•The Official POLYNESIAN VILLAS & BUNGALOWS Owners and Fans info thread•

Are there any requests we should make for a lake-view room for May? We always request high floor
because it is usually quieter, but anything else that I should add?

Thank you for your help! Super excited to finally get to stay here! I remember visiting the Polynesian with my DH and 2 young kids about 25 years ago and telling him that we would stay there SOME DAY, even if we could only afford to stay one night (we were staying at one of the All Stars for about $70 a night). Well, that day is finally almost here. :D
Dreams come true!

We made the “mistake” of staying at the Polynesian in October 2020 and it has ended up costing us a lot more than just one night!

We loved it so much and knew we could never go back to the way things were before that we ended up buying our first DVC contract. And since then added on another one.

You’re going to have a great time. It’s just wonderful.

When the new DVC Polynesian tower opens for sales, and it’s part of the same Polynesian association, is Disney allowed to restrict bookings for current Poly owners for a limited period of time? Like, can they give preference for the first month to purchasers of new direct Poly points? I see that they’re doing this with the new Cabins property, but it’s new… can they do it to an existing association?

When the new DVC Polynesian tower opens for sales, and it’s part of the same Polynesian association, is Disney allowed to restrict bookings for current Poly owners for a limited period of time? Like, can they give preference for the first month to purchasers of new direct Poly points? I see that they’re doing this with the new Cabins property, but it’s new… can they do it to an existing association?
They did that for VGF2 but I think it was just a short time.

They did that for VGF2 but I think it was just a short time.
Well, they did have a 2-month period where only VGF members could book the new hotel rooms, but it wasn't restricted to just VGF2 owners, VGF1 owners could have booked during that time as well.

Well, they did have a 2-month period where only VGF members could book the new hotel rooms, but it wasn't restricted to just VGF2 owners, VGF1 owners could have booked during that time as well.
Thanks for correcting my poor memory!

That would make sense - but then there is no incentive to purchase new direct Poly points through Disney. You could purchase resale Poly and get the tower Day 1 as well. I would think Disney would want to have some 'incentive' to sell their new direct points. Maybe Disney could just keep Poly resale in ROFR for a few months until after Day 1? :)

That would make sense - but then there is no incentive to purchase new direct Poly points through Disney. You could purchase resale Poly and get the tower Day 1 as well. I would think Disney would want to have some 'incentive' to sell their new direct points. Maybe Disney could just keep Poly resale in ROFR for a few months until after Day 1? :)
Once Poly goes back into active sales there will be incentives and the starting price will not be what it is now. Actually they had a "special" 1-1/2 years ago that dropped the purchase price from the non-active sales pricing.

Didn't seem to stop people from purchasing BPK points when they went on sale...

Oh... wait... that's right, many VGF1 owners had no interest in hotel rooms...

(I'm still a bit salty about that, can you tell?)

FWIW, I ascribe to the notion that @Sandisw states that if the price is right, it will move regardless of any of the association/restrictions/addition or or lack of dole whip bar/etc... The devil will be in the details.

FWIW2: I purchased direct at PVB1 and do not plan on usually booking the tower over the longhouses, even if it is the same association. I suspect that if they want it restricted, then the easiest (and most common sense) play would be to have it be it's own separate association. My fear as a PVB1 owner is that they'll do whatever complex calculus they need to do to keep it separate but "in the same association" (again referencing some of the theories of @Sandisw) whereas they hit PVB1 owners and essentially have us subsidize the dues structure of PVB2. That worries me quite a bit...

We finally are able to stay at Poly in April. We are in a standard view, what would be your room request?

We finally are able to stay at Poly in April. We are in a standard view, what would be your room request?
If you plan to use laundry, request Moorea. That is the DVC longhouse with the laundry room. That way if it rains, you don't have to haul laundry through the rain.

If not, our favorite standard view request is Tokelau longhouse. This longhouse is closest to the lobby and quiet pool. A few of the rooms even have peek a boo views of the lagoon.

We were just at PVB in June and I already forgot. Anyone know what type of coffee maker is in the studios? Did they upgrade from the old drip to Keurig's during the last rehab?

We were just at PVB in June and I already forgot. Anyone know what type of coffee maker is in the studios? Did they upgrade from the old drip to Keurig's during the last rehab?

We just left yesterday. Our studio had a 12-cup drip coffeemaker, sorry I don’t remember the brand. No Keurig yet. This one had a removable mesh filter basket that was more conical than flat-bottomed. I did fit a filter into it to use with my ground coffee, not sure that would have been necessary but it made for easier cleanup. We did make one pot using two of the filter packs provided in the room.

Does anyone know how extensive or intrusive the refurbishment work is going to be at the Poly Villas? I see online it says "now through Fall 2024." I just went to book for October 2024 and was startled to see how widely available the Poly rooms were. It's one of our favorite resorts, and we haven't found the construction for the tower to be too intrusive for the DVC villas (although it might bother me if I was in the hotel rooms). Do people know something I don't? I've never seen this much availability. Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how extensive or intrusive the refurbishment work is going to be at the Poly Villas? I see online it says "now through Fall 2024." I just went to book for October 2024 and was startled to see how widely available the Poly rooms were. It's one of our favorite resorts, and we haven't found the construction for the tower to be too intrusive for the DVC villas (although it might bother me if I was in the hotel rooms). Do people know something I don't? I've never seen this much availability. Thanks!
I think the "refurbishment" is the Poly Tower. PVB just had a soft good refurbishment a couple of years ago when they added the murphy bed.

Anyone currently at the Polynesian? I want one of these to gift to my wife. They run about $37 and change. I'll gladly reimburse (PayPal), tip and send you a USPS or UPS shipping label, all you have to do is grab it for me and pack it to ship, drop off.

Attachments

• 429586911_10227446082291027_2875246455470878495_n.jpg
    429586911_10227446082291027_2875246455470878495_n.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 11
OMG OMG OMG I'm so excited I'm going to explode & I can't share this with my family cuz it will now be a surprise.. We've been crazy busy with work & have barely been using our points. So I jumped on to bank what points I didn't have to use and I always "bucketlist" search - I snagged a Bungalow for 2 days over Mother's day weekend. My family has NO idea. My DD and grandson are going to go nuts, my DH will appreciate the much needed down time. I'm most excited to be able to sit on the patio and watch the Electric water parade & the fireworks. We have no plans to go to the parks, just enjoy the Poly.
It's been forever since I"ve been to the Poly. Anything new I should make sure we do / see?
Thank for all the posts, I love owners threads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter