2 days at Epcot or MK?

I agree that MK would be the best choice for your kids. My family loves Epcot, but my kids are older now and don't mind walking around the World Showcase. At 5 & 7, they were not interested in seeing the countries, so Epcot was doable in one day. They loved the rides and magic of MK and could have spent the whole trip there. We still do at least 2 days to make sure we aren't rushed to do everything! Plus, it is nice to have 2 days worth of fastpasses at MK since there are so many rides to choose from.

Something else to think about - you may just want to spend a half day enjoying the pool at the resort. We also stay at the Beach Club and the pool facility is amazing! It is a destination in itself. :)

My kids at that age loved Epcot. We would catch the entertainment in the Countries and they loved Living with the land boat ride and wanted to ride it over and over.

Go to one each park for the first 4 days, and on the 5th day take a vote if where everyone wants to go. You don’t need to decide in advance!

True and will probably end up doing that. My boys are SW freaks so they might choose to go back to HS.

I would use 2 full days at any other park & just do Epcot for a half day. It's our least favorite and barely a half day park for us. My kids are bored to tears there.

We always do 2x MK and 2x EP in our trips because they're our favorites, except for the first time, we did only 2x MK and 1x each others.

I think as a first timers you guys should do 2x MK specially because of the kids and the park is the most magic and WOW ever.
or 1x each and then you guys decide your favorite and repeat it. :)

We like epcot.

But magic kingdom is where it's at for kids. I have all boys, 6, 8 and 10. We do no princesses and only a few characters.
On our trip last week we spent from 8am-10:30 pm at MK on our first day and from 8-2 and then 5-10 there on our 3rd day. If we had had hoppers we would've gone back.
There is so much to see and explore and ride.

Play it by ear. Go whichever park you feel like you need more time in. If MK and Epcot are early in your trip, you will know by your third day and can go ahead and book FPs.

Since you have reached the "price point" on your tickets (4-day passes) it really is not that much more expensive to add 1, 2, or even 3 days to them. Depending on what time you arrive/depart, you may be able to fit part of a day into your schedule on your travel days. I would not spend a full day at the pool either. Take an afternoon off, maybe even 2 to go swim and get away from the parks. When we go to Disney, we have a park ticket for every day we are there and know that we are going to prioritize park time over anything else. We have hit the pools mid-day or even after the parks close to have some "down time".

As for parks, I'd spend more time at MK. It is the park with the most attractions overall and can be very hard to do in a single day, even multiple days. HS and AK would be my next 2 choices with Epcot being last. With the age of your kids, Epcot will be lower on their list of "likes" and it is not my favorite park of the 4 personally.

I would say MK for sure, with young kids in your party. Epcot is fantastic for adults, especially with all the food options, but even my teenage brother gets a little tired of it after about half a day. He's only interested in rides, and Epcot just doesn't put thier focus in rides.
It is worth noting that MK is not only, or even mostly, just castles and princesses - great news for the boys in your life! Really the only princess oriented stuff is the castle (which is, of course, the centerpiece, I think that is why people think of it as a "Princess" park), and Fantasyland. But even in Fantasyland you have Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Mickey's Philharmagic, and other things boys might like.
I think in the MK, boys would especially enjoy Frontierland, Adventureland, and Storybook Circus. Also, as somebody mentioned, Tom Sawyer Island is a good option for young kids.
Whatever you decide, I hope you have a magical first trip!

Well I disagree with your disagreement of our disagreement.:rotfl:

Seriously....I would have a hard time telling someone who has never been to Epcot to only schedule a half day there. We wouldn’t even make it out of Future World in half a day.

That's ok I already did it :thumbsup2

Well I disagree with your disagreement of our disagreement.:rotfl:

Seriously....I would have a hard time telling someone who has never been to Epcot to only schedule a half day there. We wouldn’t even make it out of Future World in half a day.

If this were the Epcot of 25 years ago, I would totally agree. As it stands, I think MK has much more to offer, particularly for the young ones. Aside from Spaceship Earth, I could take or leave what Future World has become.

How do you make it through Epcot in half a day?

When my kids were the ages of the OP Kids we would spend 3/4 of a day at Epcot. We would finish FW in 1/2 day and then we would do WS because my XH and i wanted to do it. We would only do a few hours in the WS because the kids would get bored.

Now we spend more time there and enjoy it. I have 2 1/2 days next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter