• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 Night Solo... What to do?

Hollymom1229

Art's Girl
I'm going to WDW this trip with my DH and BIL. They are intending to go one night to Skull Kingdom in Orlando. I have no real desire to join them, so I was going to hang back that night and do my own thing. Problem is, no ideas are coming to mind. It's a resort day for us, but I have an AP so going into the parks wouldn't be a problem. I'll probably have from about 6 PM - 10 PM.

How about going to the GF Spa and getting a massage!!! Then heading to GF or Poly to have a nice dinner by yourself!! You could always hang back at your resort and order some room service. Jellyrolls could be a lot of fun too!
Or think of something (in a park perhaps) that you really, really want to do, but that DH wouldn't want to do with you.

Hi Hollymom1229 -

A few thoughts come to mind as I travel solo often:
• Dinner over at Ft. Wilderness followed later by a hayride
• Dinner at DTD (Wolfgang Puck Exp) followed by lots and lots of shopping
• Touring the WS @ Epcot, shopping & eating around the world
• Mouseboats
• The Boardwalk & Jellyrolls

Hope these Help!!! :teeth:

I always like to go to Downtown Disney and just have a dinner and snoop through all the stores........I always find that I enjoy it much more by myself I can take my time and just relax. You could also take in a movie down there if you wanted too. Don't forget to get yourself a ice cream at Ghirredellis?!

Two things I'd consider are:
- Go to EPCOT's WS and watch the various bands and street performers
- Spend as much time as possible at DisneyQuest (if you love video games)

How about doing a tour? Disney has many tours to choose from, and being a solo , I love to do at least one when I go down. Check this out http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm.

I've done the Dolphins in Depth, Keys to the Kingdom, and Backstage Safari. All were just wonderful.

Hi Cassie

I am traveling solo and just booked the Backstage Safari. How did you like it?

I would like to do that one again bob. The one I was on did a little interesting talk on all the animals and birds, and how they are cared for. We visited the elephant house and learned how they are trying to breed these Asian Elephants, which can be very difficult at best. All the animals out on the safari are brought in every night. Interesting how it is done. Saw, and talked about some of the exotic birds. Visited the building where all the meals are made up for each and every bird and animal in the parks. Boy, do they eat well! Also visited the vet hospital they have. At the end of the tour we were given a special Animal Kindgom pin that is not available to the public. Being an animal lover, I enjoyed this one immensly. Hope you do too.

The tour idea sounds like so much fun, but unfortunately most tours are done by the time all be on my own. Also, I'm not really a shopper. I'm thinking about going into the MK and riding some things that I know DH won't be interested in. Of course, now DH really wants me to go to Skull Kingdom with him and BIL. Mind you, last time that I was in a walk through haunted house, I freaked in a tight area and punched the actor that startled me. I'm thinking I shouldn't go into one again. :rolleyes:

I woiuld do the DD dining and shopping thing. I always feel like I run through DD, because we are always rushing to get somewhere else or meet someone or whatever. If I had four hours to leisurely stroll through the shops, I would be in HEAVEN!!!!!!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter