1980s Rv Park Question

lovebug33

DIS Veteran
My parents have told me that there was an RV park right across the street from Disneyland. They said we could walk back and eat at lunch and at dinner. This would have been the early 80's. Is this true or is this my parents losing their memories? :rotfl2:

My parents have told me that there was an RV park right across the street from Disneyland. They said we could walk back and eat at lunch and at dinner. This would have been the early 80's. Is this true or is this my parents losing their memories? :rotfl2:

Right across the street? No. There is a HoJo and Denny's if I recall correctly.

There are some RV parks that are right across the freeway. We are staying at the Anaheim Resort RV, it is about a mile away via the walking route, on the other side of the freeway. I believe there are 1 or 2 more in that area.

lovebug33 said:

I want to say yes there was, around the age of 7, circa 1982 I remember going to our family friends RV for a break from the park and having Campbell soup and a nap...

It looks like it did exist :)

From yesterland.com:

Vacationland
S. West Street, Anaheim
Overnighters are welcome at Vacationland, the RV park of the Disneyland Hotel.

Vacationland became Disneys Vacationland when The Walt Disney Company acquired the Wrather Corporation in 1988 to obtain ownership of the Disneyland Hotel. Disneys Vacationland lasted until early 1997 when it fell to the Disneyland Resort expansion. West Street is now called Disneyland Drive. The tram stop for the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure in now located on the site on Vacationland.

There's a picture here: http://www.yesterland.com/otherlands.html

I was born and raised a few miles from DLR. The RV park your Mom is referring to was located on the other side of the park (not Harbor Blvd). It was in the area of the M&F Parking structure.

In those days, if I remember correctly, the parking lot reached West Blvd, and you could take the tram to the Disneyland Hotel from Disneyland. To the north of Disneyland was the Disneyland RV park and the KOA Kampground. When Disneyland was getting ready to tear these RV parks down in preparation of the expansion, the protests made the news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter