07 Minnie Marathon Weekend Race Photos(All 5K & 15K Done)

ultramickeymouse

DIS Veteran
I have posted pics from todays race expo on my website. We met WDWFAN9 at the MGM bus stop and our new friend Jennifer(soon to be a WISH'er). The expo was a lot smaller and more spread out than the last 2 Marathon Weekends(and a lot less people). My DW scored as she got 4 cool bags(see pics-2 of mine) and 2 great tech Minnie Shirts(what am I to do with a Women's shirt;)). It is hot and humid during the day.

Will post more after tomorrows 5K and EOS meet.

I was there too. Nice to see the race photos! And I even see you took a picture of my husband, who attended the race with me to show support. We had no idea that men could run in the Go Red For Women 5k or he would have signed up with me. My previous 5Ks were Irongirl races which were for women only. Maybe next year....

ROBERT!!! You ROCK!!!! Thanks for posting the photos so quickly!!!

I was thinking of our Teammates in Florida all weekend. When I went to cross the finish after the Pig 5K I figured I was probably the last Team member to cross for the weekend knowing the Florida team probably was long done due to their start times for the morning. Last night I was thinking of how our Teams in Cincinnati & Disney were settling in for the night before an earlier morning race start. So seeing the photos this morning of your weekend is just perfect. I have already been to the results page and pulled up Carrie & Anne LOL Woohoo Team!!!! So very very proud of you all.

Those bags you got are sooo kewl!!!! Oh I am so there next year LOL I must have been out of it on Friday because I think the bow was pink on the 15K medal. But I was also very very tired LOL I love the banner they had in the WWoS photo. Sooo cute!!!

ANNE!!!! You wore my fave hat!!!!! Wooohooo!!!! LOL Wendy wore my fave hat for her this weekend too. I just love her in her Cheshire hat. (((hugs)))

that is a beautiful 5K course! Oh I am sooo there for next year! Can't wait to see the 15K photos and everything else. Wooohoooo Team!!!!! Way to go!!!!

Robert... Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

Thanks for the pictures... you know those 3 miles look like a loooong way tho!! so WTG Team!!!

Thanks for the inspiration! (I want a shirt!! :) ) Y'all looked so great!! It was fun looking at the crowds knowing soon I'll be one of thousands!! I think I will try and run a 5K this summer!

Awesome photos, awesome race!! :woohoo:

Hi all,

I posted all of the 15K pics from today on my website. I have to take less pics;)

Great day with great friends:banana:

Robert how did you miss the group pic with 234823479 green shirts at the end of the 15k?!? :rotfl:

Did you have your camera set to take a picture every 30 sec for the whole race or what!?!?:lmao:

I love the pictures!

I was showing dd 10 - she was lol thinking I'm going to die before 13th mile!! I was showing her getting excited - and then the princesses... I have inspiration!!

Thank you for sharing!!

Great pictures, Robert!!! I LOVE seeing all the green. Those shirts really stand out. :thumbsup2 :cool1: :banana: :thumbsup2

Robert

Thank you a thousand times for posting all the pictures from today's 15K. It was wonderful to see all the gang out on the course.

And double thanks for including 6 pictures which include my lovely bride in the photo set. I've been sitting at the dining room table all day grading cases, and seeing her stretching before the race and cheering others to the finish makes my day.

Craig

The 15K photos are amazing! I just about cried though when I saw our team members finishing and my heart about burst with pride seeing the members gathering at the fence to continue cheering the rest in.

You all did excellent!!! Now enjoy those medals!!!!!

Way to gooo TEAM!!!!!!! :cheer2:

:grouphug: to you all :)

Robert how did you miss the group pic with 234823479 green shirts at the end of the 15k?!? :rotfl:

Did you have your camera set to take a picture every 30 sec for the whole race or what!?!?:lmao:

It was about every 15 secs for the 5K:rotfl: . Have to love image stabilization so I could take pics without stopping or I would still be out on the course;)

It was great meeting all at the races and sharing our experience.

My DW and I regained some of our lost speed. I walked(DW jogged) the races in 41:46(13:29 pace) & 2:07:35(13:38 pace). Haven't walked that fast since Achilles tear and 2 surgeries over last 6 years. With limited training even.

Loved the pics. I can't wait to sport my lime green with all of you in January. Way to do everybody!

Robert, thank you for posting the photos. It was great meeting you all on Sunday. What an amazing event. All the WISH team members are great people. Can't wait till my next disney event.

Kim

If anyone wants a full res pic that I took, please PM me and I will email them along to you:)

Great meeting all of you and sorry to miss some of you while I was at the races:confused3

THANKS Robert! I had such a great time doing my 1st 5K! If it were not for the WISH Team, I probably would have quit! Now I want to do another!

HUGS to Anne! What a motivator and friendly WISHer!

This was the best experience!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter