Zurgswife's Birthday Gala: Part 1 - Pre Flight

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
I wrote these in another location, Zurgswife said I should copy them here so here we go:

The Cast:

Zurg - Me, Evil Emperor.

Zurgswife aka ZW aka Kimball aka Kim aka the much better half – The MacArthur of Disney World “I Shall Return!”

Kelley -DD 12

Blair DS -11

Connor - DS 10

Delaney - DD 6

This trip has been in the planning for years - Mom’s gala 40th birthday special - her birthday is Christmas Eve – and we are spending the holidays at WDW.

I guess the planning started way back in ‘98 when she surprised me with a trip to WDW for my 40th birthday. We ended up getting our first DVC Contract at Boardwalk on that trip. (Yes first - we have acquired more contracts since.)

At some point in the revelry of joining DVC (one doesn’t just buy into DVC one joins and revelry is required) we came to the realization that all of us could use the thing for our 40th birthdays – kids included. Delaney was 1 at the time.

I think it was when we got back from that trip that ZW started planning this trip. (all the other trips in between were planning practice exercises.) However I may be wrong. Planning trips to WDW is Zurgswife’s hobby. She may have started planning her 40th birthday trip before we got home from mine.

“Planning Trips” doesn’t quite explain it. As I have said before our trip planning is more along the lines of MacArthur’s “I Shall return.” It is not just a trip it is more of an invasion - there is a Navy involved. It took the coordination of five people calling from two States at exactly 90 days ahead of time at 6:59:45 am to secure the cruise.

We make stickers for the kids to give the Cast Members. This started as something to give back when they give us a Mickey Mouse sticker. It has evolved in to a more proactive than reactive thing where we just give them to cast Members for the fun of it.

I have Zurg@BadShoe.com business cards; we make Epcot touring books; we have BadShoe.com pins and ThankShoe cards to give with the pins to Cast Members who do something real cool for us.
pincard_small.JPG

We pack well ahead of time. We know to take extension cords, night lights and a water filter.

We have Been There, Done That and are Coming Back!

T shirts! We laugh at T shirts - we have shirts embroidered with the BadShoe logo by Lands End before we go.

We are Pros.

We mean business.

We were packed and ready to go.

The night before departure, Kelley wanted to get some magazines to read. Great thing about holiday shopping hours, everyone is open late. I grabbed my wallet out of my brief case and we shot over to Barnes & Nobel at 10 PM. Good thinking with reading material in hand - we don’t need to hang out in the airport book shop.

Connor is type I, insulin dependant diabetic. He got out of the hospital on Halloween. I was taking this seriously. I even wrote a check list. I check the diabetes bag about six times, glucose meters - check, supplies - check, test strips - check, needles - check, insulin - check. This was a hand carry bag. All was in order.

We are ready.

We head out for the Allentown and the Lehigh Valley Airport at 8:30 the next morning. Up, fed and out 10 minutes early. My sister was dropping us off. All was right in the universe.

Allentown is a great place to fly from, a smaller easy to get around airport. We unpacked at the curb, said goodbye to my sister and headed in with plenty of time for security.

Everything set, I looked at the sign about photo ID and reached for my wallet.

It wasn’t there.

Oh yeah! I packed it in my brief case with the laptop and Pirates DVD.

It wasn’t there.

I took it out to go to Barnes and Noble.

It is at home.

Sister with the car is gone.

I have no ID.

Uh, oh.:( What cha gonna do now big Zurg boy? My bet is zurgswife saves the day.....gonna go see....

I already read these over at the Lodge, but I never registered.

But now I can finally comment!

I would like to see I need to know what happens, but I already know.

But you do write great trip reports!

Zurg - I read these over at The Lodge as well. They were great. I too think I am hooked on Millionaire. We just went 1/24-1/31 and I didn't do WWTBAM until mid-week. We got to sit in the fastest finger section and on the first question (Putting states in geographic order from west to east) I was #2!! I almost screamed out loud in frustration right then and there. The girl who was #1 was from Canada.

I made myself not go back again that week or I fear that's all I might have done.

Anyway - great reports - I have started to post my trip reports but its slow going. It takes so long to recount everything. Thanks for the posts.

Thanks.

I know what you mean by "It takes so long to recount everything." I look through my pictures.

All that planning and then forgetting your ID- sounds exactly like something that would happen to me!

Looking forward to reading the rest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter