Zurg's Halloween Act V: Beers with SSB and other Adventures

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
Our trips fall into two basic times. The time when we are showing newbie around and the time we are doing more seasoned veterans stuff ourselves.

Let old Zurgy pass on a little wisdom. If you are going to be with newbies have them there in the early part of your trip. The first few days we all do the same stuff vet and newbie alike. The classics, Buzz, the Mountains, Buzz, Fantasmic, Buzz, Tapestry.

This is what you are going to do with any newbie too. So if a newbie joins you group mid week you do the first few day drill twice and you have no veteran time.

Veteran time is a different flow. More talking with cast members, smaller attractions and or repeating the stuff you really like, like Buzz. We are at the point where the veteran stuff really makes a difference for us. We know of few CMs to go looking for and met some new ones we will look for in the future too.

Now Mary isn’t really a newbie but she was there in the early part of the week and we had some mountains to climb and/or ride. Mary wasn’t into a lot of them; neither was Delaney. The two of them hung out while the rest of us rode the rides.

We tried to lie like a rug about how smooth and tame Rock ’n Rollercoaster is but Marry wasn’t buying it. I guess she knows us too well. Possibly the kids were selling the “fabrications” at little too strong.

She and Delaney hung out. We did have fun at MGM. Delaney 5 was second in the fastest finger round at Millionaire. Seems she knows her Brad Pitt movies. It would have been a riot if she got in the hot seat.

Later I was on a find SSB mission. SSB had picked us up a case of real beer, a phrase that here means Dixie Brewing Blackened Voodoo. (Now that is ground for a BadShoe.com pin)

I approached the Swan front desk and asked for Randall / Side Show Bob. The front desk looked at me like I was crazy. (Okay I hear you saying well Zurg what is so unusual about that? You are crazy!) Some how I managed to get out without being arrested. Fortunately he found us or our room and left his office number on our voice mail.

Mary was a sport and wasn't so too ticked off about us being total liers about Rock n Rollercoaster. She bought dinner Le Celler. We had a great time and Kelley & Connor had Moose.
P1010082_small.JPG
P1010083_small.JPG

SSB to found us in Epcot after Tapestry. We had a ball talking, walking, and drinking. It was something like the Saturday night DIS chat without the computer and with non-virtual beer.
ssb_small.jpg

The kids were pin trading the whole time. We bought a case of Dopey pins cheap before we left home. The kids were busy trying to find people to trade them with.

We were not alone in this effort. Dopey was a glut on the market was it a little bit of work to move the Dopey pins. Zurg, an extreme free market type, was proud of the commodities market pit trading skills the kids developed over the week.

So while we are talking with SSB the boys came back talking about a CM who was, they claimed, collecting Dopeys. This didn’t make much sense CMs don’t trade for stuff they already have on their lanyard but the kids were sure fired up about it.

A little later we say hi to a CM manager named James. He had a half lanyard of Dopey pins. Seems he was the guy the kids were working over.

When little pin traders saw we were talking with their buddy they circled in for another shot at the remaining non Dopey pins he had. Jim was game.

In short order he had all Dopey pins and the kids had his entire non-Dopey inventory. At this point Zurg noticed the same phenomenon he notice when the kids were playing with Bell Service’s balloons. I couldn’t tell who was having more fun the kids or the Cast, a sure sign of outstanding customer service.

PA280133_small.JPG
(larger image here - you can see he's wearing the BadShoe.com pin and a bunch of Dopeys))
Jim was awarded and BadShoe.com pin. When he heard it was a pin Cast Member could only get for providing our family with magic service he smiled and said, “Well if we are handing out things we aren’t supposed to trade here. We aren’t meant to give these away.” He took of his Epcot food and wine festival badge and placed it in Zurg’s hand. (Zurgswife snatched it so fast Zurg wasn’t sure it ever actually touched Zurg’s palm.).

We put the pin on a little card, it looks like this:

pincard_small.JPG

Jim read it and laughed. He said he hoped we were giving out a lot of pins. I like a manager who has a positive sense of humor about his people providing great service. From what we learned then and as we asked other CMs about him Jim leads by example.

Well Jim, I am sure you will be happy to know you are one of many Cast Members with a BadShoe.com pin.

We watched Illumninations with hung out with SSB (over a few beers.). It was Monday night. The Zurgs were in the Grove and things would only get better.

Magic.

Zurg's Halloween Act I: On the Road Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act II: On the Road Yet Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act III: Boardwalk!
Zurg's Halloween Act IV: MNSSHP - The Quest for Candy!
Zurg's Halloween Act V: Beers with SSB and other Adventures
Zurg's Halloween VI - Oliver Twist
Zurg's Halloween VII - A Box of Money?
Zurg's Halloween Act VIII: Almost Perfect
Zurg's Halloween Act IX: It Rains a Lot in the UK

and the rest of the clan......isn't it great to tell someone they are great........I met ssb a year ago and even gave him a moose coffee cup....after all what else is Maine known for.....besides lobster......thanks so muich for your great report......waving hi to mrs. zurg and the zurgettes.......

I would like to start campaigning to vacation with the Zurgs and the mini-Zurgs. Too much fun!!!! (I still have my BadShoe.com card that Zurg's alter ego Bennet gave me in September)

Can't wait for the rest of the trip to be published! This is great!

I am slowly getting the pictures up.
Figured out the new ip issue last night.

Heavy work demands I'll try to get some more pitcures & trip reports linked soon

SSB is such a great guy and lots of fun too :)

I love your little pins and cards. What a great idea.

OH MY GOSH!!! Jim, he was my first homeroom manager five years ago, ja! He iz a really great guy. He helped me out a lot, ja! I am so happy you got to meet him. I will haf to ask him about his BadShoe pin if I run into him again. I was so surprised when I saw his picture, ja!

Can I pick the good people out or what?

more to come soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter