»»June 16, 2012 Father's Day Cruise on the Fantasy!««

DD14 who is only 12 right now (I have to start a new post asking how others are referring to kids, are you using their current age, or the age at the time of the cruise?) competes. She is a Level 6. She was supposed to be a Level 6 last year, but broke her elbow a week before her first competition. She was healthy enough at the end of the year to compete once as a Prep Gold, then go to States and Regionals.

When she first started competing, I played the music for all the girls at our home meet. Six years later, I now work some of the bigger meets by providing the sound equipment, emceeing, and still playing the music. It is a lot of fun, and will probably continue after she tires of the sport (which I hope is not soon).

I usually refer to my girls by the age that they are now. Otherwise, I just confuse myself.

So, your Level 6's go to Regionals? That's nice. Ours only go to State. Our region only has a regional meet for the optionals. Wow, you must be really sick of the floor music by now. During competition season, I can't get it out of my head. :lmao: That being said, I don't like the new music nearly as well as I do the old. I'm looking forward to DD12 moving up to Level 7 just so I can hear all the different music.

Just stopping in to say hello ~ we leave Monday AM for our 5-night double dip on the Magic and I will be officially booking this cruise then :banana: I will let you know what room we will be in when we get back so we can be added to the 1st page of the thread!

Happy New Year, everyone!!! :goodvibes

Have fun on your cruise! I am so jealous I am sitting here in subzero temps and snow.

I remember those days when I lived in Ohio - it's going to be in the 70s here in Tampa today.....And, Monday AM, we only have an hour and 40 min drive to the Port. DD always cries when we drive on I-4 and pass WDW, but do not stop!

I usually refer to my girls by the age that they are now. Otherwise, I just confuse myself.

So, your Level 6's go to Regionals? That's nice. Ours only go to State. Our region only has a regional meet for the optionals. Wow, you must be really sick of the floor music by now. During competition season, I can't get it out of my head. :lmao: That being said, I don't like the new music nearly as well as I do the old. I'm looking forward to DD12 moving up to Level 7 just so I can hear all the different music.

I probably wasn't clear - sorry about that. Since she broke her arm, she was not able to compete Level 6. She was only cleared to go full strength back in the gym a week before the final meet of the season. Since she no longer had all the Level 6 skills, she and her coach developed some Prep Opt Gold routines, and competed as a Prep Opt Gold in the last meet of the season. In Region 8 (our region), they have Regionals for Prep Opts. The only qualifier for Regionals is to compete at the Prep Opt State Meet. So she competed in that one regular meet to qualify for Prep Opt State, competed at State to qualify for Prep Opt Regionals, then competed at Prep Opt Regionals. So even with a broken arm at the beginning of the season, she was still able to go to 3 meets. No awards, but she had fun competing again.

This year, she is back at Level 6, and has competed in two meets.

I remember those days when I lived in Ohio - it's going to be in the 70s here in Tampa today.....And, Monday AM, we only have an hour and 40 min drive to the Port. DD always cries when we drive on I-4 and pass WDW, but do not stop!

So how did you take to the change in climate? Everyone keeps telling me that the humidity down in Florida is brutal. being from the Midwest the humidity is killer here and live for our air conditioning. I am trying to talk the wife into letting me look for jobs in FL. She is afraid of the hurricanes and doesn't like the humidity. Any place with the "Mickey Boat" is fine by my kids as well :rotfl:

So how did you take to the change in climate? Everyone keeps telling me that the humidity down in Florida is brutal. being from the Midwest the humidity is killer here and live for our air conditioning. I am trying to talk the wife into letting me look for jobs in FL. She is afraid of the hurricanes and doesn't like the humidity. Any place with the "Mickey Boat" is fine by my kids as well :rotfl:

And you could get the Florida resident discounts too!:cool1:

It really does vary per person. For me, it's HEAVEN. The greatest day in my life was not my wedding day, nor the birth of my child; rather it was the day we crossed the border and saw the "Welcome to Florida" sign when we were driving (moving) from Ohio because my dream was finally coming true. Since my parents took us to WDW at Christmas in 1994, I wanted to move and did in 2007 with DH and our 5 week old daughter.

In Tampa, the humidity is not that bad and is completely tolerable because of the breeze. Orlando can be downright sweltering in the summer. Here, I'd say we have ~10 days each summer that make us glad to have A/C. People that come to visit us are always surprised how nice it is at our house, as they are not expecting the breeze we get. When people say "It's too hot in Florida," it reminds me of when people say, "It always rains in Seattle." Neither is totally true.

As far as hurricanes go, we are ~45 min drive to the Gulf, so we are safe from direct hits/storm surge. If a hurricane hit, we could certainly get wind & rain, but would miss the brunt. It all in where you live. I am 45 min to the beach on our West, and 60 min to WDW to the East.

Florida is paradise to me. My daughter plays outside all year round (without bundling up!!!), and rarely watches TV. I get to go to WDW twice a month, and, I am blessed with Florida Resident Rates for WDW and Disney Cruises.

It's not for everyone, but for our family, it's perfect ::)

It really does vary per person. For me, it's HEAVEN. The greatest day in my life was not my wedding day, nor the birth of my child; rather it was the day we crossed the border and saw the "Welcome to Florida" sign when we were driving (moving) from Ohio because my dream was finally coming true. Since my parents took us to WDW at Christmas in 1994, I wanted to move and did in 2007 with DH and our 5 week old daughter.

In Tampa, the humidity is not that bad and is completely tolerable because of the breeze. Orlando can be downright sweltering in the summer. Here, I'd say we have ~10 days each summer that make us glad to have A/C. People that come to visit us are always surprised how nice it is at our house, as they are not expecting the breeze we get. When people say "It's too hot in Florida," it reminds me of when people say, "It always rains in Seattle." Neither is totally true.

As far as hurricanes go, we are ~45 min drive to the Gulf, so we are safe from direct hits/storm surge. If a hurricane hit, we could certainly get wind & rain, but would miss the brunt. It all in where you live. I am 45 min to the beach on our West, and 60 min to WDW to the East.

Florida is paradise to me. My daughter plays outside all year round (without bundling up!!!), and rarely watches TV. I get to go to WDW twice a month, and, I am blessed with Florida Resident Rates for WDW and Disney Cruises.

It's not for everyone, but for our family, it's perfect ::)

Thanks a lot for rubbing it in :rotfl: Now if I could just find a job in Tampa!!!

Thank you for adding us to the roll call. If you like, you can put Main Dining with the 9:00 pm show.

I had not been paying attention to the multiple show times. When we booked, we were asked what time show, so I just picked 9:00. It looks like the other show is before dinner. We had a hard enough time getting to dinner after excursions, etc., so there is no way we would be ready for a show first. I also wonder how they will be doing the 'in between' stuff, and if we may need to do some picking and choosing. We attended most (if not all) the adult activities in Rockin Bar D which usually started sometime between 10 and 10:30 pm. For some of the activities, we needed to get there a head of time to get a good seat (one show, there was so much overflow that they filled Diversions too).

Got a Welcome Aboard packet from DCL today for our June 16, 2012 WESTERN CRUISE... Checked the website, it's still Eastern, but it did kind of freak me out for a second!

Got a Welcome Aboard packet from DCL today for our June 16, 2012 WESTERN CRUISE... Checked the website, it's still Eastern, but it did kind of freak me out for a second!

:lmao:I received two welcome packets in the mail today that said the same thing! I double-checked as well...

Hi everyone - just off the Magic this AM and we are OFFICIALLY booked on this cruise now! Me, DH (DIS boards name Ssanders79), and DD (will be 5 at time of sailing). We are in Cat 6A, Room #9674, and have main dining with the 9pm show. Please add us to the roll call!!! :goodvibes

Hi everyone - just off the Magic this AM and we are OFFICIALLY booked on this cruise now! Me, DH (DIS boards name Ssanders79), and DD (will be 5 at time of sailing). We are in Cat 6A, Room #9674, and have main dining with the 9pm show. Please add us to the roll call!!! :goodvibes

Glad to hear it is offical now!!!

Welcome (officially!) and you're added! :dance3:

Welcome (officially!) and you're added! :dance3:

You have just a little typo on us (#15) - I am Silverfox97, not GoHerd :)

Also, you can add that it will be our 5th Disney cruise. We will be celebrating summer vacation before DD's 1st "real" year in school (kindergarten), DH's b-day (June 15th), and our 7th wedding anniversary (June 13th). Thanks :)

Hello all, I'm Silverfox97's husband.
I noticed you have a roll call on page one, but I've not found any mention of a Fish Extender list. In the past I've maintained an online list and I started one for this cruise.
FE List

You have just a little typo on us (#15) - I am Silverfox97, not GoHerd :)

Also, you can add that it will be our 5th Disney cruise. We will be celebrating summer vacation after DD's 1st "real" year in school (kindergarten), DH's b-day (June 15th), and our 7th wedding anniversary (June 13th). Thanks :)

Hello all, I'm Silverfox97's husband.
I noticed you have a roll call on page one, but I've not found any mention of a Fish Extender list. In the past I've maintained an online list and I started one for this cruise.
FE List
fixed it,and that would be great if you'd do the FE!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter