2 adults 2 kids (9&7) BWV or BLT

DoryDorito

Mouseketeer
Which resort area has more to do as we aren't planning on parks every day of the week? We are going in January.

I love both the appeal of being on the monorail line as I do being in the Boardwalk area. Help! I'm so indecisive.

I do know that availability will likely make the decision for me. I'll be happy with either. :)

I know many are not a fan of the split stay, but I actually enjoy staying at two different resorts. In fact, we'll be staying at BLT and BWV in July. :)
I've stayed at BWV many times, but this will be my first at BLT. I love the fact that we will be able to walk to 3 out of the 4 parks!

Between the 2 resorts, I would probably vote for BWV at this time, though I might change my mind after staying at BLT! At BWV, you have the two parks within walking distance, the evening activities on the Boardwalk, and mini-golf nearby. You have the community house, though it looks as if BLT has one too.

Good luck with your decision and have a great trip!

I'd lean towards BLT. I am not a fan of that resort. You're right on the monorail and can hop over to Poly and GF, or short boat ride to WL. There's quite a bit to see and activities going on during the day. Plus if you wanted to visit other resorts, you can walk over to the MK bus stop. AKV is a great place to visit for non-park days. We're planning to check out the AoA on our next trip. And you get the water pageant after MK fireworks.

Most of the Boardwalk activities are in the evenings. During the day they have similar activities as other DVC resorts (pool party, games, camp fire, movie). One plus is the mini golf close by.

I'm a big fan of split stay as well.

Edited to add: I think WL has the jr wilderness explorer thing. Your kids may like that. There's also a tour you can do for free? Poly may not have much due to construction.

We like both and usually do as others say--split stay while we are there and stay a few nights at BWV and then a few at BLT and plan around it. When I book a studio, I actually double book one night--the change night...so I am never without a room since we don't have to rush out by 11:00.

Both have things you can do when not at the parks--it would depend on what you want to be able to do.

At BWV, we have riden the bikes, watched the performers at night, and just spent time at the pool or walked around the lake with an ice cream.

At BLT, we have taken the boat that goes around the lake--the one that stops at VWL and FW--for fun..taken it at night to FW for the sing a long...and ridden the monorail to the other resorts and let the kids spend time in the different aracades (of course, we have an adult version of the monorail visits too!!!)--although I just read today that the one at Poly is now closed...

To be honest, I don't think you can go wrong with either!

What size Villa would you get?

The 1BR units at BLT have that extra bathroom. So the days you are heading to the parks (or coming back from the parks and trying to clean up before a dinner reservation) that extra bathroom could come in handy.

I also think BLT has an edge when it comes to quick service - even though BWV has the Boardwalk itself with plenty of places to grab a quick bite, it's a question of finding a place to eat once you've got it. On a rainy or excessively humid day, you might find it more convenient to go to a bona fide indoor counter service facility like Contempo Cafe.

Other than that, not only do both resorts have great facilities and walking distance to at least one park, they also have easy access to OTHER resorts with the amenities and restaurants under their roofs. BWV you're within walking distance of Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin; BLT/Cont. gives you monorail access to Poly & GF, boat access to WL & FW.

I have only stayed at BLT twice, but that my choice. You see the MK from the resort....watch the monorail goes by.....Chef Mickeys next door......beautiful lake setting with the Electric water parade...

Walk to MK....watch fireworks from TOWL....monorail to two other resorts plus TTC....boat ride to WL...

I think. I would BWV for older kids....but my one son, 16 is not fond of Clowns...so we will never stay there with him....that pool would freak him out.:)

Oh....two bathrooms....also CR/BLT is a great resort complex....3 pools....two splash areas....

Good luck with your decision.....:flower3:

What size Villa would you get? The 1BR units at BLT have that extra bathroom. So the days you are heading to the parks (or coming back from the parks and trying to clean up before a dinner reservation) that extra bathroom could come in handy. I also think BLT has an edge when it comes to quick service - even though BWV has the Boardwalk itself with plenty of places to grab a quick bite, it's a question of finding a place to eat once you've got it. On a rainy or excessively humid day, you might find it more convenient to go to a bona fide indoor counter service facility like Contempo Cafe. Other than that, not only do both resorts have great facilities and walking distance to at least one park, they also have easy access to OTHER resorts with the amenities and restaurants under their roofs. BWV you're within walking distance of Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin; BLT/Cont. gives you monorail access to Poly & GF, boat access to WL & FW.

We would do a 1 bedroom at BLT or a 2 bedroom at BWV. This depends on availability, of course.

Truth is, I know we won't go wrong Even if we can't get anything other than AKV (Kidani, 1 bedroom savannah view) is what we have now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter