20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going out today and buying two more little puppies.

Since we got this puppy (Friday) I have lost two pounds!! So I figure a couple more puppies and I should be down to goal in no time!!!! :)

Originally posted by tinksdad
Disney World update:

DancnD called me last night after watching the local (Orlando) news and was worried about the Tropical storm Charley coming in. Looks like it will be heading up from Fort Myers right through Orlando and up the East coast.

Calls for thunderstorms and winds from 15mph to 45mph, gust to 65mph.

The best thing they can do is to not watch the news. They really start forecasting early when there is nothing else to talk about. It gets people worked up, all for nothing. In Orlando they won't see much, just some wind and rain, but not much else.

Sounds like we left Orlando just in time! I've dealt with one hurricane, that's enough for me.

Tinksdad....now that I have spent considerable time with your DW (who is truly a wonderful woman!) I don't think you will ever talk her into diving.....sorry!

OM.......is Maggie sleeping better? Remember I hade that same problem with my grandpuppy...but he's older, and it only took him a couple of days to settle in. I hesitate to say that the last time we had puppies (yes, I bought two...stupid...) they cried in their crate all night, and finally, after the fourth night of no sleep, (and this is where I am going to get into trouble) I went in and bopped them on the head with a newspaper. They never cried again after that. Honest.

You may have noticed by now that I have been avoiding telling stories. Mostly because I broke Vacation Rule #1....which is No Drinking While On Vacation......because I make a fool of myself, and then don't remember half of what went on.
But this is what I am going to do right now....I have to go get dressed, since I don't know when my DSIL is arriving, and then I'll come back and see if I can conjure up a memory or two.

We don't have a picture of all of the DISer's together. A few were not there at each of our meetings, and the night we were at the Rose & Crown, it had been pouring rain. We decided by group vote (okay, it was us girls that decided) that we all looked like drowned rats, thus no pictures were to be taken.
So I will e-mail Mary a picture of those of us who were at the Adventurer's Club.....the ones missing that night were jilljill and her family. And I'll see what else I can find in my pictures to send. Hopefully Mary will have time in the next day or two to put those up, and you all can at least see what we were up to.
Is that okay, Mary???

Back in a few.

Stacey

Sounds like a plan Stacey - can't wait to see them! :D

Hi all

What a GREAT time!! Everyone was wonderful that we met at WDW. We had a blast. Wish everyone could have been there
I haven't had a chance to catch up on all that I missed. I'm actually posting at work (something I never do)

I expect GarRy & Gregg(DS) to get home some time later this evening.

Wishing I was still at Disney!!

Vicki

Hey, Vicki! Glad you made it home okay! They didn't lose any of your luggage, did they??? That story comes at the very end.

I guess I'll just do a mini trip report....I can't think of any other way to tell about the trip and the meetings, if I don't go in order.

DAY ONE: Megan and I miss our flight.
Our morning started out just fine. I usually travel at about 10:00 or 11:00, to avoid the rush hour traffic in Phoenix. Up here in Cave Creek, "rush hour" means there are two cars in front of you at the only stop sign in town!
We decided to take the freeway down to the airport rather than go through town. I've only gone this way twice. We missed our exit, so i thought "No big deal" if I shoot through heading east, I'll get there. Well, you can't. There are railroad tracks. So we go north a ways. We hit a street that I knew went through, but haven't ever been on. Megan was amazed....(close your eyes and skip ahead if you are modest) they have motels down there with hourly rates, and every motel sign advertised Adult Movies. She couldn't get over that. I'm glad that at age 22, she still didn't know these existed.
So, anyway, we finally get to the airport. We are in line to check our bags for 45 minutes. When we get to the front the guy says we missed the cut-off to check bags by 5 minutes. I spoke to a supervisor to no avail. I had upgraded us to first class with my points, and we were very disappointed, to say the least. They got us on the next flight, leaving three hours later. And luckily, they still had two seats in first class. We enjoyed feeling like princesses....full meal, sodas all the time....real silverware...well, real fork and spoon, but a plastic knife.

Next Installment will have to wait. DSIL has just arrived. Sorry!

Originally posted by justmestace
Sounds like we left Orlando just in time! I've dealt with one hurricane, that's enough for me.

Tinksdad....now that I have spent considerable time with your DW (who is truly a wonderful woman!) I don't think you will ever talk her into diving.....sorry!

Stacey
I know your right intellectually, however a guys gotta dream you know. It would be a blast getting all the things I love around me at the same time (family and love of the water).

BTW, ;) I know she's great......

I won't be able to finish my story for a while. I may be able to check in now and then, but my sister in law announced upon their arrival that she and her son had brought extra clothes so that they could spend the night!! Whoo hoo!

So I'll be entertaining family for a while.........

Have a great night everyone, and a good day tomorrow!

Stacey

Where's that rolled-up newspaper???

GOOD THURSDAY MORNING TO ALL OF THE HOLIDAY CRUISERS!!

Be back on eventually tomorrow!

Have a great day, everyone!

Stacey

:flower1: Good Morning Cruisers! :flower1:

Happy Thursday everyone!

Wow I thought we had a new cruiser with us - wayoutwest :D

Got Stacey's pictures from WDW and will do my best to get them up on the website tonight (no time this morning).

Wish we could have been there to enjoy the fun as well!

Well off to read the boards and then to work.

Have a great day everyone and those of you near the storms stay safe!

Good Morning everybody - hope that everybody in the path of the storms stays safe and dry!

Heading to Morgantown today to see Kristin.... take her new PowerBook to her for school... see the apartment... let Lauren spend some time with her....

Have a GREAT DAY!

Virgil
pirate:

WELL GREAT MORNING ALL

NO PICTURES OF ME THOSE ARE NOT ME NOPE NOPE NOPE

FIRST THING

dancid please tell your daughter I said I'm SORRY that was mean of me. she is very sweet so sorry for being mean too her.
So did anyone one else win a 4 day cruise FREE on the wonder ??
????????

MEANIE MEANIE.

WELL great trip but short glad too meet everyone. scuba diver sorry we missed you guys.

okay off too get all this work done that NEVER got done while I was gone strange how that works,

I work 3 days in a row A G A I N fri, sat, sun, off mon work tues.

have a great day all

gaRry

Morning all. We had a great time at the picnic yesterday. DS was the last one in the simulator, and the guy running it is someone we know from Scouts, so he let him play a long time. He flew over our house, switched from airplane mode to helicopter mode a couple of times, landed on the Eastern Shore and hovered over the Chesapeake Bay. Only thing he couldn't do on the V22 sim was a barrel roll (those big propellors just don't work upside down!!!). But he was able to fly the F-18 sim for a little bit, and he did 2 or 3 barrel rolls there to make up for it. He talked about it the rest of the day! DD stayed back at the picnic and made leather crafts and watched all the little kids. She's really good at helping with the babies. Then when I got back they both went into the dunk tank so overall it was a fun day for them.

Welcome back GaRry and Vicki. Glad you had a good time. Good luck catching up on the chores. It sure would be nice if things at home went on vacation at the same time that we do wouldn't it?

My mom is in SW Floriday (lives between Naples and Ft. Myers), so she's prepping for Charley. She has to work this evening (a nurse in a retirement home), so she's not sure where she's staying tonight.

We still plan on our trip to Williamsburg tomorrow. I'll try to check in before we leave, but if I don't, everyone have a great weekend.

Lisa

it was the best of times, it was the worst of times....

we've been doing several daytime crate training exercises with Maggie and yesterday we put her in there while we ate dinner and she did not bark herself silly. she laid down and was quiet.

so last night, she went out at 11. went into the crate and only barked for a few minutes.

i got up at 2 and she was actually ASLEEP in the crate!! took her out. she peed, but then was distracted by every twig, leaf, piece of grass, shadow (darn retrievers!) so after 10 minutes in the cold i figured she was done. gave her a small puppy biscuit for being so good and to entice her back in her crate and went to bed.

she barked a bit but i fell asleep so i have no idea what was happening until i got up at 5 and smelled puppy poo....not a good sign when it's up a level and down at the other end of the house!

the barking maniac has spread poo all over her crate. God help me!!!! 30 minutes of scrubbing the tray and every bar of that crate, i went back to bed.

but i guess her being asleep at 2 was a drastic improvement.

mental note, no more puppy biscuits at 2 am!

Originally posted by Cruisin'goose
WELL GREAT MORNING ALL

NO PICTURES OF ME THOSE ARE NOT ME NOPE NOPE NOPE

FIRST THING

dancid please tell your daughter I said I'm SORRY that was mean of me. she is very sweet so sorry for being mean too her.
So did anyone one else win a 4 day cruise FREE on the wonder ??
????????

MEANIE MEANIE.

gaRry
Weelll, I had to admit that statement got my hackles up!! Had to call DancinD to get the whole story. Now that I know....

Not to worry Gary, being the "mean" father, I pull stuff like that all the time.

Nice one!!::yes:: wish I was a fly on the wall for the reaction.......

What did I miss??? What did mean ol' GaRry do to the poor girl??

Company left....have a few chores to do.

But I will very quickly finish the Day 1 WDW Trip:

Arrived in Orlando, our driver met us...we walked out to see a stretch limo waiting. Megan was soooo surprised! She thought we had a towncar. Made a grocery stop (Pepsi) and it was fun to be let out by a driver....

Our room at the GF was a "dormer" room....high ceilings, beautiful, nice quiet, enclosed balcony. We loved it. I had been hoping for a dormer room. We were in Sago Cay...we could see the MK, and the Contemporary. Perfect.

Ran to get on the monorail to meet Garry, Vicki, Gregg, Barb, Jay & Alexa for dinner at Chef Mickey's.
I found them right away, because Garry was wearing a lime green shirt! And apparently, I had just missed the opportunity to pay the bill for dinner! And was also too late to eat dinner!

We watched the fireworks from the Contemporary, talked and laughed a lot. It still seems so funny to me to be ableto just sit right down with people who are basically total strangers, and take up a conversation as if we had known eachother forever.

I think we're lucky, all of us, to have a group of such really cool people.

(And to all those of you who asked me to check this out....ssshhh, don't tell him we were talking about him, but.....GaRry's a really normal , nice, funny guy! Kinda quiet, actually. Now, Vicki , on the other hand......) Oops, gotta run!

Stacey

Well, for all those who are wondering about Hurriance Charley, let me say that DS and DD are loving it. They just closed the schools in Daytona Beach and must of Central Florida for Friday. The rains won't be here until 10 PM so the kids wil spend the day in the pool. What a tough way to spend a day off school.

Of course DW and I have to work.

It is still forecasted to hit Tampa and go north so WDW should just get some wind and rain. Not much. The best part of a hurricane is that the weather is great before and after. The storm just sucks all the bad weather into it. Dancid should have a great morning in the park if they can get out of bed.

Time to go and put plywood on the windows, lol. Thankfully we are on the other side of the state of Tampa!

Tinksdad, All diving is called off for the weekend. Guess I will just have to do chores around the house like take down the plywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest