1st time Newport Bay or Hotel Santa Fe

parith1114

DIS Veteran
My family and I are traveling to Germany, then on to Paris in mid December. We are trying to decide which hotel best fits our needs. It's my husband, myself, and our four adult children (23,22,21,and 19). We are thinking two rooms, but unsure which hotel. We are planning on spending one and half days in the parks, and a full day in Paris. Would it be better to do two nights at Disneyland and one in the city? Or is it reasonable to assume we could tour Paris and still stay here? All suggestions appreciated.

I did a multigeneration trip to Disneyland Paris in October 2023. We stayed at Santa Fe and you can read my room review with photos here https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...s-app-and-premier-pass.3933288/#post-65128516

Santa Fe is the budget hotel, with Cars themeing
Newport Bay is mid level hotel with a country club theme.

One thing to note is room configurations.
In Hotel Santa Fe the rooms have 2 double beds OR 1 double bed and 1 bunk bed.
In Newport Bay the majority of the rooms have 2 double beds and they also have a limited amount of family rooms which have 2 Double Beds and 1 Sofa Bed

When you book a hotel and park ticket package direct with Disney, either through the website or with a travel agent, you will get park hopper tickets for arrival day, departure day and all days in between.

While Disneyland and Paris are easy to travel between using the direct train, most people stay at the location which is higher priority. If your main priority is a parks visit with a small bit of Paris, use Disneyland as a base. If your main priority is Paris with a small bit of Disney, then use Paris as a base.

With 4 adults, definitely do 2 rooms. Even when you just sleep there. One small(ish) bathroom will need a lot of coordination in the morning and evening.

My question with hotels is always: do you plan to just sleep/shower, or spend time in the room or at the hotel as well? If you are in the parks all day, do you need a slightly bigger hotel room?

I love New Port Bay, but it is often overpriced. So unless you can get a decent rate, I would always choose Santa Fe. And choose a room close to the river (building 14 is closest to the parks).

What is the goal if the visit, is Paris the city the main thing to see or is it Disney? And what is the plan for after your visit?

If you need to go back to the airport, I would probably choose to stay in Disneyland as it easier to get back to the airport.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest