100 pounds to WDW!!! (comments welcome!!)

Well I did much better this week but still lots of room for improvement. I weighed myself today and it was down to 188.6! I was so happy to see 180s again! I hope it wasn't a fluke and stays that way through the weekend for my 'official' weigh in. :lmao:

I think my biggest difference is my morning exercises. I took them off last week because I was so sore and because there was stuff from our room in the hall where I usually do them (lame excuse I know). Anyway, I honestly do not think I ate any less than last week if anything I ate more. I tend to only eat 2x a day when I am home but I eat 3 meals a day when I work with snacks. Also it was raining all week so Ginger only got 2 maybe 3 walks tops. She got more walks last week even though she didnt get a daily one most days. But the only thing that I really didn't do at all last week that I did this week everyday was my morning planks, floor exercises and weights. :) I think it really revs my metabolism or gets my muscles burning calories early. I don't know. I just know its good motivation to keep doing it. :goodvibes

Meanwhile speaking of food...I think DH are NOT going to do a dining plan this year when/if we go. We were thinking we might not anyway but I was hoping for free dining so I was going to go ahead and make some ADRs. However one of the main ones we wanted, CRT, requires prepayment! So I have to pay $150 for a meal I may have in December IF we reach our goal and I can get off work and we can still go. Granted if I cancel before 24 hrs in advance I will get my money back but still. Ugh. :P I don't ever think I spent that much on a meal anyway... Also I couldn't even get a reservation for the date I really wanted. Originally i was going to do either a late night Monday because there are EMH or Tuesday is our MVMCP day so an early dinner that night. However, Only times left on Monday (as of yesterday) were 345 and 845, both are a little too early or late. NOTHING was available for Tuesday. I really think they gave out a TON of free dining pins so everything is booked. :P Also DH and I didnt like being tied to ADRs last time anyway so I think we should try a trip with either NO ADRs or only ONE ADR. I am going to try to get an ADR for Le Cellier for Thursday or Friday this weekend but if we don't get it, so be it. The only other thing I am going to try for is a CP dining package whenever those come out. I hope at least with those I will be on equal footing with everyone else on getting a reservation for those, unlike now when everyone who already has a package reservation has a 10 day lead time on me. :P Though honestly I like the idea of not having any ADRs. I've been reading reviews on all the QS places and alot of the food looks really good. Each park has at least one place I am really excited about and a dozen more DH would love. Also I just want snacks anyway. I want pretzels, ice cream, cookies, cupcakes and yummy things like that! Merry Christmas to ME! :cool1:

On another note with my new job I am wondering how far in advance I should request the time off. On one hand I feel like I shouldn't be asking for time off so soon after I got the job especially since I just took a week off, but on the other hand I am making all these plans I would hate to not be able to go or have to change my dates. I am thinking I will request it off when I make my official reservation. I like my new job but I guess I am being overly cautious because its really my first 'real' job. I've had lots of other jobs and even other ones within this company but I was always 'hourly salary' meaning I still had to fill out timesheets and have my boss sign off. Now I'm salary. I know 8 hrs a day is definite but so many other people up there (including the dude i am replacing) works way more than that. Right now I don't have enough work to be working that long of hours and I constantly ask for more to do but even then... Honesetly I dont know what that guy does with all that time. he comes in at 630am and doesn't leave til 430 and I am doing probably half his work (i would think). Plus I am still doing alot for my other job. When I work later now its because I'm like 'oh crap i should do some stuff for maintenance' lol Anyway, I guess I just have to figure it out. I need to ask my boss I guess I just feel he will say 'as long as the work gets done I don't care' that seems to be his answer for everything I've asked him thus far. I am losing my 'assistant' which makes no sense but i guess the higher ups think me and the other new girl are going to 'raise the bar' and we won't need an 'assistant' even though the assistant does stuff we won't have time for like filing...i hate filing. lol

Okay enough rambling for now...

Hope everyone is doing well.

Weigh in today at 188.0 today!! I stepped on 3x to be sure. Usually I weigh in Sunday too and take the lowest weight :rotfl2: but I want to go around and change all my websites so I will just take the 188.

16 lbs til goal!

First off, I am here Rooting you on! You CAN do it. Look at it like you are MELTING the excess weight off, if you look at it as Losing weight, you can always find what you lost where as if something is melted like a candle you can not get it back. That's what my mom said. Hehehe.

I too have to lose weight. My last trip was last year at age 26. I am over weight and have to lose a few lbs too. My feet/legs were hurting and falling a few at the hotel didn't help either. Eeek.

Anyway... I wish you all the best.

First off, I am here Rooting you on! You CAN do it. Look at it like you are MELTING the excess weight off, if you look at it as Losing weight, you can always find what you lost where as if something is melted like a candle you can not get it back. That's what my mom said. Hehehe.

I too have to lose weight. My last trip was last year at age 26. I am over weight and have to lose a few lbs too. My feet/legs were hurting and falling a few at the hotel didn't help either. Eeek.

Anyway... I wish you all the best.

I love your melting reference! Definitely a good analogy!

I can't wait til Disney, but I was so sore last time I am really hoping I am in better shape this next time!

Good luck on your weight loss as well! Do you have a Wish journal too?

DH weighed in today at 304!!!! That means he is a mere 4 lbs to his goal! :woohoo:

I weighed again today at 187.8 but I am going to just keep the 188 for this week's weigh in.

That means I am 16 lbs to goal and he is 4 lbs to goal so that means we are a mere 20 to go out of 100!!!! I am so proud of us!!! :cool1:

DH weighed in today at 304!!!! That means he is a mere 4 lbs to his goal! :woohoo:

I weighed again today at 187.8 but I am going to just keep the 188 for this week's weigh in.

That means I am 16 lbs to goal and he is 4 lbs to goal so that means we are a mere 20 to go out of 100!!!! I am so proud of us!!! :cool1:

Congrats to you both. This is my first time seeing this thread. My husband and I have been loosing weight too. For our trip in April we had each lost 20 pounds. I had lost 40 prior to that without any company. And I have since lost another 8. I started out last year at 236lbs and am down to 168 so that's a total of 68 pounds in the last year. It's been a struggle, but so worth it. I have 28 more to go.

Congrats to you both. This is my first time seeing this thread. My husband and I have been loosing weight too. For our trip in April we had each lost 20 pounds. I had lost 40 prior to that without any company. And I have since lost another 8. I started out last year at 236lbs and am down to 168 so that's a total of 68 pounds in the last year. It's been a struggle, but so worth it. I have 28 more to go.
Wow! Congrats Lemonademouth!!! Very inspirational for me since my highest weight is 240 but that was a few years ago. I was on my way back there again but stopped. My goal of 172 would just take me out of the obese range. At that point I may aim at a 'healthy weight' goal but honestly since i've never been able to get down that low I will be happy to just be forever out of the obese range. :)

As for me this week I was a little worried. DH and I went to see Man of Steel at the early showing on Thursday and we had popcorn for dinner but it was really bad for some reason so I was still hungry and we stopped for a burger after. :P But I did work out everyday! We even took the dog for her walk before heading to the movie (which we got to over an hr early so we would have a good choice of seats).

But today I weighed in at.....drum roll please....

186.6 :woohoo:

I also did monthly measurements and I am down EVERYWHERE!!

1.25 off waist
.75 off hips and bust
.5 off ribcage, thighs AND UPPER ARMS!! :cool1:
.25 off neck

Woot!! That makes up for last month everything staying pretty much the same even though I am only down 3.4 lbs lower than last month.

DH says he's not weighing in today. :P So not sure how he is doing but he only has 4 lbs left.

I now only have 14!!!!

I only lost .4 lbs this week but I had my period Monday - Friday so I wasn't expecting a loss and actually was going to skip weighing in all together. But my curiosity got the best of me and I weighed myself today and got 186.2. :cool1:

I will take it. I am not losing a pound a week like I wanted but I am still losing. I probably need to kick up the exercise. If I can get back to a pound a week I will still meet goal in September.

14 lbs to go still... (or even just 13.3 because if its 172.9 I am taking it as goal..lol)

lol Thanks Minnie! I've actually had popcorn recently too and still drink diet coke. Probably too much.

I honestly think I'm not doing 'enough' mainly because I don't feel like i'm depriving myself. I guess that's a good thing.

Here's hoping this is a long term lifestyle change!

I love this, I went back and read all the older threads and what you are/have done is awesome! It can be so hard to lose weight but having a goal like Disney sure can help make it easier. :goodvibes:

Right now I want to be down 12 lbs before Dec, this may not seem like a lot but my body does not like losing weight!

You and your husband are so motivating for me. I hope you are able to start to plan your Dec trip soon.:santa: (And by the looks of it you will be able to!)

I love this, I went back and read all the older threads and what you are/have done is awesome! It can be so hard to lose weight but having a goal like Disney sure can help make it easier. :goodvibes:

Right now I want to be down 12 lbs before Dec, this may not seem like a lot but my body does not like losing weight!

You and your husband are so motivating for me. I hope you are able to start to plan your Dec trip soon.:santa: (And by the looks of it you will be able to!)

Thanks!! I am already planning...lol I just wont let myself make a reservation yet (though I might when specials come out and promise myself that i will cancel if i dont make my goal). I know something like Disney is a good tangible motivator but I know long term I have to keep up with everything. So far it is really helping though. "do i want a second helping of x or do I want to go to Disney???' :rotfl: Good luck with your 12 lbs by December! You can do it! That is a totally doable goal. I gave myself a YEAR to lose 50 lbs. That's much better than saying you want to lose 12 lbs in a month and then failing and getting mad at yourself and giving up. So good job picking an attainable goal. You can do it!!!

Meanwhile...I have NEWS!!!!! DH weighed in on MONDAY and he is down to 299!!!!!!!!!!!! So he made goal!! :woohoo: :yay: :cool1:

Go hubby! So now I just have my last 14 to go!!! :dance3:

I'm finding this very inspirational! :goodvibes. I'm looking for some inspiration!!! Keep up the great job :thumbsup2!

No weight loss this week but I am currently wearing size 12 jean shorts! :) I thought I'd try them on to 'see how I was doing' and surprisingly they fit. Not only do they fit but they aren't tight at all and are comfy. I am hanging on the couch with them on now. :thumbsup2

No weight loss this week but I am currently wearing size 12 jean shorts! :) I thought I'd try them on to 'see how I was doing' and surprisingly they fit. Not only do they fit but they aren't tight at all and are comfy. I am hanging on the couch with them on now. :thumbsup2

That is awesome!! You go girl :banana: The thing about weight loss it is harder for us girls to lose weight compared to our husbands, so far my hubby has lost about 7 lbs and I have stayed at my current weight. But size 12!! Thats smaller than the average american women (which is a 14). Congrats :dance3:

That is awesome!! You go girl :banana: The thing about weight loss it is harder for us girls to lose weight compared to our husbands, so far my hubby has lost about 7 lbs and I have stayed at my current weight. But size 12!! Thats smaller than the average american women (which is a 14). Congrats :dance3:

Thanks!!! :goodvibes I was thinking average woman was a size 12 bc I was thinking 'Yay! I am average! 5'4" and a size 12" :lmao: Being below average is even better!

Meanwhile I only have one other pair of 12s. They are a pair of what looks like brand new Levis. I honestly dont think I ever wore them bc they were too small. I have a bunch of 10s and a bunch of 14s and 16s in my closet. So I think I skipped size 12 on the way up. lol I wore my levis the other day to the grocery store. They fit fine but when I sat they felt a little snug in the waist. So I think they were a bit too snug to be wearing. But I remember my 16s feeling like that not too long ago.

I feel like I should put up some progress pictures but since I have no befores really I don't know. My original idea was that WHEN we go to Disney we will get all the same photos and then compare them side by side. :)

Anyway on to good news! I am down to 185.2!!! Woohoo! I am down a pound. Still have a ways to go but I am happy to see it going in the right direction. Not sure what DH is at, he weighs in whenever he feels like it anymore but since he's below his goal at 299 it doesn't really matter. I was kind of worried because we had brats and cookies for the 4th (not just that but those were the worst items). I feared I would be up or at least the same, but to my surprise I am down.

I have some other things I wanted to prattle on about but I am beta testing the game Final Fantasy 14 A realm reborn and it ends tonight so i want to go play! lol So more later...I hope!

I'm still alive! I'm still on plan (sorta). I've just been busy. AF was visiting last weekend so no weigh in. I think I will weigh in this weekend and do measurements. It's been about a month since my last ones.

Meanwhile DH has given me a kick in the rear that I think I needed. I've been talking about Dairy Queen and ice cream way too much (and we even had some last weekend). It's just so hot and I love ice cream. So today...after I mention DQ again, DH asks how much more I have to lose before we go to Disney. He tries to be nice and is like 'what is it? 5 lbs?' I said more like 15...well actually 13 or 12..might be less I haven't weighed in recently. He says since HE already hit his goal and I haven't, IF I don't meet goal that he should just get half the money we would have spent on our trip and buy whatever he wants! I said 'what about all the disney gift cards we have' He said I could keep them as a consolation prize. :P I was driving at the time and DH claims my driving became erratic when he was talking about it. :rotfl: I know he's just trying to motivate me but it made me mad. :headache:

Sooo I guess I better get my butt in gear to lose these last 13 pounds. I hope tomorrow brings a good result. I think it will. I weigh myself sporadically and I've seen 183 some mornings but then others I still see 185. So who knows what it will say tomorrow.

Oh yeah! Almost forgot to mention. We are more than likely moving our trip to the THIRD weekend in December. The only reason we didn't go for that weekend before is because that is the week it starts to get expensive, but turns out that is rumored to be a free dining week and while I know logically it would probably cheaper to NOT be on the dining plan and that its too much food, basically it would cost the same to go the first week of the month at full price as going the third week of the month with free dining. That said going the 3rd week of the month would allow us more time to get home and decompress before I have to go back to work. If we go from December 15-21st drive home 21st and 22nd. 23rd is my Birthday so I always take that day off work, then we have christmas eve and christmas day off at work, so I would return to work on the 26th, refreshed after a long break. :cloud9: Granted if we went the FIRST week of the month we could take our time getting there due to Thanksgiving weekend BUT we would also be contending with Thanksgiving travelers. While our drive back might have some christmas drivers it should be considerably less than thanksgiving weekend (we hope). We also plan to drive around the mountains to avoid bad driving conditions there. I almost had DH talked into flying when they had that crash in California. No flying for me! Regardless I haven't found any great airfare deals anyway. The cheapest I've found is 300-400 each round trip. That makes driving cheaper even though it does take a lot more time. I am still waiting for official release information on the fall specials. If they offer a room discount the first week of the month I may go back to those dates but more than likely we will do free dining the third week or the room discount 3rd week if its really good. We want to do a few 2 credit meals so i'm not sure how i feel about it being 'worth it' or not to use the meal plan but we'll do whatever makes the most sense financially to me....using Disney math :teacher: Because logical regular math would probably tell me to stay home. :sad2:

Okay bedtime!!

Weighed in today at 184!!!!! :cool1:

Okay its not as low as i'd like but its down!

So I officially have 12 pounds to go (or 11.1 because lets face it I'm calling 172.9 meeting my goal)! So 12 lbs in 5 months seems reasonable but since you have to have things paid off 45 days in advance that really only gives me until November 1st (assuming we change our dates to Dec 15 check in). So that gives me 14 weeks. I must continue to lose at least a pound a week with only a 2 week buffer to lose less than that. Seems doable but I haven't been losing at that rate recently. I am only down 2.6 lbs from June 16 (last measurement date) which is 5 weeks ago so that's only a half pound a week.
I know I can be doing more but I've been enjoying the fact that this doesn't feel like a 'diet'.

After I reach my non-obese goal of 172 (actually at 174.9 I will fall out of the obese category but I wanted an even goal), my goal is to maintain it for a year. If I happen to lose more thats great but it won't be my goal. Then if I can maintain it for a year I will think about going for a 'healthy' weight. I know I should probably aim at the healthy weight regardless but since I've only been that for such a short period of time in my life and how hard it was to do as well as my history of yo-yo-ing I think maintaining a weight will be just as hard if not harder than losing it. So if I can maintain this lower weight for a year then that gives me the confidence if I go lower i will be able to maintain that as well. Or I might just have so much confidence at 172 I will decide to stay there. Doctors say people with stable weight is much healthier than yo-yo-ing.

Overall I am definitely feeling more confident and happy about my body. I am wearing the 12s I have with no issues and my 14s still fit but they are starting to look baggy. A regular large is definitely my size and I even have a medium or two that fit fine. :) This is quite the contrast from being 1x and 2x.

One thing I was not expecting is my arm flab. :lmao: As you know I've been using hand weights each morning. My arms are definitely getting stronger. I'm still using 5# weights for most things but I've been doing bicep curls with 8# and with things i do where I am just holding weights. Overall my arms are getting definition, however, I have some loose skin and fat near the top. I have lost 3 inches on each upper arm from start so that is amazing. I just never really had the flappy arms before. My arms were/are big but they were solid so I didn't have that. Now I definitely do. I've been trying to keep them moisturized since I noticed in hopes that it will shrink back. I am also seeing the same sort of thing with my stomach. I am far from a 6 pack but I have a line down the middle to my belly button but below that my lil pooch is starting to look more like loose skin with some fat. So again, I'm trying to stay moisturized. I guess this is another reason to take a year break. Give my skin a chance to shrink down to size a bit.

So measurement result time!

Since 6/16/13 I have lost:
.75" from waist and bust
.5" from ribcage
.25" from hips and each thigh, calf and upper arm!

Neck is the only measurement that did not change, but overall its down 1.5" from start and for a neck. Besides how much smaller should a neck be? It's currently only 13". :confused3

Thanks for reading all of this if you did. :)

Have a magical weekend!! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter