“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there much of a difference if a party is sold out over one that is not? Any advantage of a smaller group over the maximum number allowed? Thanks.

Thank you for such an informative thread! I've done the Sparkling dessert party 3 times, but this will be the first FEA. I'm glad I checked this out so that I know when my sister and I go next Monday we'll likely be seated with others, that there's assigned seating and woo hoo--seating ;) Thanks again all!

Is there much of a difference if a party is sold out over one that is not? Any advantage of a smaller group over the maximum number allowed? Thanks.
Not quite understanding what you're asking. The FEA party is a smaller party, and the many, many times I've been there, it has been sold out. If I were to do a dessert party, and I'm not, it would be the FEA party.

The normal setup is 30 tables with the target attendance number being 130 guests. They do tweak the setup a little if needed.

I arrived about 20min prior to my reservation and did not wait in line very long. I would not waste my time waiting in line, as other posters stated, your seats are assigned prior.

I really enjoyed myself, I went solo and was seated with a fantastic family.

I am not really a dessert girl, I like savory items better. The Cheese Fondue was fantastic! I had a great table by the bar, super happy about my location.

After the show, we got a few minutes to gather our belonging and we were off to FEA. We were led through the FP+ line.

If we are a party of 2, should I expect we will be seated with other people as the norm?

Great thread guys! We’ve yet to meet the sisters, ride the attraction OR see Illuminations (got food poisoning at Akurshus last year so we went home early) so this is on my must do list.

Our trip isn’t until September and I’m assuming I won’t be able to book this at 180 days, but should I be looking sooner than 60 days out?

Also, I’m not super familiar with EPCOT’s layout, if there is bad weather and the party is moved, will it be on the other side of the park? If so, think a 4 year old could hoof it over? We’d likely do this party on an off/light day so she’d be rested. I just don’t like using the stroller if I don’t have to.

TIA!

If we are a party of 2, should I expect we will be seated with other people as the norm?
Yes, but it depends on the size of the parties that night. Some parties of two may get their own table and some may not.

There have been situations when guests would rather not share a table. The Leader on Duty will make every attempt to move things around to accommodate those guests. If it's not possible, they may be offered a high boy table without chairs that are setup for such situations.
should I be looking sooner than 60 days out?
That's been the gripe, dates can be released as little as 60 days out. I suggest checking sooner if your dates are not flexible. It's smaller in number of guests than some other parties so it can sell out fairly quickly.
Also, I’m not super familiar with EPCOT’s layout, if there is bad weather and the party is moved, will it be on the other side of the park? If so, think a 4 year old could hoof it over?
I think so. The normal weather back up location is in Norway which is not too far away. The sequence if the party is moved, is to walk to the Illuminations viewing area which is where the party would have been held, then back to Norway for the ride, so it's a round trip.

Yes, but it depends on the size of the parties that night. Some parties of two may get their own table and some may not.

There have been situations when guests would rather not share a table. The Leader on Duty will make every attempt to move things around to accommodate those guests. If it's not possible, they may be offered a high boy table without chairs that are setup for such situations.

Thank you, most helpful. I was thinking of booking it for a trip with just DS1 and I, but I'll look at doing something else special for him.

I did not check out the entire area, but the tables around us had at least 3 people. There were some empty tables, as the party was not sold out.
It's very rare that the party is not sold out or in some cases over sold, but it does happen. There are also last minute cancellations, and believe it or not, no shows. If the empty tables were at the far end of the area, those are always setup in reserve just in case there's an issue.

I'm going solo. Does this mean I could end up standing by myself at a high boy table? I booked partly with the expectation I would be able to sit (at least for the party portion) and I would prefer to be added in with another group rather than stand by myself.

I'm going solo. Does this mean I could end up standing by myself at a high boy table? I booked partly with the expectation I would be able to sit (at least for the party portion) and I would prefer to be added in with another group rather than stand by myself.
Absolutely not, not sure why you would think that. You'll probably be seated with a great couple who will have lots of great WDW stories.

ETA, I can say that because that's usually what I witness.

Last edited:
If DS1 is a SW fan there's always the SW dessert party.

Our first dessert parties were the SWW ones and they were awesome! You got a couple extra perks during the day plus the party in a great spot. The new ones don't sound quite as nice but it's a thought. We loved the Wishes Dessert Party too, I was just thinking about something new. We will figure out something else to as our extra. I might take him back to Discovery Cove, that is always a treat.

Agree! How old is DS1?

DS is an adult but he is disabled (obviously) and functions as a young child. This trip is only he and I, changes my dynamics since I have no one else to talk to, which is fine mostly. But sadly strangers are not always interested in sitting with us (yes it's happened) and too often children stare unkindly at him, and worse yet it usually happens at Disney. For that kind of money the last thing I need is a hurtful situation. It's okay, I just try to plan to avoid these kind of bumps.

Go for it. We did Club Villain where we were three. The tables only held 4, so we knew we would either be just us or a solo would join. We had a singleton join us, we had a blast. They were very nervous about joining us, as we did have the majority, but after a few minutes we all had so much fun, we met up later in the trip and had dinner.

Absolutely not, not sure why you would think that. You'll probably be seated with a great couple who will have lots of great WDW stories.

I think because you told me that if a party is not happy with their seating they may be offered a high top to use.

Great - I must have misinterpreted your response about couples potentially at high boy tables?

Our first dessert parties were the SWW ones and they were awesome! You got a couple extra perks during the day plus the party in a great spot. The new ones don't sound quite as nice but it's a thought.
I agree, I was at those parties as well and I liked that location more than the current location, but it does get pretty good reviews.
Just throwing this out there, but you can have a private Illuminations dessert party for two? It's at a great location behind the R&C and you can have anything you want for desserts.

I agree, I was at those parties as well and I liked that location more than the current location, but it does get pretty good reviews.
Just throwing this out there, but you can have a private Illuminations dessert party for two? It's at a great location behind the R&C and you can have anything you want for desserts.

You have me researching ... might be out of my range for the two of us, but this could be something if a bigger group of us are there. Thanks for the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter