"10/23/2010 Seven Days of Magic Sailing to the Saints Looking for Serenity Now!" 2

Brenda,
glad you're feeling better. Which 10/20/12 cruise are you taking? The Fantasy or the western on the Magic?

Thanks, John. We are doing the Eastern again, but on the Fantasy this time. Truth be told, I think that I would b prefer the Magic. The Dream and the Fantasy just seem like they are just so much larger than the Magic and Wonder.

It is so cool to see this thread continuing.

I have been out of it for a few months. Had a couple of surgerys, spent a week in the hospital and was on 6 weeks of leave.

But doing all right now and looking forward to our Alaskan cruise at the end of August.

Nice to see you back on the boards Brenda!! We had great time meeting you on the cruise. Hopefully we can run into each other on a future cruise. Say to Eric for me. :thumbsup2

Nice to see you back on the boards Brenda!! We had great time meeting you on the cruise. Hopefully we can run into each other on a future cruise. Say to Eric for me. :thumbsup2

Thanks, Dave. I will let him know. I hope that we will run into each other again, too.

Thanks so much John!!! Hope your year is off to a great start as well.

Well the year is more than halfway over. We've got cryer fever fr sure. We kicked around the idea of a cruise this fall, but we really can't afford a 7 night cruise and we just are so interested in one of the shorter cruises. So we're going to hold out for a Fantasy Cruise next year.

In the mean time, to get a Disney fix, we're going to spend Christmas week in WDW at the new Art of Animation resort. We spent a week at Port Orleans Riverside this January and it was an amazing vacation.

Hope you're all doing well. What kind of cruises or Disney trips has everyone taken since the cruise?

JohnO said:
Well the year is more than halfway over. We've got cryer fever fr sure. We kicked around the idea of a cruise this fall, but we really can't afford a 7 night cruise and we just are so interested in one of the shorter cruises. So we're going to hold out for a Fantasy Cruise next year.

In the mean time, to get a Disney fix, we're going to spend Christmas week in WDW at the new Art of Animation resort. We spent a week at Port Orleans Riverside this January and it was an amazing vacation.

Hope you're all doing well. What kind of cruises or Disney trips has everyone taken since the cruise?

Hello there ,

Alan and I are going on the Fantasy on September 22, 2012. We are going there 3 days prior to the cruise and have fun in the parks and we will be staying at the Yacht and Beach Club then we get back from the cruise, we will spend five more days in WDW then head back home. For 2013 we are going to go to Disney's Aulani and later that year, Disneyland. Alan and I haven't been on a cruise since our 2010 DCL cruise.

Alisia

Wow I can't believe it has been almost 2 years since this cruise already!!!
This was our first and from the moment we stepped on board I knew it was not by far the last and I was correct!!!
We were on the Magic in October of last year, on the Fantasy in May of this year, and I am taking my daughter and my bff on a cruise to the California Coast in September :) We are taking our kids in 1 month to Disney World for the very first time!!! Then next year in November we are back on the Fantasy Western for the 2nd time!!!

I sure hope to cruise with some of you fine folks again :) This was one of my best cruises by far!!! :thumbsup2

Yeah, this cruise was without question our best vacation. I'm planning on fall of 2013, likely October / November. And I think I'd like to do the eastern again. Love those days at sea! There surely were some great folks from the DIS on this trip. I too hope to sail again with such nice people.

JohnO said:
Yeah, this cruise was without question our best vacation. I'm planning on fall of 2013, likely October / November. And I think I'd like to do the eastern again. Love those days at sea! There surely were some great folks from the DIS on this trip. I too hope to sail again with such nice people.

I agree with you, the eastern is better but I am out voted. My husband really liked the western caribbean. There were some really nice people on our very last disney cruise. But there was just something about that first cruise and how everyone made us feel. Everyone has us hooked now.....lol

Wow glad to see this thread is still going!!

We have 2 cruises planned, 5 day Canada cruise out of NYC and a 7 day med cruise for next June. Can't wait!!! :woohoo:

Really hope to cruise with all you guys again. Sue and I had so much fun on our 1st ever cruise.

Just got back from Christmas in WDW. What a great trip. It was absolutely amazing to experience WDW during Christmas. We stayed at Coronado Springs. What a beautiful place. The last time we were at CSR was right after the cruise in 2010. Its hard to believe so much time has gone by. Still cant wait to cruise with DCL again! Not sure when our next cruise will be but I have the memories of our great cruise to hold me over. Hope the holidays found you all well.

Regards,
John

Hey John!! It's so good to hear that y'all had such a magical trip!

With the kids being older now, we are finding it more difficult to take them out of school for vacations. We took our first holiday (or any non-off-season) trip this past Thanksgiving. I was prepared to hate it, but we hit rope drop every day and then bailed whenever the crowds got too bad. That allowed us to get lots of Disney fun in as well as lots of quality family time relaxing together. Have to admit that it was probably our best WDW vacation!

But it sure did put us in mind for another cruise! We haven't been back on a boat since our 2010 one. So I booked the Easter week Eastern in 2014 on the Fantasy. We are SO EXCITED!!!! Here's hoping that another AWESOME cruise is in your near future!! ;)

Reedi said:
Hey John!! It's so good to hear that y'all had such a magical trip!

With the kids being older now, we are finding it more difficult to take them out of school for vacations. We took our first holiday (or any non-off-season) trip this past Thanksgiving. I was prepared to hate it, but we hit rope drop every day and then bailed whenever the crowds got too bad. That allowed us to get lots of Disney fun in as well as lots of quality family time relaxing together. Have to admit that it was probably our best WDW vacation!

But it sure did put us in mind for another cruise! We haven't been back on a boat since our 2010 one. So I booked the Easter week Eastern in 2014 on the Fantasy. We are SO EXCITED!!!! Here's hoping that another AWESOME cruise is in your near future!! ;)

We feel the same way about taking our daughter out of school. Shes in high school now (crazy!) and even she is not willing to miss a week of school. The work load is just so much more for her and the make up work would be a tall order.

We definitely prepared ourselves for the huge crowds at Christmas. They were huge indeed, but we managed to have an awesome time. Cant say we'd go back at Christmas though. It was bedlam in the parks. I actually saw a fight in WDW!! Two guys at Epcot just before Illuminations. Im certain it was in part due to how crowded it was.

We've got some things to purchase this year, namely hardwood floors, so a cruise is not possible in 2013. Hopefully some time 2014 as well.

Well we're approaching 5 years since our cruise; "10/23/2010 Seven Days of Magic Sailing to the Saints on the Seven Seas"

We have not yet been on another cruise!! Horrible right? We've been to WDW a few times since. I was checking cruise prices recently and cannot believe how much more expensive they've become.

I just wanted to drop a line and see how everyone has been. This cruise is still, by far, the very best vacation our family has ever had. Hope this message finds you all and finds you well.

John0
I booked the wife and son on the EBPC on the Wonder. My wife realized it leaves on the 23rd of October. So they get another Halloween at sea. It is going to be a mom and son trip to let them have time together before he ships off for the Air Force. We also have a Jan 2nd of '16 cruise booked and a Oct 10th of '16 cruise booked. The 2nd will be our first time on the Fantasy.

Well we're approaching 5 years since our cruise; "10/23/2010 Seven Days of Magic Sailing to the Saints on the Seven Seas"

We have not yet been on another cruise!! Horrible right? We've been to WDW a few times since. I was checking cruise prices recently and cannot believe how much more expensive they've become.

I just wanted to drop a line and see how everyone has been. This cruise is still, by far, the very best vacation our family has ever had. Hope this message finds you all and finds you well.

This was our very first cruise and everyone made it fantastic!!! We have since been on 5 others. Going on number 7 in October to our first 14-night Panama cruise :)
Weird to think it has been almost 5 years!!! Thank you to everyone who made our first trip so wonderful and getting us hooked :)
Happy sailing to everyone!!! :boat: :boat: :boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter