1 wdw splurge?

Splurges we’ve loved 💕:
👍MK garden fireworks party (wouldn’t recommend the seated version👎 you miss out on too much of the projections)
👍Sangria University
👍Tequila Experience
👍MNSSHP (but that was about 10 years ago so maybe it was not as crowded as it is now?)

Splurges we are planning:
💥 SRT fireworks package
💥 F! Fireworks package at HBD
🦁 Savor the Savanna
🌴 Behind the Seeds tour

There are so many fun extras to pick from!

What are you leaning towards OP?

I have treated myself (and the family, but it's mainly for me) to the MK fireworks dessert party a couple of times. Having a place to sit and eat leading up to the fireworks and being able to sit on the ground until just before they begin and then having an uncrowded place to stand and watch is awesome (but only if I don't think too much about the total price!)

Right now I don't think there is anything special for me, other than the MNSSHP. And even those prices combined with the high number of tickets they are selling gives me pause. If I do it's for DS#1 who loves it. (DD & DS#2 did Africa Trek and LOVED IT!) We've done a number and just not sure I'd repeat most.

What I will say if something new pops up and you heart immediately yearns to go, and you would be upset if you didn't if it goes away, do it! We did Club Villain and it was one of the best extras Disney ever created, worth 1000% of the price. I really wish they brought it back seasonally and kept the flex space for all kinds of cool creative extras and events ... not some dumb Cars "thing".

This upcoming trip we are splurging on staying Poly CL for my 50th! MNSSHP is a favorite of mine too. I'm hoping to splurge on after hours events this trip too but the dates haven't opened up yet.

Ooh good question. I feel like I have been on a mission our last few trips to do ALL the things so we have tried a lot. I think this is a very personal question though and kind of depends on what you are looking to get out of it. But here is our short list of what we would do again and wouldn't:

LOVED 😍
- Epcot Fireworks Cruise- we have done this twice and absolutely loved it. Being in the boat was just fun, our "captains" were entertaining, they gave us tons of free drinks and snacks (plus the grownups were allowed to bring on their own alcohol), and at the end of a long day, watching the Epcot fireworks snuggled up on a boat was just really magical.

- Deluxe Resorts- I guess I never thought of this as a splurge, but since a PP mentioned it, we always stay deluxe and for us, it is money well spent. We love the themeing and ambiance, and if you are trying to maximize your rides, the late-night hours for deluxe guests only at MK and Epcot cannot be beat. We especially love the Epcot resort area because being able to walk to 2 parks is SO convenient and that really adds value to our trip.

- Special Dinner at Signature- We recently have done Citricos, California Grill, Topolino's Terrace, Tiffins. All wonderful. Much needed change of pace after the chaos of the parks.

-Cirque Du Soleil at Disney Springs- I would only recommend this if that is your type of thing. But it was something different that was still "Disney" and I loved pairing that with dinner at Disney Springs for a date night.

-MVMCP/MNSSHP- We have done each once and I loved them! They aren't a must-do for every trip, but if you are a big fan of either of those holidays, it is so much fun.

ONE AND DONE 🫤

- Wild Africa Trek- I am glad we did this once, but I don't think we would do this again. Our guides were fantastic, and that was probably the best part. The hippos weren't in the mood to be fed, which is fine (I appreciate that Disney doesn't force anything on the animals to make tourists happy), but without that, I felt like really what we paid for was the suspension bridge and lunch. The part in the truck was very simlar to the regular safari for us. The lunch was good, but besides me, nobody in my party ate everything (one doesn't like seafood, one doesn't like meat, etc.) So while it was a cool experience for someone who has been to WDW many times, I was kind of underwhelmed for the price we paid. By all means, give it a try if you haven't done it yet though! I don't regret it, just wouldn't do again at that price.

- MK After Hours- This was probably more a problem with our party as we had some ticket issues that took up 45 minutes of our "after hours" to get straightened out. It was super cool to be in the park with it so empty, but still, the whole event flew by and we just didn't feel like we got our money's worth. Never enough time I guess! We will stick to staying deluxe and making do with the after hours. I have heard that the DHS one is much better though so YMMV.

-MK Dessert Party- This was 10 years ago so things might be different now, but we were underwhelmed. Usually by the end of the day the last thing I want to do is gorge myself on sweets. You can get a good fireworks view with just a little bit of thought and planning. I would skip this unless they have made it much better!

HAVEN'T DONE BUT WANT TO:scratchin

- Victoria and Alberts- We just got off the Disney Fantasy and LOVED our dinner at Remy, which was created by the head chef at V&A's. It has made me want to go there even more now! This is a total splurge (and on the cruise we spent about $700 on this one dinner), but it is an EXPERIENCE. I felt like royalty. And in contrast to the hustle and bustle of the parks, it was much appreciated. Fingers crossed we make it there someday!

-Jollywood Nights- I started another thread wondering if this is coming back this year. I hope so! I loved the "grown up" feel of this in contrast to MVMCP (which I also love) and just some of the unique offerings. Plus seeing DHS done up at Christmas is so fun!

- Galactic Starcruiser- This one is just wishful thinking! But if they ever bring back a piece of it, I am there!

Big splurge: VIP tour. Done it a few times over the years and it’s amazing. DH now says no to that though since everything else there now costs so much. Little splurge: MK fireworks dessert party. I can’t imagine dealing with having to find a spot with the huge crowds that are always present now. This is something we do every single trip and imo it’s worth the cost.

We’ve been very fortunate to have been able to do quite a bit on the splurge list.

Two things I’ve always wanted to do:

1) VIP tour with a plaid
2) Club 33 at DLR- we looked into membership at one point but it seems almost impossible with the waiting list.

MNSSHP was my splurge of the last couple years. But, I think I might skip this year as it just wasn't as fun as the previous year (idk why, the offerings didn't change, maybe the crowds just zapped some of the fun out of it for me?) and opt for a Fireworks Dessert Party...

I also really liked the "Behind the Seeds" tour at EPCOT. I'm the only gardener in the family, so I went by myself. It was quite inexpensive (at least back then)
That was a good one! Disney's inexpensive tours are underrated. We just did caring for giants for our second time (the 1 hour elephant tour) at AK and it was great, even saw the baby! They also do a rhino one. The elephant tour is $39/person and they do AP discounts on top of that. Can make a nice splurge purchase for anyone wanting to splurge but on a tighter budget!

Our splurge is the resort. We stay at Yacht Club. We love the proximity to two parks and just the overall feel of the resort. I keep telling myself to save money and go elsewhere, but I just can’t help it.

Other than that we really don’t splurge on anything. We eat only a couple table service and mostly do quick service. I’ve thought about the dessert parties but we aren’t real huge into the shows and spending that money just for dessert has kept us away.

I would splurge on the Christmas party if we were ever there in December. We have don’t any after hours parties though since we can get everything done we want in our 6 park days.

If I were to ever go for a shorter trip, I would consider a VIP tour as a splurge. However, at that rate you’re probably better off just extending your trip.

One other splurge I may do eventually (still related to the resort) is a club level stay. It would be worth it I think just for the alcohol for me but no one else in my family drinks.

One other splurge I may do eventually (still related to the resort) is a club level stay. It would be worth it I think just for the alcohol for me but no one else in my family drinks.
I'd never try to talk you out of club level. I'm a fan myself, but as for you saying it would be worth it just for the alcohol, I have to disagree. Club level can cost anywhere from 150- 350 extra for standard size rooms lately versus the same room type non club. There is no way one person is getting that value in alcohol. It's not a full bar situation. There are several types of beer, usually a cider, some relatively modest wines. These are only out from 5-7 in the evening. Any other time you have to request them. Some clubs burst out a bottle of bubbly for breakfast mimosas or during appetizers, but it's like one or two bottles for everyone. There are evening cordials, but how much Grand Marnier can a person drink 🤢. Most clubs have a stash of hard seltzer or a bottle of vodka for mixed drinks by request, but those things are monitored and you have to ask.
Specifically for your statement about alcohol for one, you would do far better to just buy some bottles in the resort convenience shop. There's more variety there as well as some higher end items you won't find in the club lounge, and you don't need anyone's permission to have a (large) pour whenever you like.

The biggest WDW splurge DW and I have made is to take advantage of a bounce back offer to upgrade to a 1 BR villa at the Boardwalk. It was really nice to have the extra room. It was quite a different feel from the standard hotel room. The room had a big balcony that overlooked the pool. And with DW's food allergies it was nice to be able to cook a few simple meals in the room.

More frequent splurges are tours. Most recent tour was the Caring for Giants at the AK. A tour really adds something to a WDW visit.

The most fun tour we had is no longer available, the Epcot Segway tour.

A dream would be to gather a group of family/friends and do a VIP Tour.

Best ones we’ve done: private MK fireworks cruise (my husband would do this every time), Minnie vans, Elephants tour at AK, Behind the Seeds tour, Morimoto’s date night, Hoop Dee Doo, Tiffans, carriage ride, early entry breakfasts (please bring those back), using DVC points for 1 bedrooms over a studio (now we’re ruined and will never go back).

On the list to do someday: VIP tour, any other tours really, V & A’s, Copper Creek cabins, I want to stay for a full 2 weeks someday too

One we’ve done but did not enjoy was MVMCP. My kids were just too young and sleepy cried the entire time. We left after the parade. I want to give it another chance this year so I’m not making any calls until then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter