• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

1 BR Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek

nezy

DIS Veteran
We are booked for 5 nghts in a 1 BR at Copper Creek. They look a bit small. The Boulder Ridge rooms are also available for the same days. even though they are same property locations I booked Copper Creek because it is new and I wanted to experience the "converted rooms". Now I am thinking twice looking at the room set up of Copper Creek. Any thoughts? I can't ask if there have been any experiences as the copper creek rooms have not yet been available.

Initial information indicates that the CCV 1-bedrooms might be about 47 sq feet smaller than those in BRV.

We also had a choice between a BRV and CCV 1 Bedroom. Haven't previously stayed at either. Since we probably won't be able to get in to either again in December, I picked CCV because those villas are in the main lodge. But I'm sure we would be happy at either. It will just be the two of us, so the extra space at BRV wasn't much of a consideration for us. :)

We most likely will stay in CCV. I too like the idea of being in the main building.

Since Copper Creek is in the main bldg of wilderness lodge is there a chance to pay for access to concierge level?

There's something strange about the kitchen/dining layout in CCV than I find very unappealing and awkward. Nevertheless, I would book it over BRV if you can.

We most likely will stay in CCV. I too like the idea of being in the main building.

Since Copper Creek is in the main bldg of wilderness lodge is there a chance to pay for access to concierge level?
Really doubt it. It's not a choice available at the DVC Resorts anywhere - at the AKV, it's only available to the members who book the club rooms (and not to anyone who books something else but pays a fee).

Any idea whether the construction at Copper Creek will be finished by late July? I'm considering booking a 2br, but I don't want to stay if its still going to be all torn up.
Any info would be helpful!

There's something strange about the kitchen/dining layout in CCV than I find very unappealing and awkward. Nevertheless, I would book it over BRV if you can.
It's a long, narrow room, like a hallway instead of a real dining room or kitchen.

It's a long, narrow room, like a hallway instead of a real dining room or kitchen.

I just booked a 1 bedroom at Copper Creek instead of Boulder Ridge for my family, total of 4 of us.

I love that Copper Creek is in the main lobby. And I also like the set up a lot - it feels a bit more private with how it was set up.

When we bought Copper Creek Villas and Cabins in early April we were told that the 1BR is 675 square feet. BRVs 1BRs are 727 square feet, 52 feet larger. I think a lot of the space difference is in the width of the rooms.

We chose CC for October, mostly to try a new location. But we have stayed at BR several times, and liked it very much. I really love the rooms in the lobby area in that building, the fireplace, and games on the tables. So relaxing.

In the future, I think it might be a tossup on which to choose, we will see after trying CC. (neither is my home resort, we own at BCV).

I definitely want to experience it and I am curious to see the set up as well as the views from the room. Haven't stayed at Wilderness in years so I am excited to see the changes. I am hopeful the constructions will be completed ...especially the pool area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter