get water if I need to. I mostly just want to go for the food since this will be my first F&W.

This might seem like a not so great question, but I don't drink alcohol. Do some of the F&W booths have specialty non-alcoholic drinks? I have never been to this festival, but I know I could always get water if I need to. I mostly just want to go for the food since this will be my first F&W.

I barely drink alcohol and have never had anything to drink in Epcot. The China booth has a fantastic boba tea. There might be a few other non-alcoholic drinks at the booths but that's the only one I've tried. You can always stop at one of the regular QS places to get a non-alcoholic drink, too.

Not to be nit picky (ok it is pretty nit picky) but the exclusions for the sampler lists champagne. That is pretty specific. What about all the different sparkling wines being offered? Anyone try these yet?
Also wondering. Saw a sparking kir & moscato I might try.

But why not have an Ethiopian booth, or a sub-saharan Africa booth, or an Equatorial Africa booth, or anything other than treating a massive area (minus Morocco) as a homogeneous entity? I'm not saying we need every cuisine in Africa to be represented, I'm just saying they could be a bit more specific. We are going to Epcot to learn about the world, right?
I agree. I think it's pretty silly that there's an "Africa" stand when Africa is the 2nd largest continent in the world. I would LOVE an Ethiopian booth, and I think it would be popular since more Americans probably have access to an Ethiopian restaurant than a Morrocan one. I think doing a "West Africa" booth would be a good start. Maybe with Senagalese food...could be popular with its French influence. Even my pickiest family member loves a lemony chicken yassa.

Are the white wines served cold? I read somewhere that wines are served hot. I like the white wines best but I prefer them chilled somewhat.

What all seafood does the Ireland seafood fisherman's pie have in it? I'm nervous about eating anything with scallops (I'm not allergic but my mom is; the allergy hit her late in life and I wouldn't want to encounter that situation when I'm at WDW).

They put some of the wines in an ice bucket. Don't know if that's cold enough for you or whether they add fresh ice with any regularity.

Yes, the fisherman's pie has included scallops in the past, I'm assuming it is the same recipe.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest