2010 - An Olympic Odyssey

wtg2000

DIS Veteran
I know it's a long way off, but I'm wondering if the Vancouver Olympics will affect the schedules of Disney fans.

I've always wanted to attend a games, especially the winter ones, and this would seem to be my best chance. However, being an Ontarian, it would probably mean foregoing my yearly trip to WDW.

Hopefully by then I'll be independently wealthy and able to do both.

Congratulations Vancouver!

I was in Montreal in 1976 for the Summer Games and what memories!

I've always wanted to attend Winter Games but had to forgo Calgary, So meybe Vancouver!

Scratch
:smooth:

Congrats Vancouver
So I guess now Toronto's bid for the summer 2012 olympic chances or nil.

Great news for Vancouver as well as all of Canada!!!!!!And the news just after we celebrated Canada Day!:)

Congratulations to Vancouver!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

PS: We've still got our fingers crossed that Hamilton will get the 2010 Commonwealth Games.;) :)

Congratulations Vancouver! :bounce:

I'll definitely be planning a visit out to my sister in BC in 2010! ;):)

I was also at the 76 Montreal summer games and saw Nadia get a perfect 10! I would love to go to the Vancouver games and see the Figure Skating....maybe my daughter will be a competitor!!! I was wondering if the hotels started taking reservations for 2010 this morning...can see it now....what costs $70 today will be $400 then! I was in Vancouver a few months ago and thought boy, there will be a traffic nightmare if the games were held there...I'm sure they have a plan, but right now it's a terrible city to get around. I'm very happy for BC!

Vancouver's traffic is a part of us :) it makes us happy! haha - but i'm so used to it that i CRINGE at the thought of massive toronto-like freeways and highways. ugh - no cement city for me. 2010 will be a mixed blessing, i think. but at least i won't need a hotel :)

Fantastic. I'm so thrilled! I'm hoping to be over in Vancouver before 2010 (permanently - fingers crossed) so I'm really hope to be able to attend the Games!! I love it! Wearing my Roots Canadian 2002 top right now!

John :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DH and I are already planning on taking our kids (even though we don't have any yet) It's almost a once in a lifetime opportunity and I wouldn't miss it.

So excited that Van won the Olympic bid.

DH and I signed up to be volunteers two years ago.

Come one, come all... it is going to be a blast.

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter