(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! :)

I can't believe it's almost here....just 11 more days :yay: :yay:
That’s exciting! I’ve got 16 more days, so I guess we’ll just miss you:(. We used to always go the week before Memorial Day before my girls started having finals at school (we would pull them out early). That’s a great week to go...The temps aren’t insane yet and the crowds are a bit lower. Memorial Day week temps are still the same, but the crowd levels go up a bit. I hope you have a great trip!

You too! Your trip is ALMOST HERE!
Oooo you’re going May 26! Day after my birthday! Have a glass of champagne for me! Do they still serve trifle in RPC?

We are headed to the hot springs resort here for Mom day weekend! It’s only a 1.5 ish hr drive from home but beautiful area on a huge lake. The resort has a lot of WL elements in it. And 5 hot Springs pools.

Well that depends. Do you just want to see the lagoon and views of poly and or CR ? Or do you want to see the castle for sure from your room?

If you want to watch HEA and see castle then go for the TPV otherwise the lagoon view rooms would be lovely.

I like The idea of BPK for LV. It's close to both pools and faces poly which I love to see.

For TPV I think I'd take what was given at check in.

Overall there really isn't a bad room at gf so it's not a big deal really what you get, it will be GRAND.

Maybe others have a better recommendations, I haven't done those categories .
We had a BPK lagoon room and liked it too. Could see Electric Water Parade from balcony while it was at Poly

Hi all, first time staying at GF. I did online check in but how do I add that we are celebrating a birthday, and we would like a room close to transportation and food as one in our party has a bad ankle. Do I email them or call? What's the email address or phone number? I'm so excited to be staying there.
As Trish says calling and adding request on your res is best. Close to transportation you’d have to pick if you want to be close to bus, boat or monorail. They’re all in different locations. What about pools? We like either Big Pine Key or Boca Chica. But it’s a small resort and nothing is a very long walk. I’d take a look at the resort map to see what looks good to you. Sago would be closest to bus stop and Gaspys.
How is person getting around the parks? There is off site scooter rentals that will deliver to resort and much cheaper than renting at park.

Oooo you’re going May 26! Day after my birthday! Have a glass of champagne for me! Do they still serve trifle in RPC?

We are headed to the hot springs resort here for Mom day weekend! It’s only a 1.5 ish hr drive from home but beautiful area on a huge lake. The resort has a lot of WL elements in it. And 5 hot Springs pools.
No more trifle. However Shari got me some in SL in January. What a sweetie!

Ok Ill toast ya with my scones!

Last edited:

It's easiest to call general reservations and ask for a notation to your reservation.

Have your res # handy when you call too.

1407 939 4229

Disney has so many #'s lol. That one was for resorts so should work.

Tishadono - I want to call and ask for no dormer. I am leaving right behind you, should I call now or closer to the 29th?

This winter was cold!! I’m glad you’re getting some nice FL weather soon! I can’t wait to be by the pool looking at beautiful palm trees!! We were supposed to fly in the evening of May 25th and stay at BWI for the weekend (perfect for F&G) and then move to GF on the 28th, but my college DD decided that she didn’t want to spend that much time with us so we cancelled the BWI portion...so May 28-June 3rd but our last night will be at BWI. And the College DD is still flying out Friday morning :rotfl:...at least my DD14 likes Disney as much as we do!

Thats very funny, my kids would stay as long as I am willing to stay. I wish it was longer but like I said it was supposed to be an adult only trip but then I added them realizing the dates worked so well for all of them with work and school, I couldn't extend it because we also have a family cruise the week of July 1st with all my DH's cousins, 27 in total and they have to take off for that too.

Thanks! :)

I can't believe it's almost here....just 11 more days :yay: :yay:

SOOOOOO Exciting!! I just ran to the mall for more Eucalyptus Rain from Bath & Body and I had to stroll around the Disney Store to feel the Disney vibes...lol

That’s exciting! I’ve got 16 more days, so I guess we’ll just miss you:(. We used to always go the week before Memorial Day before my girls started having finals at school (we would pull them out early). That’s a great week to go...The temps aren’t insane yet and the crowds are a bit lower. Memorial Day week temps are still the same, but the crowd levels go up a bit. I hope you have a great trip!

Thanks so much for the great trip wishes! I can't wait to finally try BWI. That's been on my list to try, so I figured there wasn't a better time to try it than on a girls trip. I'm going with my cousin and her adult DD who graduates college the Sunday before we leave, so it should be a good time. That would have been great if our trips overlapped, maybe next time! Hope you have a great trip as well :goodvibes.

Sounds like a beautiful place! Have a great time :cloud9:.

As Trish says calling and adding request on your res is best. Close to transportation you’d have to pick if you want to be close to bus, boat or monorail. They’re all in different locations. What about pools? We like either Big Pine Key or Boca Chica. But it’s a small resort and nothing is a very long walk. I’d take a look at the resort map to see what looks good to you. Sago would be closest to bus stop and Gaspys.

I agree :)

I couldn't extend it because we also have a family cruise the week of July 1st with all my DH's cousins, 27 in total and they have to take off for that too.

That sounds like a fun time! ::yes:: :boat:

SOOOOOO Exciting!! I just ran to the mall for more Eucalyptus Rain from Bath & Body and I had to stroll around the Disney Store to feel the Disney vibes...lol

You can't go to the mall without running into the Disney store :earboy2:.

Tishadono - I want to call and ask for no dormer. I am leaving right behind you, should I call now or closer to the 29th?

Thats very funny, my kids would stay as long as I am willing to stay. I wish it was longer but like I said it was supposed to be an adult only trip but then I added them realizing the dates worked so well for all of them with work and school, I couldn't extend it because we also have a family cruise the week of July 1st with all my DH's cousins, 27 in total and they have to take off for that too.

Call now! They do room assignments 5 days out.

Many seem to have better luck calling vs other options.

Good luck!

Have a great trip!

Oh if they give you a 5th or 4th floor room think about it and ask then "is this a Dormer room? I'd rather a different room".

Call now! They do room assignments 5 days out.

Many seem to have better luck calling vs other options.

Good luck!

Have a great trip!

Oh if they give you a 5th or 4th floor room think about it and ask then "is this a Dormer room? I'd rather a different room".

Thanks so much calling now!! I already left a request on the phone but I am checking on what they have! I settled for a dormer no balcony last year because everyone was so happy they had it for before we arrived and it was very early in the morning but I regretted it everyday!!:sad2:

I forgot to mention that Bath & Body has Eucalyptus Rain again. Candle big and mini and plug ins!!!

Closest thing I can find that smells like the grand!!
We brought several tubes of bath salts home from Basin White. One or two tubes remain. Open the lids, close your eyes and breathe deeply. You're transported to the GF lobby for a few brief, marvellous seconds! :-) :cloud9:

Your cruise sounds like a lot of fun! I’m sure your shorter Disney vacation will still be amazing too...our February trips are always shorter but always great! Just FYI, we have been given rooms we absolutely didn’t want twice (one dormer and one HA) but were able to switch without a problem. We always arrive early for this reason. Fingers crossed for getting our room requests!

Hi guys! Has anyone here had luck requesting a microwave for your room? I read that GF was one of the few that you could request one, but haven’t heard of anyone actually getting one.

Thank you! I definitely plan on doing that, just curious if anyone here has requested and received one :)
I can’t remember whether or not I’ve requested one at GF, but I know I recently got one at both Polynesian and BWI. Of course, nothing is ever guaranteed, but I really don’t think you’ll have a problem getting one.

I can’t remember whether or not I’ve requested one at GF, but I know I recently got one at both Polynesian and BWI. Of course, nothing is ever guaranteed, but I really don’t think you’ll have a problem getting one.
Wonderful! Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter