2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I am in need of your help and wealth of knowledge please.

Firstly, please can you amend my stay in August, due to flight issues, we are now staying at the YC, arriving 12-26. Thanks Dee.

Secondly, where do I start planning???
I am assuming we will be exhausted when we arrive around 8pm ish so eating in the hotel first night?
We are looking to completely overdose on Disney. So other than Universal (2-3 days?) and shopping (my daughter is expecting malls EXACTLY as seen on the Disney Channel!) nothing much else.
We have free DDP as part of booking, and we love to eat and drink well. So I suppose I'm asking do I start with the must do FP and then ADR and then the rest?
I know it's going to be bonkers busy and humid so don't want to be overloading.
Can anyone wave a magic wand and make it all manageable?
Thanks.

page 146-147

Visiting our fav greeter!

Nicely done!!!

:goodvibes:

Just joined tonight! My and DD are headed to BC for 10 nights FEB/MAR for her spring break and to celebrate her 19th Bday. Since she started college, gone are the days when all of us could vacation during school breaks. (Not that DS minds much-he and DH will be headed to Moab, Utah for his spring break.) This will be our second "just girls" trip. We booked a deluxe CL room that hopefully has already been renovated. When we were there last Feb I got horrifically bad food poisoning from Maya Grill and spent two days in bed. Here's hoping that won't happen again.....

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

That is awful about the food poisoning. Not fun anytime, but especially on vacation. :(

Wishing you safer dining on the upcoming trip.

:thumbsup2

P.S. I think NateBenMa mentioned the need to buy ice cream before a snowstorm. I should have heeded her advice. We got 10 inches of snow, the guy who is supposed to do my driveway didn't show up, I was stuck in the house... and I had no junk food. I had thought it would force me to eat healthy for a day or two. Big mistake. It just made me cranky. Obviously.

Yup, that was me!!! One cannot live on bread, milk and eggs alone. Ice Cream is a must in a storm. I need to run out today for another couple of gallons. Word is that it is going to start snowing here on Saturday and not going to stop until sometime on Tuesday. Goody!

I surrender!

:sad2:

Have a great cruise Teena, I am jealous.
Here in the Boston area we set a record for the most snow over 10 days ever. They have been keeping records since the late 1800's. And to add insult to injury it was 4 F when I went out to work this morning - 18 wind chill factor. It is hard for me to breathe at that temp.
Have Fun!!

Air hurts my face.jpg

Dee,

I have photos of the Room Service dining menus that I took in August 2014.

Now that I don't have to be a rocket scientist to post pics, I can post them if you need them.

That would be great!!! Thanks!

:)

Just booked quick trip in May 9th-12th for DBF & DBIL's birthday! They are going to be so surprised!!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Which resort?

:woohoo:

Firstly, please can you amend my stay in August, due to flight issues, we are now staying at the YC, arriving 12-26. Thanks Dee.

I am assuming we will be exhausted when we arrive around 8pm ish so eating in the hotel first night?
We are looking to completely overdose on Disney. So other than Universal (2-3 days?) and shopping (my daughter is expecting malls EXACTLY as seen on the Disney Channel!) nothing much else.
We have free DDP as part of booking, and we love to eat and drink well. So I suppose I'm asking do I start with the must do FP and then ADR and then the rest?
Thanks.
Where do I start replying? ;)

There are five options for eating in the resort when you include both BC and YC. You can eat anything from a quick counter service option, which is very limited at night, to a signature restaurant. You'll have plenty of time to explore the options with a Dec 26th trip date. :)

must do fastpasses -
Magic Kingdom - Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride is the #1 fp to get. Elsa and Anna meet and greet is #2 for those people who want to meet them.
Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Mania is the hardest to get
Epcot - Test Track and Soarin' are the only two that are hard to get
Animal Kingdom - I would guess Everest would be the one to get
The rest are easier to get and you have don't have to make selections until the end of October.

It will be bonkers busy so get into the parks as soon as they open. but it probably won't be too humid then. In fact, it might be chilly rather than hot.

You can ask all the questions you want and there are helpful people here who will do their best to answer. You have plenty of time to plan. :)

Thanks.

Got it! I'll make the changes for your August trip.

First night- since you are arriving so late, I agree that staying close by is your best bet. Since you love to eat and drink, but are probably not exactly sure when you will arrive, making a reservation may prove to be trickly. I would suggest the Crews Cup lounge (near the Yachtsman) at the Yacht Club. You won't need a reservation and the food is yummy. Teena, and others, rave about the burgers, but there are some other really interesting things on the menu as well.

I think you have a good plan for strategizing- base your ADRs on where you will be according to park hours and your Fast Pass preferences. Although you will be able to make your dining reservations (180 days) before you actually can book the FP (60 days). Book the dining options according to what you will try to do for FP- then once you have the FP secured, you can move dining reservations around if necessary.

Are you going to Universal before, during or after the Disney part of your trip? Are you staying onsite? We will be making our 3rd trip to the Darkside in a couple of weeks. Let me know if you need any help with that part of your visit.

Last edited:
Well we finally found out where we are staying for the band trip portion of the trip. We are staying at the Ramada Gateway. After reading the reviews I see why he waited to inform us where we are staying at until the last moment. I keep telling myself it is only three nights and then you will be relaxing at the YC. I can't wait until March 9th when we finally get to transfer to the YC!

Thanks.

If you do not have one, purchase a copy of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. A wealth of information in there.

Well we finally found out where we are staying for the band trip portion of the trip. We are staying at the Ramada Gateway. After reading the reviews I see why he waited to inform us where we are staying at until the last moment. I keep telling myself it is only three nights and then you will be relaxing at the YC. I can't wait until March 9th when we finally get to transfer to the YC!

I have you on the list for March 13-15. Are those dates incorrect?

page 146-147

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Which resort?

:woohoo:

Thank you!! Opps sorry!! Our dates just changed too. 4/18-4/21 Beach Club CL!!!! Can't wait to see the refurbed rooms and club level lounge!

Last edited:

Thanks.

We booked Beaches & Cream for our arrival day...then we might head over to MK and do a couple attractions since they have Magic Hours that evening. If you're not too tired see if a park has evening magic hours on your arrival date once the park schedules are released...usually 180 days out. I too, can recommend the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World...it's a great resource. I'm also a fan of the Disney Tourist Blog who has a great 2015 WDW Planning guide with equally impressive photos: http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-trip-planning-guide/

Have fun planning!! Only two months until we book our fast passes!

Princesshannahsmum i second MickeyT's suggestion on picking up The Unofficial Guide, everything you need to know is in there, including touring plans. They work!! And with book purchase you get a year free subscription to their web site Touringplans.com. At least I think they're still doing that.

Last edited:
Long time readers groupies of the thread will recall that at one time we had managed to capture Johnny Depp and keep him chained in the closet of the Fantasy Beach Club Suite of imaginary rooms.

Johnny-johnny-depp-31158283-373-500.jpg

Unfortunately, it seems that he got out and is going to get married to some sexy trollop this weekend. In light of this tragic event I'd like to remind thread readers that it is imperative that we keep the door to the fantasy closet locked at all times. Do not be fooled by enticements that the sultry male strumpets we keep in this closet will make, stating that they will help with suite chores like refilling the margarita machine or take out the trash. This is just a ruse to facilitate their untimely departure from our clutches!

~NM

Oh say is ain't so!!!! Nooooooo.

Great seeing you this past Sunday Teena...have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Time to figure out how to post a new ticker on this new format...yikes!

I was wondering if the entire SAB pool is sand bottom or is it only sand bottom on the shallow side?
Thanks!!

page 148

Thank you!! Opps sorry!! Our dates just changed too. 4/18-4/21 Beach Club CL!!!! Can't wait to see the refurbed rooms and club level lounge!

Got it!!!

I didn't even notice. We will be at the YC March 9th through the 13th.

I'll make the correction!

Dee, "The Air Hurts My Face" is the funniest thing ever!!!

:wave2:

Good to see you posting here! Glad you "enjoyed" the comic- I know you can appreciate that thought. Too true today- Wind Chill temps are -18 today in Boston and it is my first day back at work at the farm. Wonder if we will have any little ones coming out to feed the animals???

:cold:

PS- I have a few more pictures of Spamalot posted on the last page of my Disneyland/Hawaii trip report.

I was wondering if the entire SAB pool is sand bottom or is it only sand bottom on the shallow side?
Thanks!!

Just parts of it. Some of the sand does drift over from the shallow side to other areas of the pool, though.

:fish:

Last edited:
I'm excited. I'm staying deluxe for the first time this Sept. I just changed from AKL savanna room to BC garden view I requested patio or balcony 2 queen beds. We will see what I get. I love eating at cape may cafe and have always end loved the lobby. So I'm excited about my stay here. It offered for for us than AKL did. While I wanted the animal view BC just seemed the best choice for us.

Any tips for first timers?

I'm excited. I'm staying deluxe for the first time this Sept. I just changed from AKL savanna room to BC garden view I requested patio or balcony 2 queen beds. We will see what I get. I love eating at cape may cafe and have always end loved the lobby. So I'm excited about my stay here. It offered for for us than AKL did. While I wanted the animal view BC just seemed the best choice for us.

Any tips for first timers?

Here is a good starting point for you, which will show you hours of facilities, including on-site dining options:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/beach-club-resort/2015-05-05/

The BC is spread out. If you will be spending time at EPCOT, Boardwalk, or DHS, you might add a request to be close to elevators, which will either get you a room near main elevators (close to lobby) or single elevator, which is near Quiet Pool and "secret" exit/entrance, which is no more than a five minute walk to EPCOT's International Gateway or Boardwalk.

You will certainly enjoy staying at the BC.

When you have time, read through the first page of this thread - there is lots of good info and photos, which should help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter