1 BR Capacity??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyMama21

Mickey...wait for it...Mouse!!!
OK, so I was under the impression that you could not book 5 people in a 1 BR villa anywhere except AKV, BLT, and OKW. But then I've read that you can book 5 in a 1 BR at any DVC resort as long as you bring your own bedding for the 5th person? Like the 5th person will be on your reservations and everything? Cause I don't want to have an 'unofficial' guest...(We like to do EMH!) Thanks for any help cause I'd really like to try a few other places, but didn't want to pony up points for a 2 BR!

occupancy discussions are typically limited to the occupancy thread, so be aware of that. here is the official occupancy thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2894661

Currently DVC allows the following occupancy:

Studio 4*
1 Bdrm 5*+
2 Bdrm 9*+
Grand Villa 12*

*plus a child under the age of 3 in a Pak-n-Play
+Some DVC resorts have a single sleeper chair for person 5/9 respectively. For others you will need to provide your own air mattress, sleeping bag, or other arrangements.

there is always a possibility that DVC will choose to enforce occupancy limits of 4 on non-sleeper-chair-1BRs, but right now, a 5th person is allowed for points stays (i think they might enforce the rules on a cash guest).

occupancy discussions are typically limited to the occupancy thread, so be aware of that. here is the official occupancy thread:

there is always a possibility that DVC will choose to enforce occupancy limits of 4 on non-sleeper-chair-1BRs, but right now, a 5th person is allowed for points stays (i think they might enforce the rules on a cash guest).

Oops, I'm sorry I posted in the wrong place...but thanks for the info!

OK, so I was under the impression that you could not book 5 people in a 1 BR villa anywhere except AKV, BLT, and OKW. But then I've read that you can book 5 in a 1 BR at any DVC resort as long as you bring your own bedding for the 5th person? Like the 5th person will be on your reservations and everything? Cause I don't want to have an 'unofficial' guest...(We like to do EMH!) Thanks for any help cause I'd really like to try a few other places, but didn't want to pony up points for a 2 BR!
I don't think they allow five guests in a Value 1BR at AKV unless one of them is under 3 years of age. But otherwise, yes, they have been allowing five in any other 1BR when booked on points. As you stated, there is no place for a 5th person to sleep in those resorts that don't have the sleeper chair. DVC doesn't provide rollaways.

DVC, but not Disney Reservation Center, has allowed five in a one bedroom that officially sleeps four. But they will not allow five plus one under the age of three. So if you are a party of four, plus a little one under the age of three, you cannot add a fifth person age three or older.

I don't think they allow five guests in a Value 1BR at AKV unless one of them is under 3 years of age. But otherwise, yes, they have been allowing five in any other 1BR when booked on points. As you stated, there is no place for a 5th person to sleep in those resorts that don't have the sleeper chair. DVC doesn't provide rollaways.

That is correct, AFAIK, the AKV Value rooms do maintain the lower occupancy limits.

Since we do try to limit occupancy discussions to the occupancy thread, I'm going to refer everyone there for any further discussion and close this thread.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter