2011 Itineraries Announcement Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DD and I saw that too. We kept looking at the wall with the pictures hoping there might be a hint there.

The hint is the Dalmation dog on the desk. Disney is going to be sailing to the Dalmation Coast in 2011. Split will be one of the ports.

Jeff

I noticed the elevator too, and that it includes the 11 decks they said the new ships would have. And am I crazy, but did anyone else notice that though the hand is pointed to either the 10th or 11th deck, and every other deck # is lit up, the number for deck 3 is not lit up? Or is that just a result of the camera angle (or an accident)?

Just to play devils advocat are we maybe reading too much into this? Croatia? I doubt Disney will be sailing from LA to Croatia it just doesn't make sense. I could understand if we were looking at the 2012 schedules and at where the Magic will sail from Dover but I think we may be thinking about this way too much. This is just my 2 cents and I'm not saying they wont announce this it just seems like a crazy idea to me until the Magic is repositioned. Unless of course they are also releasing the information for the Magic or I am looking at a completely different Dalmatian coast as I thought this was 200 miles along Croatia's coast including Split?
mapcroatia-infonet1.jpg

Subscribing...

This has got to be fun for DCL, they are probably rolling on the floor laughing as they read through all the speculation. :rotfl2:

I love the interpretation of the map and movie clip. Great stuff.

Just to throw a real curve, is there any reason the Wonder has to go through the Panama Canal to the West Coast for her repositioning? With the Magic and Dream both in the Atlantic to cover the current duties, is the Wonder sturdy enough to get to the West Coast via an Eastbound itinerary, taking her time and making a number of "mini voyages" along the way? Only thing that makes me curious was the map with the question mark over by Asia.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Hawaii! That would be the best way for us to travel there with small children...the only way for us to go anytime in the near future!

I'll be watching this in the car Friday on my way to MNSSHP!

Just to play devils advocat are we maybe reading too much into this? Croatia? I doubt Disney will be sailing from LA to Croatia it just doesn't make sense. I could understand if we were looking at the 2012 schedules and at where the Magic will sail from Dover but I think we may be thinking about this way too much. This is just my 2 cents and I'm not saying they wont announce this it just seems like a crazy idea to me until the Magic is repositioned. Unless of course they are also releasing the information for the Magic or I am looking at a completely different Dalmatian coast as I thought this was 200 miles along Croatia's coast including Split?
mapcroatia-infonet1.jpg

No Sarah - You are inthe right area. In 2011, the Dream will be sailing Europe (because it's already there) before home porting in CC. The Wonder will be in LA and the Magic will be in the Caribbean. There are numerous itineraries that could be put together in that area (from The Dalmation Coast)..... Dubrovnik and Split, Croatia; Corfu, Greece; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey; Iraklion (Heraklion), Crete; Venice, Italy. This is just my speculation.

No Sarah - You are inthe right area. In 2011, the Dream will be sailing Europe (because it's already there) before home porting in CC. The Wonder will be in LA and the Magic will be in the Caribbean. There are numerous itineraries that could be put together in that area (from The Dalmation Coast)..... Dubrovnik and Split, Croatia; Corfu, Greece; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey; Iraklion (Heraklion), Crete; Venice, Italy. This is just my speculation.

Since I am doing that itenerary on RCCL next summer- I really hope you are wrong. Although, it will be so expensive I will be happy with the Brilliance anyway. :rotfl2:

Keeping my fingers crossed for Hawaii! That would be the best way for us to travel there with small children...the only way for us to go anytime in the near future!

I'll be watching this in the car Friday on my way to MNSSHP!

I too would :love::love::love::love::love::love: Hawaii... I just find it highly unlikely. Capt. Tom said at a CC gathering that Hawaii was too hard. He says if it were to occur, it could only be a speciality cruise. He went on to say it would take too long to get there and back. He went on by commenting, even if leaving from the West Coast it would take about 15 days round trip. This conversation happened when people were asking about new destinations. So he laughed and first said "Alaska" hummmmm.... That sounds interesting.... Why has this not been the first time I have heard that?" then someone asked about Hawaii and he gave us the above information.

I think this is the reason NCL is the main cruise line that goes there and have a ship for that particular cruise.:surfweb:

I too would :love::love::love::love::love::love: Hawaii... I just find it highly unlikely. Capt. Tom said at a CC gathering that Hawaii was too hard. He says if it were to occur, it could only be a speciality cruise. He went on to say it would take too long to get there and back. He went on by commenting, even if leaving from the West Coast it would take about 15 days round trip. This conversation happened when people were asking about new destinations. So he laughed and first said "Alaska" hummmmm.... That sounds interesting.... Why has this not been the first time I have heard that?" then someone asked about Hawaii and he gave us the above information.

I think this is the reason NCL is the main cruise line that goes there and have a ship for that particular cruise.:surfweb:

A round trip from LA to Hawaii and back is not unusual. Other cruise lines make the run. It's a longer cruise...but plenty of DCL loyals prefer the longer sailings. I'm not sure DCL would do it regularly but I don't think it's any more unlikely than some of the other itineraries being thrown around.

Jess

No one will shoot you down, :) Hawaii has been on the cards since they (publically) dropped out of Alaska, ( not dead yet, may surprise us), It will not dock at the new Disney resort in Hawaii, that pier cannot take it.

I think there has been a lot of discussion saying it would port/dock there, that by all commentators has been said to no be possible, but a 12 night trip out of LA, via Mexico, to satisfy USA rules on foreign registered ships is plausible, and visiting a few islands there. Maybe as others have posted, one ways, so you can choose if you want to go and stay, or stay and cruise back.

I wouldnt do thoose sea days though......

We will find out on Friday, I think however we have been focusing too much on the West coast USA, and Panama the Caribbean is still interesting,

they only dropped out of the Glacier Bay area we do not know if they will be visiting other ports in Alaska just not Glacier Bay

I just watched the new video and it said a new destination meaning one.

Since the Dalmation cost is part of Europe I don't think that would be considered a new destination it would be a new port of call

Just to throw a real curve, is there any reason the Wonder has to go through the Panama Canal to the West Coast for her repositioning? With the Magic and Dream both in the Atlantic to cover the current duties, is the Wonder sturdy enough to get to the West Coast via an Eastbound itinerary, taking her time and making a number of "mini voyages" along the way? Only thing that makes me curious was the map with the question mark over by Asia.

This is my current biggest fear! :scared1:

On another thread I read about Castaway Club getting first option on inagural. Is this correct? Won't the Dream be taking over for the Wonder on the 3/4 night cruises? Any ideas?

I think most people are assuming it is taking over the wonder itinerary since the Wonder is the ship that is moving to the west coast. I know that Disney drums to its own beat but with other cruise lines they usually move their older ships to the shorter routes and move the new ships to the longer sailings. Usually for 2 reasons, one because new ships warrant a higher $ and Disney cruises on the Wonder are already higher prices any higher and they won't have many people sailing. I mean some of the 5nt sailings for 2010 are over $7000 for 4 people. Even the 4nt sailings are higher priced then this year.

The second - With the new ships having more to do on them I can't see them sailing on a 3nt there wouldn't be enough time for anything

Sounds like some people think, that DCL may go to 101 new destinations!!

2012 for the Magic seems odds on in Europe with an expansion of trips, i know the DCL office in London is increasing its staff to look after European business and trips.

One, and only one person last month said to me that the Magic was going to Europe in 2011, now I discounted that as he was the one against the tide of the other two destinations.

Two destinations come up time and time again,

Hawaii, 12 or 14 night trips from LA, passes the make sense test, Wonder is there, the Wonder will make circa 30 calls, so if these are all 7 night Mexico trips it has to go somewhere else, as I have posted since last year.

Alaska, now Hawaii outnumbers Alaska by about 10 rumors to 1, I have posted I do not think Alaska is dead in the water, but the rumor mill is on Hawaii.

With a new Disney resort opening in 2011, and this being the No1 destination requested by DCL cruisers, this is where the smart money is.

With a new Disney resort opening in 2011, and this being the No1 destination requested by DCL cruisers, this is where the smart money is.

ITA. The new resort and ship in the same year is too coincidental for me.

Since the Wonder won't be sailing (as it has been stated before) the Mexican Riviera all year long it has to go somewhere and my money is on Hawaii.

We were on the last 15 day repo and would love to go on another long cruise to or from Hawaii.

Even if they offer the Hawaii sailings I can only see them being offered on select sailings. I don't think they can fill up 20 sailings of 15nts each for example. They may offer a few but I can't see them doing them over and over every two weeks for say 1/2 the year or even 1/4 of the year.

The round trip sailings would be 14-15nts long and even though I love longer sailings I can't see the ship being filled each and everyone of them. They may do where people can do one way sailings disembarking or embarking in Hawaii but then again you have to have enough interest with people having 4 days at sea in a row.

ITA. The new resort and ship in the same year is too coincidental for me.

Since the Wonder won't be sailing (as it has been stated before) the Mexican Riviera all year long it has to go somewhere and my money is on Hawaii.

We were on the last 15 day repo and would love to go on another long cruise to or from Hawaii.

Even if they offer the Hawaii sailings I can only see them being offered on select sailings. I don't think they can fill up 20 sailings of 15nts each for example. They may offer a few but I can't see them doing them over and over every week for say 1/2 the year or even 1/4 of the year.

The round trip sailings would be 14-15nts long and even though I love longer sailings I can't see the ship being filled each and everyone of them. They may do where people can do one way sailings disembarking or embarking in Hawaii but then again you have to have enough interest with people having 4 days at sea in a row.

Yes like the Baltic select cruises only say 4, then the prices will be sky high, and these cruises sandwiched in with Mexican Rivera ones.

I agree with the sea days, and this is my concern, I think loads of people 'say' they would love to cruise Hawaii, when you tell them about the high number of sea days on the active Pacific, a lot will drop out.

Yes like the Baltic select cruises only say 4, then the prices will be sky high, and these cruises sandwiched in with Mexican Rivera ones.

I agree with the sea days, and this is my concern, I think loads of people 'say' they would love to cruise Hawaii, when you tell them about the high number of sea days on the active Pacific, a lot will drop out.

My Ta said that at a conference she attended last year they were talking about the future of DCL and Hawaii was not one of the locations that was on the list but we know that with Disney anything can change. Northern Europe was one of the locations and that was announced for 2010. Alaska was on the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter