1 BR Villas

gardengirl628

Help, help, a Herrible Hoffalump!
Hi all-Booked at Beach Club 1 BR in August. My 13 yo DD was originally going to bring her friend on vacation, but plans have changed and we now may be bringing my 14yo step son. I notice that most of the 1 BR's now say on the website that they can accommodate 5 ppl, but extra linens etc not provided. Does anyone know how they are doing this? Is it a rollaway cot? Do you know what size bed linens would be needed? Thanks in advance for any help.

No cot or anything. Basically they will let you have 5 people in a space with sleeping areas for 4. You can bring an air mattress but you need to bring sheets and stuff. You're only going to be 3 total? So are you just trying to figure out where you 3 will sleep? Or do you actually have 5 total? If its just the three of you, can your daughter sleep in the king with you and put the stepson in the living room? Or do you have 2 adults plus the 2 kids? Then you'd probably need to bring an air mattress since I'm guessing you don't want them sharing the pull out couch.

Gotcha. Then you'll need to bring an air mattress or something like that. Or you could do you and daughter in one bed, step son and father in the other (I'm assuming here that you're talking about your husband but I know this could not be the case). Obviously not ideal for you. But it's an option. I think some air mattresses are pretty easy to carry on the plane, at least from what I've heard. Never done it myself.

I notice that most of the 1 BR's now say on the website that they can accommodate 5 ppl, but extra linens etc not provided.
If I remember correctly, the phrase they use is something like "no bedding is provided for the fifth person". I find the term "bedding" confusing because to me that means "no bed linens". What they really mean by "no bedding" is: no bed, no sheets or blanket, no pillow.

You will need an air mattress or aerobed, sheets, a blanket, and a pillow for your step son. There will be enough bath towels for four people.

I believe that they allow 5 in a one bedrooms now because some of the resorts can actually sleep 5 with the additional of the convertible chair. Those are Old Key West, BLT and AKV Kidani (not sure about Jambo). So your options would be to either bring an air mattress +bedding or change your reservation to one of those other resorts.

We had 9 in a two bedroom at Beach Club once and my nephew was 5 at the time. He just slept on the pillows with a sleeping bag. There wasn't a cot or anything. I think an air mattress would be better if you could bring that.

Hi all-Booked at Beach Club 1 BR in August. My 13 yo DD was originally going to bring her friend on vacation, but plans have changed and we now may be bringing my 14yo step son. I notice that most of the 1 BR's now say on the website that they can accommodate 5 ppl, but extra linens etc not provided. Does anyone know how they are doing this? Is it a rollaway cot? Do you know what size bed linens would be needed? Thanks in advance for any help.

You may want to try to switch to AKV (except value rooms), VGF, OKW or BLT, they have the sleeper chair or pulldown in the 1 bedroom. AKV Kidani and BLT have a second bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter