2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, no. I used to bring my own coffee too, but now they have "the pods"

Here's the info from Page 1, Post 14 (Other Useful Info)

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
Coffeepod.jpg

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

Here is what I believe are in the rooms currently. Anyone who has been there more recently, please correct this info if it is wrong:

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

I think this applies to both BC and YC- again, let me know if I am wrong!

I read somewhere yesterday, on another thread, that one of the hotels (I think it was the GF maybe??) now has Joffrey's pods in the rooms. Did I dream that??? LOL :lmao: I swear I read it somewhere. So maybe YC/BC will upgrade their pods as well???

Four weeks from today! Our first night is at the Resort Which Shall not be Named. And then on to YC CL Deluxe!!!!!!!!

In other news, any of you who had problems with the BC/YC club offerings- by all means please write a complaint letter before my trip so they do something better before late August. Thank you in advance.

Yes please! I'm really looking forward to our CL stay coming up in October, but this concerns me a bit. We're actually, at this moment, staying CL at the Sheraton Eau Claire in Calgary, on a trip to visit DH's family. And I have to say, I'm really regretting paying the upcharge for club services here. Granted, the breakfast here is really nice (and more extensive than I believe the BC CL will be), but the service is pretty basic, wine/beer/liquor not included (and $15 for a glass of wine!!!), and pretty minimal appetizers in the evening. For an extra $75 per day, we cold have gotten that breakfast for less at the hotel restaurant and grabbed a few snacks for the room from the grocery store on our way here.

It's not about exactly how much we're spending. I guess it's more about the overall feel. CL should feel kinda special, right? I'm still trying to figure out how to use the IC services to make the trip really special for my kids, and am loving the fact that cocktails are included. ;) Wondering... although DH is looking forward to the trip now, he wasn't exactly enthusiastic about *another* trip to the world. Maybe IC could help me come up with something to make this trip extra special for him, too, and make HIM want to come back. ;)

We've been booked for BC since January, we'll arrive in September, my ? Is how busy is the pool since I know it's shared with YC?

The summer is going to be busy at SAB, but since the pool complex is so large (3 acres), and room keys are checked to make sure people are not pool-hopping, there is usually room to spread out and the pool doesn't feel very cramped (my experience from July afternoons)

If you are going in September, after schools countrywide are back in session, the pool should be even less crowded.

The view is ok - the balcony is for morning coffee. I need to have about 20 minutes of peace in the morning before I turn into a normal person. I could be looking at a roof or an air conditioner and would be happy as long as I'm not looking at my two boys bickering first thing. :rotfl2:

We are a family of 5 and were SV CL. Our room looked out toward the bus stop thru the trees. I know they say rooftop views but another advantage of CL is that you are up on the 5th floor so looking straight out you see a nice view. When you look down you see a roof. I think if you were on a low floor the roof may not be as appealing.

Hard Rock, 3 nights.

We stayed at Portofino last time (I remember reading about your stay there), but we think this will be much more our style, and I love how close it is to the parks.

We're planning to go back soon, maybe Spring Break, and I'm leaning towards RP again. It's a bit further to walk but wasn't too bad. It feels a lot closer than Portofino.

We are staying at BC November 2-9. Celebrating our 40th Anniversary and our DDs and friends will be joining us for all the Food & Wine deliciousness. This will be our 17th year to experience the F & W Festival and 10 of those we have stayed at the BC. It is just about as perfect as it can be!

Dee sad to say but we have to come off the Be Our Guest list. Budget is dictating that we stay Mod in November. Thanks everyone for all the help in making our May trip at the BC awesome! We will get back someday!:goodvibes

I talked to a couple of different managers while we were there, you probably remember our leaking toilet nightmare :thumbsup2 , and they told me about the expansion of the lounge. I would definitely try it again if they expanded. I think it would make a world of difference.

Maybe I missed something, but, they are expanding the BC CL lounge? Any idea when it will be completed? That's great news, they really need a larger lounge!

We are a family of 5 and were SV CL. Our room looked out toward the bus stop thru the trees. I know they say rooftop views but another advantage of CL is that you are up on the 5th floor so looking straight out you see a nice view. When you look down you see a roof. I think if you were on a low floor the roof may not be as appealing.

That's really good to hear! Thank you for posting this.

The summer is going to be busy at SAB, but since the pool complex is so large (3 acres), and room keys are checked to make sure people are not pool-hopping, there is usually room to spread out and the pool doesn't feel very cramped (my experience from July afternoons)

If you are going in September, after schools countrywide are back in session, the pool should be even less crowded.

Thanks, good to know.

We are at 61 days now. Can I start to get excited yet? DJ would rather do poly but doesn't want to pay morethan we already are. Its the food he thinks is better but I am going to surprise him with park hopper so we can just go to Epcot and have a gazillion choices. Well, you know what I mean. Our dates are 8/31-9/7. I booked GV and the kids said they wanted to be closer to SAB. Last time at BC we were in 2606 which was a huge room on the corner with a humongous balcony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter