**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

Thanks for all of the feedback on the Sweet Sunday's events

We will also be there when Buddy is there and I thought that might be a good even to do as my wife will be very pregnant at the time and it seemed like one event where the $ was really, really driven by the alcohol aspect ... but perhaps it isn't worth it.

Well, I will let her decide :o)

Does anyone have thoughts on the Tequila tasting event?

Obviously the "with lunch" option is new this year, but wondering if people like the regular event in the past

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to allocate my QSDP credits on this next trip. I was looking at last year's menu and I see many kiosks that offer items that are snack credits, are there any that offer options large enough that they are CS credits? TIA!

Does anyone have thoughts on the Tequila tasting event?

Obviously the "with lunch" option is new this year, but wondering if people like the regular event in the past

I loved it in 2009! I'm not a big tequila fan (though I love drinks that tequila is IN), but I really enjoyed learning the history of the spirit and what goes into making it! I felt really smart afterword. Maybe that was the tequila.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to allocate my QSDP credits on this next trip. I was looking at last year's menu and I see many kiosks that offer items that are snack credits, are there any that offer options large enough that they are CS credits? TIA!

Nope -- nothing large enough to be a CS credit. You might find some specialty items for the festival in some of the counter-service locations, but nothing at the booths will be a CS credit (or it hasn't been up to this point).

I have a question about the ability to eat around the world....LOL. So this will be our first time for F&W. I was looking over the menu items listed. If we are splitting each item, how likely is it that we can eat halfway around the world on any given night? Is splitting even feasible?

We have plans to do two full days at Epcot with our dinners being the food booths. We will still be touring between eating. I just want to know how realistic it is to think we can taste everything in two nights. There are three booths that nothing appeals to any of us so we will be skipping those. Any, and all, advice is welcome!

I loved it in 2009! I'm not a big tequila fan (though I love drinks that tequila is IN), but I really enjoyed learning the history of the spirit and what goes into making it! I felt really smart afterword. Maybe that was the tequila.

I agree with AJ - for the price the tequila tasting event is a good deal and it's educational wihout being dull. A few nice snacks were provided to take the edge off the tequila and a good time was had by all. If we were going back this year we'd be all over the lunch option.

The only dining plan credits that can be used for the festival is snack credits, and only at the World Showcase kiosks. They don't take CS credits.

I would not do the tequila tasting. I would just take my fifty bucks in there and ask the bartenders to pour three of the best shots they can for that. Then I would ask the manager to explain the mural. And I'm serious.

I do plan to do the lunch though.

I would not do the tequila tasting. I would just take my fifty bucks in there and ask the bartenders to pour three of the best shots they can for that. Then I would ask the manager to explain the mural. And I'm serious.

:laughing: And then there's that option... ;)

I'd have to think a bit about whether $50 worth of margaritas would be better than the seminar. Never thought of it that way.

I have a question about the ability to eat around the world....LOL. So this will be our first time for F&W. I was looking over the menu items listed. If we are splitting each item, how likely is it that we can eat halfway around the world on any given night? Is splitting even feasible?

We have plans to do two full days at Epcot with our dinners being the food booths. We will still be touring between eating. I just want to know how realistic it is to think we can taste everything in two nights. There are three booths that nothing appeals to any of us so we will be skipping those. Any, and all, advice is welcome!

When we were there 2 years ago we split all the samplings. We are not huge eaters and we found that after 8 or 9 of the small plates that we were full enough to take a break for a few hours. We got one of everything foodwise at each booth and only skipped 2-3 booths. It took us from Sat. to Thurs. to work in all the offerings, but we also had a TS ADR every day. This time we have only one ADR and that is for the Sunday we plan to spend avoiding EPCOT. Other than the French Regional Lunch we hope to book and the Cat Cora Dinner Sat night we plan to make the rest of our meals for our Th - Mon stay at BCV from the kiosks. I hope that will be enough to try everything we want at least once. The only thing we don't spilt (as previously mentioned) is that awesome tiny cake from Ireland!

That is one of our favorites! It is SO rich that the serving size is just right. It is one of the few items where DH and I each get our own serving because we love it so much. I'll have that choc cake probably 4 or 5 times during our trip.

Oh I agree it was very tasty just really, really small. I shared mine with DS13 & only got 1 bite. I just thought for the price it should have been a little bigger.

My advice is pace yourself. A 2 day touring plan sounds good. That's what we've done in the past. We do one 1/2 of WS one day (sharing plates) & then the other 1/2 another day. Otherwise it's food & drink overload (at least for me) & that's not pretty. :crazy2: Hope you have a wonderful time!

They do, if you mean using snack credits from your dining plans at the kiosks.

I think they mean a plan that would allow you to just buy 50 snack credits... which they don't have. I do think an ala carte dining plan would be great. Have the three standard plans and then a build your own which has a dollar value for table, counter and snack credits.

Then again that's why they have gift cards.

I think they mean a plan that would allow you to just buy 50 snack credits... which they don't have. I do think an ala carte dining plan would be great. Have the three standard plans and then a build your own which has a dollar value for table, counter and snack credits.

Then again that's why they have gift cards.

Very True! I love TS, but during F&W all I want is snack credits!

Would like more info on the 10 vertical wine tasting at California Grill Nov.5th. Is a meal included or is it just a wine course? For 225.00 I expect food. Anyone have any idea?

I eat lunch and dinner from the Kiosk's most days when I am there. Can't imagine how the DDP would be a good value for me during Food and Wine! (Well, I have a very hard time imagining how it's a value under any circumstances)

The only dining plan credits that can be used for the festival is snack credits, and only at the World Showcase kiosks. They don't take CS credits.

I do plan to do the lunch though.

I am actually thinking of doing that now ... we would have to change our plans to be in EPCOT a day they have the seminar (I think they had them on Fridays too in the past, so I was kinda counting on that continuing) ...

... so rather than do that, just take some time out of one day to hit up the cantina and try some tequila out.

OK, repeating my question before it gets pushed too far down:
know that I can book Party for the Senses, and a Chocolate thing. But what about the culinary demos? Are those "bookable" events, or is it just show up and hope you get in? Is there a schedule? There are a couple of chefs we really want to see. Am I correct in assuming that if they haven't been announced at a "big" event they'll be there for a demo (if their name has been announced)?

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter