• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11 month booking at VWL

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
I have never been to the Wilderness Lodge or the VWL. I have seen pictures and so forth, but never in person. I am thinking of doing a small add-on there to get the 11 month booking advantage for christmas. Am I crazy? I think I must be off my gourd? But I did buy BWV sight unseen, so, I guess I am a bit of a nut.

If I plan on going the week before Christmas, do I really need the 11 month booking advantage? I love Christmas at Disney, does the VWL make the trip? I stayed at OKW last Christmas.

IMHO, yes you need the 11 month advantage to book VWL the week before Christmas on a consistent basis. If you are willing to use the waitlist, or trade for that time without purchasing your own points. Since you are already a member, my advice is to try it out before you buy.

Why not try to book it at the 7 month window for your next trip? If the process is too frustrating, then consider buying. If it were me, I'd try to look it over or even better, actually stay there at least once before I buy. An add on at a second resort is a commitment - to me it would be better to know I really needed the 11 month window before I bought. Otherwise, I'd just buy my same home resort and use year. Easier to manage and track. JMHO. YMMV.

Best wishes -

Thanks for your advice. I feel pretty nuts, I want points at HH also, to book there for the summer...Other than HH and VWL, BCV can be difficult, but, since I have the 11 month advantage at BWV that is not that important since I can book there for the F&W. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter