1st trip!

Momof2boys75

Earning My Ears
I just made reservations for our first Disney trip. It is just me and my 2 sons. 14 and 4. I am nervous about such a huge vacation but the reality is it's just us 3 and we always go places just us anyway. My 14 year old is go with the flow laid back. My 4 yr old is full speed ahead at all times. We are staying 5 nights at Pop Century. Also we are driving down from SC. I am excited though to enjoy the magic of Disney finally. Wish me luck!

You will have a great time! You can let the older one take advantage of single rider lines where possible for the few rides that the 4yo is too short for.

While at Pop, be sure to walk across the lake to visit Art of Animation. The Cars characters were a big hit with my 3yo.

I just made reservations for our first Disney trip. It is just me and my 2 sons. 14 and 4. I am nervous about such a huge vacation but the reality is it's just us 3 and we always go places just us anyway. My 14 year old is go with the flow laid back. My 4 yr old is full speed ahead at all times. We are staying 5 nights at Pop Century. Also we are driving down from SC. I am excited though to enjoy the magic of Disney finally. Wish me luck!

This is so great! What an exciting time for your family! Enjoy the ride!!!!!

Good luck! I just returned from our first Disney World trip with my four year old daughter, just the two of us. I was nervous because she is very active and strong-willed. It was an awesome vacation for us. Best advice I read on the DIS was to let the kids set the pace. I know that will be a challenge with a 14 and 4 year old but the 14 year old is capable of understanding things a little more than a four year old. It will help he's laid back.

Hi! I'm going at the end of this month and I have a big gap between my kids too--they are 15 and 6. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Despite what my avi says it's just me and the two kids now and I'm nervous for our first trip as a smaller family unit. My mom is going with us though.

I think it will be fine. You guys are used to doing things together, it will just be one new experience. I will be taking my son in April for the 1st time alone and I am pretty nervous about it. He is going to be 15 but has autism and epilepsy. I am hoping it is a good way to reconnect as he is becoming more distant and more teen like everyday. I miss the little boy who actually liked me...

Pop Century is great! I went to Disney last month with my own full speed ahead 4 year old. We had an absolutely wonderful trip. Make sure to go see talking Mickey at the town square theater. I think he will be going away soon. My daughter lit up when Mickey started talking to her. She asks to see the video of it multiple times a day now. Have a wonderful trip!

You'll have all the fun. Disney is THE BEST for single parents because they make everything so easy. Not to mention other guest are so filled with pixie dust that they are always jumping into help when they see someone in need. It really is pretty magical.

almost forgot to check in and let you know how the trip went. It was awesome! The kids and I had fun, my 6 year old loved Pop Century and wanted pictures with all the decade numbers. The Hippy-dippy pool was great, we never visited the computer pool because we were staying in the 50s and it was kind of far to walk to swim in the evening, the bowling pool in the 50s was closed for refurbishment, we had to walk past that mess every day. The kids did great with compromising on rides and there were plenty of family rides to keep us together. It's hard not to fall under the spell of the Disney magic. Just to warn you, my kids loved Animal Kingdom, especially Pandora, and we ended up spending one of our extra days there which I did not anticipate so I didn't get fastpasses for a second day there and I regret that because even though crowds weren't too bad when we went the lines for the Pandora rides were upwards of 90 minutes.

Glad that you had a great trip! I love pop too. We didn't go to Animal Kingdom on our last trip. The previous year, I called AK the $200 sandbox because my daughter only liked the giant sandbox there. I'll have to give it another try on our next trip. What specifically did the 6 year old like there?

Glad that you had a great trip! I love pop too. We didn't go to Animal Kingdom on our last trip. The previous year, I called AK the $200 sandbox because my daughter only liked the giant sandbox there. I'll have to give it another try on our next trip. What specifically did the 6 year old like there?
Lol, the giant sandbox was a big draw for her :) but she loves animals, especially birds, so we caught the end of the bird show in the morning, she really enjoyed the aviary on the tiger trail (whatever it's called). Also, she was really into the Wilderness Explorers badges, she wanted to get them all! Although she has never seen Avatar she was fascinated by Pandora and the River Ride, though that might have been because her older brother was so into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!