**2010** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED 11/14. 2011 FESTIVAL 9/30-11/13

We will be at F&W Oct. 3-10. This is our first experience with F&W. A question - at the food booths can you charge purchases to your room or do you have to have cash for everything? I envision us doing a lot of "grazing" during the week. Do I need to carry a wad of cash?

Amended - just saw a previous post that they take credit cards and gift cards. But question stands - do they allow room charges?

Or you can also get a gift card for F&W - I think I heard its like a keychain type - and you can just whip that out each time! Thats what I am going to do although the room charge thing would be just as convenient I think...unless you had to sign each time you got something. :confused3

And thank you to those who answered my F&W hours question! :goodvibes

We will be at F&W Oct. 3-10. This is our first experience with F&W. A question - at the food booths can you charge purchases to your room or do you have to have cash for everything? I envision us doing a lot of "grazing" during the week. Do I need to carry a wad of cash?

Amended - just saw a previous post that they take credit cards and gift cards. But question stands - do they allow room charges?

Or you can also get a gift card for F&W - I think I heard its like a keychain type - and you can just whip that out each time! Thats what I am going to do although the room charge thing would be just as convenient I think...unless you had to sign each time you got something. :confused3

This is what we do and use it all over the parks, not just at F&W, it is great!:surfweb:

ooooo great idea! How funny is it this never occured to me? LOL! :rotfl:

Sure would save some time and energy from not having to drag out your wallet. Is it the keychain/wristlet kind?

This is what we do and use it all over the parks, not just at F&W, it is great!:surfweb:

Sure would save some time and energy from not having to drag out your wallet. Is it the keychain/wristlet kind?

It has a wrist cord on it, that is elastic, slip on and off when you need it, I used mine way too much last year for 10 days and never had a problem with it. It can be reloaded almost anywhere you can buy anything.(i did that too much too)

:laughing:

Awesome! Thanks - I am adding this to my itinerary so I dont forget to get one on the way in! So much easier! Hmmm...that can be both good and bad, huh? :rotfl2:

It has a wrist cord on it, that is elastic, slip on and off when you need it, I used mine way too much last year for 10 days and never had a problem with it. It can be reloaded almost anywhere you can buy anything.(i did that too much too)

:laughing:

Awesome! Thanks - I am adding this to my itinerary so I dont forget to get one on the way in! So much easier! Hmmm...that can be both good and bad, huh? :rotfl2:

I will just be glad when we get the official list for food and wine....So I can start planning for real.

This is one from 2 years ago ...

It comes as a full card but can be split for wrist wearing, very convenient.

(Note the current discrepancy in scheduling for the new Dessert event - the planning site says Thursdays and the Disney Parks Blog says Fridays. We don't know which is correct, so keep an eye out for the official schedule release if you want to plan this event. This is of course the same Disney Parks Blog that said Artist Point was at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

My understanding, based on an article from examiner.com, is that the event was originally announced at the D23 Flower and Garden Festival Event and was slated for Thursday evenings at that point. However, the day of the week has now been switched to Friday.

Perhaps the planning site has not been updated to reflect the change? :confused3

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-38263-Disney-Travel-Examiner~y2010m6d6-Epcot-International-Food--Wine-Festival-special-event-3D-Disneys-Dessert-Discovery

I have never been is it worth it?

It is a brand new event for this year’s festival. We won’t really know how goof it is until Oct 1st, which should be the 1st instance of this event.

Right now it is being described as a Dessert Discovery, where you get to sample several 3-4 ounce dessert portions, some prepared at action stations, paired with wines, cordials and coffee/tea. There is also a VIP viewing of Illuminations after the event. It is estimated to be 2 hours in length, with approx 500 guests in attendance.

It is a brand new event for this year’s festival. We won’t really know how goof it is until Oct 1st, which should be the 1st instance of this event.

Right now it is being described as a Dessert Discovery, where you get to sample several 3-4 ounce dessert portions, some prepared at action stations, paired with wines, cordials and coffee/tea. There is also a VIP viewing of Illuminations after the event. It is estimated to be 2 hours in length, with approx 500 guests in attendance.

for some reason I thought that there was a dessert one last year?:confused3
Thanks for the info

So long as the planning site says Thursday I'm not comfortable with saying it's definitely Friday until the official list comes out. If the Disney Parks Blog is the source for the switch to Fridays, they're not always correct.

October 15-23rd!

Our First Food and Wine Festival!!!!! :woohoo:

I am soooooo excited!

As of now, we only have 1 day planned -- then one night at MNSSHP and one full day at MK -- I may have to find another day at Epcot -- It has become one of my favorites! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter