Zurg's Halloween The Last Act: The Perfect Day (Real Long)

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
Everyday at Disney World is better than any day at work.

In the World there are good days, better days, great days and days that seem perfect.

It is our last day before going home work is, unfortunately, in site. I look the other away.

We were getting up after what seemed like the perfect day. We opened MK, rode rides with a character. In fact, other than Kelley doing homework in the afternoon and missing out on playing with Simon, I can’t think of how to make it better. It was so perfect a day it was making the next one great.

You see we were getting up and moving early because we have a mission. In an unnatural stroke of luck, Dolores who in no small part helped made yesterday almost prefect was going to set it up so we would get to do the “Big Open” at MK. We just had to meet her at the main gates.

Zurgswife wasn’t going to be late, that isn’t to say we got up before the sun but it wasn’t very far ahead of us. We had breakfast and were at the BVW bus stop in time to catch the early bus with little or no waiting and it was empty. We get to MK way before opening time (did I mention Zurgswife wasn’t going to be late? – We weren’t – no problem there.)

Perfection is an elusive thing. Yesterday seemed so perfect that nothing today could spoil it. Then we found out our new friend Dolores was out sick.

OK I have to offer a little disclaimer here. This trip report is about 10 months late and real long. I didn’t just forget. In what follows I am not bragging and is some ways I feel guilty for all that transpired. However my journalistic duty compels me to recount the tale.

Dolores wasn’t there to have us do the “Big Opening.”

Yes perfection is an elusive thing. Unknown to us there was a confluence of cosmic factors happening; huge waves of fortune, karma, and lucky thumbs up were combining to an unyielding deluge.

Dolores had called in to the CM on duty and told them to expect us! Seriously just how cool is that?

Dolores Rocks!

We spend the wait ‘till opening chatting with CMs, one of our favorite pass times. The tide was coming in and would soon swallow us whole.

The Big Opening was a riot! We were one of two families doing the honors. We were on the Monorail side; they were on the stroller rental side. We are announced by His Honor the Mayor Himself. And get this – Mickey comes to us to have his picture taken with us!

P1010025_small.JPG

A little observation: They gave is a little magic wand with a heart full of candy on the end. They also gave us one of those little paper drinking cone cups full of Magic Mylar Pixie Dust to fill the wand after the kids eat the candy. This isn’t something Imaginering designed, it is just a little cup of pixie dust some CM figured out would ad to the Magic by making it OK for the kids to eat the candy. Quality touch. This little cup is what Disney is all about in my humble (OK I am not that humble) opinion - some CM, doing some little thing, that just makes it all just a little more Magic.

Savoring the moment we lag behind the masses entering MK and give the CMs who ran the Big Opening BadShoe Thank You pins making sure to give an extra for them to pass to Dolores when she is better. After the rush has moved past, we turn into the tunnel to go under the railroad tracks and into the Magic Kingdom.

We are leaving tomorrow and I paused to savor the smell, the sights and the sounds of Magic. Somewhere someone is talking.

“Welcome to the Magic King… , a ride up Main St...”

I try to shut it out and just take in the moment, like I am meditating and as is how much I enjoy Magic Kingdom were some kind of mantra.

I don’t I hear the wave.

“Excuse me sir.”

I regain consciousness as the kids are clamoring around a fire truck.

SPLASH!

“Would you like a ride in the fire truck up Main Street?”

“Uhh…..” I mutter as the fog lifts finally answering, “Yes! It would be great!”

We chat happily with the CM as we are given the honor of the Fire Truck ride into the Happiest Place on Earth.

WHAM! A breaker of Perfect Karma crashes down on me. My day is complete and the place just opened.

I hand out another BadShoe Thank You pin to the CM who gave us the ride. She bears an uncanny resemblance to Zurgswife’s step mom, down to the warm happy smile (very unlike the official story book evil step mom stereotype.)

We have another great morning in MK and swing by Story Time with Belle to say goodbye to Rhonda and our other CM friends there. Rhonda uses her super powers and takes us on a farewell trip in through the out door at Peter Pan.

Life is good!

On a whim we decide to take the Monorail to Epcot and walk back to BWV just to have a last chance to take it all in. There are not many people waiting for the monorail to Epcot. But a couple has beaten us to the coveted spot for waiting for the front. I am thinking, “Well we can’t be greedy it isn’t even noon look at all the cool stuff we have had happen to us….” when…

WHOOOSH!

A wave of fortune washes the them into the first normal compartment that opens, leaving us, mouth gaping open looking at the vacant front seats as the driver’s door opens.

I feel like Bob Uecker in the old Lite beer ads, “Must be the front row!”

The front of the Monorail is just drop dead cool! It has always been so and it will always be so.

I don’t know if we walked for floated through Epcot. I think we played some games at Innoventions and may have ridden a ride I don’t recall. At this point the tide of the Perfect day had swept me away.

Before lunch we:

• Opened MK with the Big Open (Thanks to a sick CM calling in to be sure we could.)
    Had Mickey come to us to have his picture taken.
    Rode the Fire Truck up Main Street opening.
    Got the “In Through the Out Door” Royal treatment at Peter Pan.
    Rode the front of the Monorail from TTC to Epcot.

Anyone of these is grounds for great day status (not to mention the empty bus from BWV). Two yesterday seemed perfect. Today it was all five before noon!

Amazed, we relived our morning over lunch and a leisurely visit to the pool. Our plan was to walk over to MGM for a last afternoon visit to some favorites, RnR, ToT, WWTBAM.

The walk to MGM is very really very nice. Quiet. Relaxing. Nice Scenery.

I didn’t notice the wave.

I was sitting next to another banker showing him how to use the key pad at WWTBAM Play It when it found me. I was doing OK, cracked the top ten when the guy in the Hot Seat just chokes.

And the next player is Zurg!

Surf’s up!

The walk back from MGM is very really very nice. Quiet. Relaxing. Nice new Hat and Polo Shirt!

The perfect day ended with a great view of Illuminations. It was the perfect end to a perfect Trip. Well we had to drive up I95 but we would travel in the glow of the DAY and with some Kim Possible tapes the ride was “No Big.”

I said in the first of these trip reports that the whole trip was the result of a confluence of cosmic factors. They seemed to keep building from day one.

But it wasn’t really cosmic forces, it was the Magic of regular work a day CMs. From Al at BWV, Daisy, Dolores & Rhonda at MK, Jim & Simon at Epcot, Jugglers on Boardwalk, Monorail drivers on the rails and the small army of other great CMs we met along the way they made this trip prefect.

Thanks all of you.
pincard.JPG

Been There. Done (all of) That, Coming Back.

Zurg's Halloween Act I: On the Road Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act II: On the Road Yet Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act III: Boardwalk!
Zurg's Halloween Act IV: MNSSHP - The Quest for Candy!
Zurg's Halloween Act V: Beers with SSB and other Adventures
Zurg's Halloween VI - Oliver Twist
Zurg's Halloween VII - A Box of Money?
Zurg's Halloween Act VIII: Almost Perfect
Zurg's Halloween Act IX: It Rains a Lot in the UK

Thanks so much for finally writing the end to your fabulous trip. I was just waiting to see if you really got to do the big open. I only hope my trip is half as great as yours was. Thanks again for writing this final report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter