• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I stayed at a bungalow over NYE and the "splash pool" in 7007 was heated. Not hot, but warm. The weather was pretty cool and it was warm enough to go in.

Yeah, it should go up to 104 degrees.

Isn't RRB posting about the bungalows, not the cabins? If so the bungalows are not supposed to be hot tubs. I am surprised they were heated at all.

Just booked 4 nights in a cabin Aug 18-22!! Very excited to see them and stay at WL resort! Then will be moving into a regular villa on the 22nd through the 25th. This will be our first stay at WL.

:welcome: Sounds like a great way to enjoy the Lodge for the first time!! I put you up on Page 1! Any questions, here’s the place to ask! Hope you have a great trip!!

Just booked 4 nights in a cabin Aug 18-22!! Very excited to see them and stay at WL resort! Then will be moving into a regular villa on the 22nd through the 25th. This will be our first stay at WL.

That sounds like a great trip! I am excited to hear more about experiences staying in the cabins this year.

In November had a 6th floor room with the dormered roof balcony for room 6122 which is on the other side facing Boulder Ridge Cove pool. In the future we will add a request that we do not want the 6th floor when making our view request. When sitting you couldn't see anything except the sky. So I guess we were prepared for any comets coming our way.

View attachment 292677

Was this a 1 bedroom? Thanks!

Isn't RRB posting about the bungalows, not the cabins? If so the bungalows are not supposed to be hot tubs. I am surprised they were heated at all.
Yes, that comment was about the Poly Bungalow 7007. The last time we stayed in one (7006) the outdoor tub was not warm. Over NYE, it was warm. I read that the tubs in the CC Cabins are hot. I'll find out in 24 days!

1-bedroom villa. It was close enough to the elevators to be a short walk, far away enough that we didn't have issues with noise.

Thank you! If it's ok, I'd like to link your post/pictures to Page 1 for room views!

Thank you!! Our first stay (not yet DVC at that point) was in a 1BR in December and we really enjoyed it. The giant tub was amazing and we love the theming (we are big fans of the modern rustic vibe). We were on the 4th floor and it was so nice waking up to the peaceful view of the stream!

View attachment 293578

Do you remember your room number by chance? I'd love to post the room view on Page 1 for others! Thanks!

I don’t really keep up with this thread but I look at it from time to time. But we just got back from two nights in a cabin and thought I would post for anyone thirsting for cabin info, like I was before our trip.

I’ll just preface it by saying “WOW!” The cabins do not disappoint.

I had requested a higher number cabin so we would be on the Fort Wilderness end. We got 8024 which is just about to the very end. So it was a good walk up to the main lodge but it was very convenient to the cabin parking lot. I had done online check in but also stopped by the front desk around 11:00 as we were making the move from OKW. But our cabin was still not ready until 4:00. Well, technically the text came at 3:55. But that was fine, I kind of expected that.

The cabin was just beautiful. No cleanliness issues and everything still in new condition. The fireplace was great and since we had some cold weather it made it feel very cozy. The view is amazing. It was so nice in the morning to just sit and watch the boats go by.

By far the best thing was the hot tub. Addressing some of the comments I’ve read, yes, it is hot. The four kids (older teens and early 20’s) were in it every chance they got. We were in it our second night and watched the fireworks from the MK. They pipe in the music, you do have a volume control dial, and the view is fantastic. We were back in it with the kids for the electric water parade. We had so much fun.

As far as any negatives, there were just a couple. The fan in the bathroom must be motion sensitive and when you went in it was constantly going on and off. While drying my hair and putting on my makeup it probably went off and on 15 times. It was just annoying. Then on checkout day we were planning on staying pretty close to 11 as our flight home was 9:00 that night. First, I went to get coffee and on my way back in, around 8:30, the housekeeper was getting supplies out of the locked storage in the front of our cabin. I told her the kids were still asleep and we would be a little while. Then around 9:15 we got our first phone call/hang up. Then about 9:45 we noticed they were washing our front window above the front door with a long stick. 10:00; next phone call/hang up. We decided to just get out but that left a little bit of a sour taste. I understand they have a lot to clean and it must be time consuming but officially checkout is still 11:00 and with what the points cost we wanted to enjoy it as long as we could.

If I had the points I would stay there again in a heartbeat. But this was a one and done. I had extra points going into holding that I would not have been able to use. So we decided to splurge and enjoy the cabins one time. I’m so glad we did it, we will always have great memories of our short visit there.

Any questions please ask, I’ll be happy to try and answer them.

Thanks so much for your post. I'll be requesting the same location as you did. Any noise from adjacent cabins, roads, etc? I am looking forward to a peaceful stay. is there a door from the screened patio to the outside? Was the Reunion Station open yet?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for your post. I'll be requesting the same location as you did. Any noise from adjacent cabins, roads, etc? I am looking forward to a peaceful stay. is there a door from the screened patio to the outside? Was the Reunion Station open yet?

Thanks!

No noise whatsoever. Sometimes you'd hear birds or notice the occasional boat horn but they're not loud. We had neighbors but they were quiet.

There's not a door on the patio that you can come and go through. There is however an emergency exit. It's basically a small half door that you could crawl out of in an emergency. I believe it only opens from inside the patio.

Reunion Station did not appear to be open. I never saw any life there. We did eat at Geyser Point and although it was chilly even with the heaters it was delicious!

ETA: RRB, I just noticed your tag and profile picture...love it!

Last edited:
1-bedroom villa. It was close enough to the elevators to be a short walk, far away enough that we didn't have issues with noise.
It looks like 6122 being a 1 bedroom is a change from what we have on the floor plan map. I will track postings and I will update it, but have to make other adjustments to still meet total numbers of each type of room. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I don’t really keep up with this thread but I look at it from time to time. But we just got back from two nights in a cabin and thought I would post for anyone thirsting for cabin info, like I was before our trip.

I’ll just preface it by saying “WOW!” The cabins do not disappoint.

I had requested a higher number cabin so we would be on the Fort Wilderness end. We got 8024 which is just about to the very end. So it was a good walk up to the main lodge but it was very convenient to the cabin parking lot. I had done online check in but also stopped by the front desk around 11:00 as we were making the move from OKW. But our cabin was still not ready until 4:00. Well, technically the text came at 3:55. But that was fine, I kind of expected that.

The cabin was just beautiful. No cleanliness issues and everything still in new condition. The fireplace was great and since we had some cold weather it made it feel very cozy. The view is amazing. It was so nice in the morning to just sit and watch the boats go by.

By far the best thing was the hot tub. Addressing some of the comments I’ve read, yes, it is hot. The four kids (older teens and early 20’s) were in it every chance they got. We were in it our second night and watched the fireworks from the MK. They pipe in the music, you do have a volume control dial, and the view is fantastic. We were back in it with the kids for the electric water parade. We had so much fun.

As far as any negatives, there were just a couple. The fan in the bathroom must be motion sensitive and when you went in it was constantly going on and off. While drying my hair and putting on my makeup it probably went off and on 15 times. It was just annoying. Then on checkout day we were planning on staying pretty close to 11 as our flight home was 9:00 that night. First, I went to get coffee and on my way back in, around 8:30, the housekeeper was getting supplies out of the locked storage in the front of our cabin. I told her the kids were still asleep and we would be a little while. Then around 9:15 we got our first phone call/hang up. Then about 9:45 we noticed they were washing our front window above the front door with a long stick. 10:00; next phone call/hang up. We decided to just get out but that left a little bit of a sour taste. I understand they have a lot to clean and it must be time consuming but officially checkout is still 11:00 and with what the points cost we wanted to enjoy it as long as we could.

If I had the points I would stay there again in a heartbeat. But this was a one and done. I had extra points going into holding that I would not have been able to use. So we decided to splurge and enjoy the cabins one time. I’m so glad we did it, we will always have great memories of our short visit there.

Any questions please ask, I’ll be happy to try and answer them.
Can you watch the fireworks from all the cabins?
Is there any other advantages to being close to Fort Wilderness other than being close to the parking lot?
Very happy they did not disappoint!

It looks like 6122 being a 1 bedroom is a change from what we have on the floor plan map. I will track postings and I will update it, but have to make other adjustments to still meet total numbers of each type of room. Thanks for sharing.
The 1-bed I stayed in was 5110, not sure who stayed in 6122 or room type.

Can you watch the fireworks from all the cabins?
Is there any other advantages to being close to Fort Wilderness other than being close to the parking lot?
Very happy they did not disappoint!
I am interested in the fireworks viewing as well, I have heard mixed reports regarding this issue. Apparently, some cabins have a good view and some don't? If MELK doesn't reply on the other questions, I might be able to help with those

Hello. We will be having our first wdw DVC stay this March for 12n from 14-26. Super excited!!
I’ve only read page 1 so far. Lots of good info here . Just done with our fp selections and most adr. Trying to fit in a one or two Spa/salon days. As well as other onsite activities (pool, movie, electrical pageant etc).
This is only our third time to wdw. The planning is overwhelming! I’m hoping to enjoy the many things offered at the resort
We are from the west coast up in Canada. Nice to meet everyone :wave2:

Hello. We will be having our first wdw DVC stay this March for 12n from 14-26. Super excited!!
I’ve only read page 1 so far. Lots of good info here . Just done with our fp selections and most adr. Trying to fit in a one or two Spa/salon days. As well as other onsite activities (pool, movie, electrical pageant etc).
This is only our third time to wdw. The planning is overwhelming! I’m hoping to enjoy the many things offered at the resort

:welcome: Happy you found us! I'll get your trip dates on Page 1! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us here! Enjoy planning, to me it makes the trip more exciting!

:welcome: That sounds like a great trip! Hope you get to enjoy Flower and Garden at EPCOT. I liked it more than F&W but probably won't manage to get back in the spring until 2019 or 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter