“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE - Bypass Photos

So far all I've seen are props. These start when party guests are allowed into this area. Some report they were let in 3:50 and others 4pm. Let's move on to the photos...

As you walk towards the M&M inflatable look for the special Halloween bronze statues of Disney Characters. Here's Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Donald Duck (not pictured)!
upload_2018-8-20_19-29-4.png

After you get your treat bag & first treat you'll have a few photo opportunities via photo props.
upload_2018-8-27_19-27-44.png

UPDATE 9/23:
@CampbellzSoup on Post #9454
There are about four photo ops:

One where you have just a in view background of one of the Mickey wreaths and you hold a Pumpkin Mickey sign.

Second one you hold a frame with Donald statue in the background.

Third one has the Minnie Mouse witch statue in the background

Fourth is the MNSSHP Blub.

Last edited:
So the bronze statues can only be seen in the bypass? We've always just been "in" the park on party days so I've never been in any of these bypasses. Now I'm wondering how we can get some of these pictures if we just get our bands from inside the park at 4pm?

So the bronze statues can only be seen in the bypass? We've always just been "in" the park on party days so I've never been in any of these bypasses. Now I'm wondering how we can get some of these pictures if we just get our bands from inside the park at 4pm?

You can but you will have to go through or around the Bypass to get these photos of the bronze statues. They are located before the M&M inflatable but certainly close to it. ;)

That's a good point/reality check. I currently have an hour down for treats and magic shots. I'll plan on just hitting them as I go from the attractions with overlays.

I think I accomplished 3 magic shots during my Christmas party last year. I'm hoping lines will be much shorter as I'm going on September 9. I think my priorities are -- Headless horseman, HM ghosts on Main Street, HM hearse, and poison apple.
For comparison sake I went to three MVMCP last year and my goal for one of them was a picture with Uncle Scrooge and getting all the magic shots available. I arrived at 4pm, ate cookies, rode some rides, hang around the Circus area and then got on the line for Scrooge around 6pm (CM's wouldn't let anyone queue before that). I was done with Uncle Scrooge by 7:10 (he doesn't meet till 7pm) and went back to the front of the park to start with the Magic Shots.

We took all 9 available Magic Shots (animated and/or props) from 7:15 till 11pm, all the while eating more cookies and having a good and slow time. We did not see the fireworks or the parade, but we did stop for pictures with Goofy because he had zero wait and had an amazing view of the fireworks by Barnstormer.

Last edited:
UPDATE - Character

Goofy Meet & Greet at the Barnstormer. Pirate Goofy meets at 7pm, signs autographs and PhotoPass is available.

View attachment 345256

View attachment 345257

EDIT: This information has been added to:
Post #6: Character List - Location, Times Guide
If you don't care for crowds, try meeting Goofy around the time the fireworks are about to start. Last year we had zero wait and Goofy had the best reaction to the fireworks, it made for such cute pictures!

UPDATE - Allergy Friendly Treats

Behold, the new offerings or lack thereof...

upload_2018-8-20_17-46-21.png

View attachment 345272

There are Surf Sweets gummy worms, gummy bears and jelly beans, Smarties, Enjoy Life Ricemilk Chocolate Bars, and a non-food pumpkin character ornament kits.

It has been reported you can pick up Go Go Squeeze Applesauce at the dock to Tom Sawyer Island.

upload_2018-8-21_0-30-33.png

This information has been added to:
Post #7: Trick or Treat Locations & Allergy Information

Last edited:
UPDATE - Allergy Friendly Treats

Behold, the new offerings or lack thereof...

View attachment 345271

View attachment 345272

There are Surf Sweets gummy worms, gummy bears and jelly beans, Smarties, Enjoy Life Ricemilk Chocolate Bars, and a non-food pumpkin character ornament kits.

This information has been added to:
Post #7: Trick or Treat Locations & Allergy Information
I could eat a whole bag of the Enjoy Life chocolate chips. I really try to lay off the sugar and eat mostly sugar-free but who am I kidding.....these next two disney trips are going to be carb-city.

Does anybody have an idea what time CHH closes? A few years ago I planned on having dinner there but they had already closed. I figure I’ll be safe by eating there around 6:30-7.

Does anybody have an idea what time CHH closes? A few years ago I planned on having dinner there but they had already closed. I figure I’ll be safe by eating there around 6:30-7.
I wouldn't go any later than that. CHH is a trick or treat location so my guess they close at 6:30pm for a quick clean up before opening back up for the party.

If you don't care for crowds, try meeting Goofy around the time the fireworks are about to start. Last year we had zero wait and Goofy had the best reaction to the fireworks, it made for such cute pictures!
He rarely has long lines.

Last edited:
How long should I budget if I wanted to get as many of the magic shots as I can? Is an hour too long?

Also, my must M&Gs are Jack/Sally, 7D, and Cruella. Hoping I'll then have enough time to snag a bonus M&G of Alice/Hatter and/or Tarzan. I'm paranoid about getting rained out of the parade, but I could cut one of those showings out of my plan.

I keep paring my plan down, only to then want to add more. This is why I need to go to a second party.

I think you'll find it hard to just do all of the magic shots. The amount of time for each will depend on the line and that will depend on when you go to the location. Plus they are all over the park. You may want to 'schedule' a flexible amount of time for the shots in each area of the park as you are going there for other activities.

Is there any Magic Shots that are exclusive to MNSSHP only? We want to do as many Magic Shots as possible during the trip, but we'll have several days or part days in MK to do the other ones, so we only really need to do the ones specific to the party.
I agree with @sherlockmiles , it depends on the Magic Shot AND crowd level. I would give at least 30 minutes. If you're done within 15 or 20 minutes then you have more time for others.

Disney has not updated nor posted images for the 2018 Magic Shots or Halloween photo props. I'm still working through several sites and will update the Magic Shot Thread when done. The link can be found on Post #1, page one of this thread.

@FoxC63, you will have to let me know how that Harry Potter compares with FL Harry Potter. My teen loves him! Our Disney trip this year is split between Disney for the 2 yr old(celebrating 3rd bday) and universal for the teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter