͏

BWV
- Walking distance to two parks, so there's no one to blame but myself when I miss rope drop again for DHS. This teaches accountability.
- Lack of decent quick service options teaches the importance of pre-planning for meals.
- Easy to make friends as everyone congregates at the sole set of elevators.
- Can recreate your own family version of The Shining anytime.
- Helps you make the most of your Disney vacation by keeping you awake longer (can't sleep... clown will eat me).

BLT

1. Monorail DVC, access to all the Deluxe Resorts and their amenities
2. Walk to MK
3. Easy to watch Wishes without being in the crowds in MK
4. TOWL
5. BLT/CR complex - 3 pools, Chef Mickeys, Wave and Garden Grill
6. Bay Lake and it’s water sports and access to WL/VWL and Ft. Wilderness
7. 3 bathrooms in a 2 bedroom
8. Park View villas
9. Lake View Villas
10. Everything mentioned above plus more....

I felt inspired by @DVC Doctor's wisdom, specifically wisdom #s 15-16, 18 (and I saw this idea on another forum)

Thanks for the shout out, so here are my comments (member of the stayed everywhere club)

SSR to buy (resale) as it offers the best value to me (buy costs plus annual dues)
BLT to buy (resale) may actually take the #1 spot when factoring in longer RTU
Poly to buy (direct) as it offers the best value to be a certified owner direct from Disney

Aulani is my favorite (off-site) resort to stay and any room will do
VGF is my favorite (on-site) resort to stay and any room will do

BLT 1 or 2 bedroom lake view are my "go to" options as places I am always happy to stay there as my most vivid early memory of WDW as a kid was the Contemporary Resort and the possibility of owning at that resort is a dream come true that I never thought would be possible (thank you DVC). So I guess if I only had only one choice I would keep BLT forever.

The VGF grand villa is the best DVC room of them all
Aulani grand villa is a close second
THV are always a blast with kids or family trips
Poly standard studio are great options for trips when only a studio is needed
Anything at VGF or VGC are great options
I liked VB and HHI, but greatly prefer WDW resorts for my points
OKW near hospitality house is great value
AKV Jambo is also great value but I don't like the remote location
BCV pool is awesome, but that is not a huge draw for me now
BWV boardwalk view is fun on occasions and I hate the clown pool slide
I never stay at SSR standard view rooms
I like CCV over BRV
I like Jambo over Kidani
The CCV cabins are way better than Poly cabinas
Riviera is growing on me, but I am not sold on owning there or staying there often
VGC is great, but mega hard to book rooms there on points, so I simply stay there on cash

IMO, if I'd've known how nice the Dolphin and Swan are then I'd've not purchased DVC. The rooms are nice - the beds fantastic (the pillows need some help) and I've always been able to get a king room for about $300/n inclusive of fees. It's in our preferred location and the pools are wonderful.

OKW (Tongue-in-cheek)

-The 10 miles you need to walk to your non-Near Hospitality house room, followed by the 50 flights of stairs to get to the top will allow you to eat ALL the Mickey Bars. (#disneycaloriecounting)
-Quick service is such an expensive, unhealthy way to feed a family. OKW will enable you to save money and eat healthier by not providing as many pesky quick service options as other resorts.
-Social distancing? There are enough pools that you can make sure there is always 60 ft between you and the nearest person. No guarantees on duck distancing, though.
-Don't like your family? No problem, these rooms are the biggest so you can all separate to the 4 corners and not make eye contact for the rest of the trip.
-One person is really driving everyone nuts with their snoring? Send them out to sleep on the balcony. Seriously, even the balconies on the studios could fit a tent.
-Let's get real, a lot of the membership bought back when Disney required a minimum contract size of 230 points. This is one resort that there is no competition for studios at the 11 month mark, or realistically anywhere in the 7-11 month range. Yet there is competition for Grand Villas!
-Boat ride to Disney Springs - 5 minutes of fun and adventure, 15 minutes of "Are we there yet?" It's like Jungle Cruise without the animatronics and bad puns.
-The Imagineers really needed to slave for long hours to come up with the theme. "We're making a new resort for WDW in Florida, what should we theme it after? ....uh, how about Fl? Brilliant!"

I have not been up on direct Disney prices, I guess CCV is the best value now, not Poly. I was remembering the $150 price for Poly from years ago.

Copper Creek Villas

When you want to go to disney world but also stay in the woods(also applies to Fort Wilderness)
When you want to be close to the Magic Kingdom but don't get the monorail for transportation
When you want to book a studio but there are only 2 of them
When you want to stay in the Cabins but only Heirs of Walt Disney himself have enough points
Hey we have a Gingerbread House now
We have a nice romantic and quite restaurant that serves authentic cuisine from the wilderness in the lobby
Do you like to share busses? You won't after staying here
The pool has a huge leak that goes off and shoots in the air every 30 mins.
We have Geyser point, for the folks who like to eat outside in the 99 degree heat in the summer and also like to sweat when eating
Free boat light shows out in the water at night that are louder than @$%$

We own at BLT. Here's why:

1. We stay in 1 or 2 bedroom units. BLT has the extra bathroom. We have two teenage girls. Any questions?
2. Walk to/from MK is priceless. There's nothing better than walking back to the room after the fireworks as the crowds wait for the boats and monorail.
3. Monorail and walking access to some great food/drink - The Wave, The Outer Rim, Trader Sam's, Dole whips!, Victoria & Albert's, Afternoon Tea, Enchanted Rose...
4. Nice shopping at The Contemporary!
5. Want to hop on a couple of rides on the day you fly home? No problem! MK is just minutes away.
6. Top of the World Lounge. Imagine our surprise when our server remembered us from previous visits!

They are all terrible. Don't book them at all. Book Vero Beach only.
(That said, never stay in my favorite resorts in the villas I like to book so I can get them at seven months out if I want to.) The End.

OKW. It's cheap and they are huge. As stated before, when I am annoyed with a family member, I can literally avoid them in the villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter