1st DVC booking as an owner! Questions?

weswife

DIS Veteran
Hello!

We are finally owners! We plan to visit in Sept. We booked at our home resort BWV! We need a roll in shower for DD so we decided we should book early. We are a family of 5 plus 1 friend. We booked a 2 bedroom. We plan to stay 1 week, the night of the 17th was not available. This is a Thurs. night. I decided to waitlist, I did go ahead and book the other nights. Now I am wondering if I did the right thing???I understand I had to borrow points from our next year to complete the trip. This is no problem. We also plan to take a cruise on this vacation! I also wonder if its possible to switch to BLT at 7 months out. We stayed at BLT this year and it was great! We like that my DS could sleep in the sleeper chair, we stayed in a 1bedroom as we were a family of 4. The only reason I am considering BLT is for the chair. We would have our room. The older girls would have a room and the younger kids ( DS sleep on the chair and DD on the pullout) Thoughts or suggestions? :goodvibes

Another question....

I noticed the description states the room will accomodate a 9th guest with own linens. Does this mean they have a sleeper chair in the 2 bedrooms? I am looking for 4 separate sleep options, so the kids will not have to share a bed. :)

Hello! We are finally owners! We plan to visit in Sept. We booked at our home resort BWV! We need a roll in shower for DD so we decided we should book early. We are a family of 5 plus 1 friend. We booked a 2 bedroom. We plan to stay 1 week, the night of the 17th was not available. This is a Thurs. night. I decided to waitlist, I did go ahead and book the other nights. Now I am wondering if I did the right thing???I understand I had to borrow points from our next year to complete the trip. This is no problem. We also plan to take a cruise on this vacation! I also wonder if its possible to switch to BLT at 7 months out. We stayed at BLT this year and it was great! We like that my DS could sleep in the sleeper chair, we stayed in a 1bedroom as we were a family of 4. The only reason I am considering BLT is for the chair. We would have our room. The older girls would have a room and the younger kids ( DS sleep on the chair and DD on the pullout) Thoughts or suggestions? :goodvibes

Congrats on the new purchase, I'm a new owner taking my first DVC trip next September as well. From reading these boards you should have a decent chance at a BLT lakeview 1BR. 2BR seems to book up first, you've got access to the resort availability tool so you can at least see the trends. Also, it's 273 points for a 2BR at BLT in September, how does that compare to BWV.

Congrats to you too!

220 points for a 2 bedroom with a standard view. We purchased 150 points and it came with 21 points for 2014. I am wanting to add points already... :rotfl:

Another question....

I noticed the description states the room will accomodate a 9th guest with own linens. Does this mean they have a sleeper chair in the 2 bedrooms? I am looking for 4 separate sleep options, so the kids will not have to share a bed. :)

No this means that they will register a 9th guest in the room and you must provide towels, linens, and the bed for them. Basically it just allows you to put an extra in the room with nothing for them in the rooms- it should really read you provide the bedding, towels, and linens. Since their is an occupancy thread this one may be closed at some point and added to that thread.

Only GFV, BLT, OKW, VWL, and AKL(not value rooms) have the extra sleeping space (sometimes the chair and sometimes a pulldown bed).

Another question.... I noticed the description states the room will accomodate a 9th guest with own linens. Does this mean they have a sleeper chair in the 2 bedrooms? I am looking for 4 separate sleep options, so the kids will not have to share a bed. :)

No. That means the ninth guest sleeps on the floor (or sleeping bag/air mattress) at BWV.

For two bedrooms that actually provide bedding for nine, you will need to book AKV non-value, BLT, VGF, OKW, or a VWL lock-off two bedroom. All other resort two-bedroom rooms actually only have bedding off of the floor for eight.

Thanks for the replies.

We are only a family of 5 plus 1 friend so a total of 6. So total room occupancy is not the issue, just looking for 4 seperate beds.

Sorry for posting the 2nd question here.

Thanks again! :)

Thanks for the replies. We are only a family of 5 plus 1 friend so a total of 6. So total room occupancy is not the issue, just looking for 4 seperate beds. Sorry for posting the 2nd question here. Thanks again! :)

Ah. Every option for a 2BR at every resort has four separate beds, when you include the sleeper conversions: sofa/chair/wall. None has four "actual" (non fold-away) beds in a two bedroom.

But rest assured that DVC fold-aways usually seem to be much more comfortable than what one might have at home. Disney knows these fold-aways are used very frequently, and their comfort/durability is appropriate for that use.

Ah. Every option for a 2BR at every resort has four separate beds, when you include the sleeper conversions: sofa/chair/wall. None has four "actual" (non fold-away) beds in a two bedroom. But rest assured that DVC fold-aways usually seem to be much more comfortable than what one might have at home. Disney knows these fold-aways are used very frequently, and their comfort/durability is appropriate for that use.

Also would add that none of the 1BR units have 4 actual beds.

Yes, I know about the 1 bedroom, not having 4 actual beds. We have stayed there in the past. My older DD is bringing a friend so they may have to share a bed. DD # 2 will have her own bed and DS will have his own. The 2 bedroom will work great for us. DD # 1 is really excited as she has not went the last few years! We LOVE BW! :goodvibes

Congrats to you too!

220 points for a 2 bedroom with a standard view. We purchased 150 points and it came with 21 points for 2014. I am wanting to add points already... :rotfl:

If you already have a standard view 2 bedroom booked at BWV (with sept 17th waitlisted), I would not give that up. It is your best use of points! Chances are good for that one night to come through. You are already having to borrow points. You don't really want to borrow more. You will need them for your next trip.:)
That will also be the first weekend of food & wine, so Epcot resorts really sell out. If you let it go, you won't be able to get it back. And who knows if you will ever be able to get it again.:confused3:lmao: BCV & BWV are near impossible for non-owners to get from start of food & wine until after New Years.

Have a great trip!:goodvibes

:goodvibes Thanks!!! I do hope we get the 1 night we need! I did not know FW would be starting! WOW!!!!! that is great! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter