Zurg's Halloween VI - Oliver Twist

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
We are heading into Epcot for the new breakfast thing in Norway. Mary is concerned. We are not. They have our name. This is Disney. They will take care of us. (We are in the Groove but I haven’t realized that yet.)
<bgsound src="http://www.davidyounker.com/midi/spaceodd.mid" loop="1">

You see, some how, when we switched days for the Princess Breakfast PM’s they put us down as a party of 4, not four kids and three adults, 4 smaller kids and three larger kids, six rational people and one idiot with delusions of being an Evil Emperor or what ever.

Mary is concerned about bad karma, what if we can’t get in?

It is Okay, Zurgswife tells Mary.

But what if they don’t like it, I’ll just stay here and…

Relax, Zurgswife tells Mary.

The Emperor's wife knows a Groove when she is in one.

Mary reasoning is more like; "Please sir, can I have some more?" with all the ugly connotations that go with it. I can hear her thinking, "They have dungeon in the Utilidors for people who over book PSs."

We walk up. They have the name. No problem on the number mistake. Are all 7 there and ready to sit down immediately?

Well okay but next time we are going to insist on waiting just to stay in practice.

We haven’t waited for anything this trip, well other than the room but that doesn’t count ‘cause it isn’t waiting ‘till after 4:00. Without that wait how else could I have had the pleasure of meeting yuppie woman and knowing that all the fun we are having is just more rain for her own personal little storm cloud?

Breakfast was fun. Delaney was in the Snow White dress. This dress was made by my sister, the fairy God Mother not Founder, about 18 years ago. It has been lovingly handed down to the little girls in the family since.

There was food there. It was okay. I don’t think the kids ate much. Let’s be honest this isn’t about food. It’s about sugar and spice and all things nice.

P1010014_small.JPG
P1010006_small.JPG
P1010010_small.JPG

The characters work the room and everyone has a good time. I still like chef Mickey’s better, as you get to be real silly with the towels waving, and I like a buffet dinner over breakfast but this is a very good time.

Zurgswife recall with great mirth TennVolTony's post, "I wanted to be 5 years old today.... " One can appreciate his envy when Jasmine stops by. Zurg being right on top of things gets a picture of her.. um..
P1010019a_small.JPG

.... shoe.

There is some serious pin trading going on. It has approached Dickensian levels. It is Oliver Twist with Zurg cast in the roll of Fagan coaching the kids on techniques to move Dopey pins.

The kids know that the CMs don’t have to trade if they already have a Dopey pin. Zurg points out that the CMs don’t know, that the kids know this, and therefore, in the interest of making an exchange, the kids don’t necessarily need to volunteer that the CM already had a Dopey if they do. Republican's call this free markets fources, Democrats call it organized barganing. What ever your politics it is the art of the deal.

Kelley catches on real quick. She takes to this partial disclosure approach like Arthur Anderson to an Enron off balance sheet transaction. As an Evil Emperor I am pleased to see the oldest taking up the mantle. As a Dad, I’ll have to start keeping a closer eye on her when we get home.

The kids are competing to get to fresh CM’s first. They are hoping for another mother load of trades but I think Jim was it.

Blair is developing into a regular Artful Dodger. No Dopey pin on the lanyard as he approaches a potential trade. He has it in his pocket and has developed a slight of hand to distract any potential traders from a Dopey they may be wearing. He points to the pin farthest away from the duplicate of what he is trying to move and proposes a quick trade. I don’t think any CM is being fooled but everyone is having a great time pretending.

Mary hasn’t seen Fantasmic. Tonight is her last night so it is on the to-do list. We refresh the trader pin supply and walk over to MGM. There is the usual throng entering but it is moving. I split off to park the stroller and they talk me in to the seats by radio.

It is like ground control to major Zurg.
Ground Control to Major Zurg
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Commencing countdown, engines on
Check the stroller and may God's love be with you

Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Liftoff

This is Ground Control to Major Zurg
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know who's BadShoe shirt you wear
Now it's time to park the capsule if you dare

This is Major Zurg to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the crowd
And I'm getting shoved in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today

For here
Am I pushing a little tin can
All around Disney World
Donald Duck is blue
P1010045_small.JPG

And I'm taking a picture of a BadShoe

Though it goes past one hundred thousand miles
The line is very still
And I think my stroller knows which way to go
Tell my wife I love her very much she knows"

Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Zurg?
Can you....

"Here am I floating round my tin can
Far above MGM
Donald Duck is blue
And I'm taking a picture of a BadShoe."

We have traveled from Dickens to Bowie faster than Clayton retails homes in North Carolina. I come out of my little Rock 'n Roll fantasy to discover the family is in the Pocahontas section and scored seats in the front row. Just like an old Miller Lite commercial.

The Emperor's is in a Disney Groove.

Zurg's Halloween Act I: On the Road Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act II: On the Road Yet Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act III: Boardwalk!
Zurg's Halloween Act IV: MNSSHP - The Quest for Candy!
Zurg's Halloween Act V: Beers with SSB and other Adventures
Zurg's Halloween VI - Oliver Twist
Zurg's Halloween VII - A Box of Money?
Zurg's Halloween Act VIII: Almost Perfect
Zurg's Halloween Act IX: It Rains a Lot in the UK

yeah! I'm stuck here waiting for something at work so I had a few minutes - just logged on to check if you'd posted more days.
love these reports and cool song!

Stuck as work - I can relate. was in 7 am to 1 am yesterday.

Kudo's to Kelley (Hippiechick) for heling clean up the Major Zurg parody.

LOL! Great report, great music, love the parody, love the photos more :)

Great trip reports! Thanks so much for sharing!

Love your reports. Love the music as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter