1st time Concierge

TNewman1024

Earning My Ears
We just upgraded our Jan17 5day on the magic to Concierge 03A room.

What type of perks does this included and what is included as Concierge level. Note we are doing a B2B Jan13 in #7560 then upgraded with offer from DCL to #8524 for the second leg.

Maybe we can get a Cabana now?

Just asking we are Gold Castaway Members and will be Platinum after these B2B
I have heard there are lots of perks to help with planning and so on...but not sure how to use the bonus perks

Any help would be great. If something is included as a concierge perk and we don't use it then its kind of a waste right?

Typically, the concierge perks in regard to the cabanas (or really anything for planning) is having the ability to request the cabanas (or dining or on-board activities) before other passengers at 125 days before embarkation (I just did this last night for a May cruise). You should check to see if there is a Cabana available under the cruise plans for your Castaway Cay Day for either leg of your B2B. With the # of cancellations, one may pop up.

I am not sure how a waiting list would work to get a cabana should it become available--as in, can it only be done on ship? Do concierge guests get first crack at the Cabana waitlist? Since typically first onboard, that would give a concierge guest a leg up on any requests/waitlists on embarkation day. I hope you can snag one. We love our Castaway Cay cabana time, and it is officially my happy place. For us, the experience is worth the cost (but still makes me cringe a little).

I hope that shoreside concierge reaches out to you soon so that you can express your cabana interest!

You should contact shoreside concierge and ask if a cabana is available, If not, they can put you on a wait list and concierge will get priority for the next available cabana should it open up.

If you are not able to book other activities online, talk to them about those also. They sometimes can get you in or can put you on a wait list. I've done this for tastings in the past with good success.

As far as on-board perks, the lounge will be open all day with food and non-alcoholic beverages. There is open bar from 5 to 10 every night. On the Dream and Fantasy they also have a cocktail cart that comes around, but not sure if the classic ships are doing that since the concierge cabins are spread out.

We did concierge for the first time in Sept, on the Dream. It was fantastic! The perks actually start before the cruise with the earlier availability of bookings. We emailed our options, but I think there is also a phone number you can call. With the CoVID restrictions, passengers are limited to when they can enter the terminal; no early admittance. Not with concierge. We were let in right away and directed to a separate check-in line. You also take your pre-boarding photo in front of the ship cut-out, away from the masses. Once on board, lunch was in the Royal Palace, exclusively for concierge guests. In addition to the aforementioned lounge (which has very good food options, btw), there is a private deck area with your own hot tub and complimentary sunscreen. We also had a reserved area to watch the fireworks. We have always had good luck with staff on board DCL, but concierge level is exemplary. They were even able to help me cancel a seminar after the typical cut off time, without incurring the cost. But one of the best perks was on disembarkation day. There was an incredible line for breakfast at our assigned restaurant. We took one look, and headed back upstairs to the CL. There were no eggs and pancakes, but the food was good, there was no wait, and NO CROWDS. We have half joked since that trip, that instead of our typical cruise a year we were averaging, we should just skip a few years and save up for concierge again.

In addition to above comments, concierge level seems to allow you to get on and off the boat easier at ports.

Thanks for the advice

Spoke to Onshore they helped with a couple of things, very attentive, willing to help out with fixing a couple of issues with the 1st leg Non Concierge leg also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter