1st time dining ! Need advice!

Yes! By eating lunch earlier you avoid crowds. I've heard for dinner, it should be later and not earlier. Avoiding 6 - 6:30 pm times. We've never done the dining plan. My husband and I don't "watch" what we spend on food/dining on vacation. It's the one time we "splurge" a little. I found as my husband and I get older, we don't each as much. For our next trip I only made ADR's for dinner. I plan on eating lighter for lunch (or else just snack thru it..yum!). Many times I split with my daughter who doesn't eat all that much either.
I snack a lot. Sweets, a few salty snacks and soda. If I cut that out, I would be better off. I plan to eat light due to the weather and my health. In the summers I don't eat much. Too much heat and food I get nauseous and sluggish. I will be splurging on the food because this is Disney World and if not now, when will I get the chance to? I managed to get seats at 'Ohana! Was up last night and a table came up! I got a few good places and I'm ready to go.

We eat breakfast in the room before leaving for the day. I usually bring the small individual boxes of cereals & buy milk in the gift shop.
We eat at less expensive places ie Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang puck express, via Napoli for pizza. For a sit down, the Plaza. I also asked DH, DD & DS to tell me their favorite/ most important TS place and so we have ADRs at just those 3 places. I tried bringing waters (in a small cooler bag) & honestly it was really heavy to carry around & didn’t find it to be worth it.
Cosmic Rays has ice water off to the side in a pitcher - don’t even need to get in food line to ask for it.
We still get snacks (Dole whips & Mickey bars) because we look forward to those!:mickeybar

We often schedule a nice lunch around our midday break and focus on snacks in the evening. We always carry water - look for bags or small backpacks with water holders. Lots of QS meals can be shared - and some snacks too. A couple of nights we leave the parks after we are out of FPs and eat dinner at a resort TS. If we are pooped or not too hungry it might just be apps, desert and drinks.

I'm not a breakfast person, and I make lunch my main meal and it's more than likely a TS restaurant. I also go back to the hotel/pool to relax in the afternoon, and return to the parks at night. Evenings are usually appetizers/snacks and beverages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter