Zurg's Halloween Act IX: It Rains a Lot in the UK

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
Kelley has a lot of homework to do. The rest of the gang isn’t much in the way of help. They had too much fun being struck by lightening twice at Magic Kingdom in the morning to settle down.

We make tour books for the Kids to take to Epcot. Like passports in steroids. We have pictures, maps and flag sticker and statistics on each country from the CIA (Zurg has connections.)

Connors homework is to take his book around and talk with people from other countries. Zurg takes the younger three for a short road trip over to Epcot so Kelley can have little peace to work. We used to take the books to the Kidcot stations and try to strike up conversations. This has been iffy at best. Too many people trying to get a quick passport stamp and run off to get a conversation going.

Zurg’s new strategy is to pick on CMs doing retail work. They like little break from retail work and they are entertaining guests right?

A few years ago we met one of the sweetest people in the world doing this. Kelley started talking with a young woman from Morocco as she came off the greeting desk. She took the time to sit down and talked about her homeland for a good half hour. Kelley was very impressed. In fact she has chosen Morocco as the country she would like to do a 6th grade project on mostly because of this interaction.

Zurg is pleased that Kelley has formed such a positive attitude about Morocco. It is an Islamic nation and Islamic nations aren’t exactly getting positive media play these days. Zurg is of the opinion that there are a few million nice folks for every lunatic out there. So it is great to have a fist thought of Morocco to be a wonderful person. It keeps perspective.

Anyway I digress. We were doing the Epcot books thing with three kids in tow. Delaney wants to start with Canada. Canada is Delaney’s favorite county. It was the first ‘other’ flag that she recognized and points it out when ever she see it. I’m not sure she understands it is a country and that countries are more than Epcot pavilions but she is 5 and it is a step in the right direction.

We cruise Canada looking for some bored retail Cast Members. There they are at the Beaver Tail stand. We strike up a conversation and in no time three different CMs are flipping through our books checking out the pictures and maps of their Great White Northland home.

The Canadians are having a good time. The kids are having a good time learning a little about Canada. Zurg is feeling good about all of it.

Next stop UK. Zurg is walking past the Beatles cart when he notices two things. One the Cast are discreetly shooting guests (with water) then making comments about it always raining in the UK. Two a name tag: Simon.

Zurg gets on the radio to the command center (Yes the radios reach from UK to inside Boardwalk), “Zurg to Zurgswife. Was Simon the name of the guy who works in Epcot at UK, who’s Mom left a post on the DIS Con board trying to get people to say Hi to him?”
“Yes”
“Roger.”
“What no Bowie song.”
“That was Act VI – Zurg out.”

Zurg approaches the suspect, keeping a wary eye on the squirt bottle hidden behind his back. Simon continues to torture some sweet little old lady with the water bottle. Zurg remains dry. Simon can sense that Zurg would find a way to fire back.

“Hello Simon. Your Mum wanted me to say Hi.” Zurg wonders if Mom knows about the water bottle. He thinks not.
P1010189_small.JPG

One other Disser has said Hi to him. I told him to expect a bunch more in early December.We have a great chat with Simon. The kids learn about the Chunnel. It is right out side Simon’s window at home.

The kids have a good time and Simon seems to enjoy a relayed message form home. The kids want Simon’s squirt bottle. Zurg isn’t going to let that happen, I have seen them in space ranger spin. They would soak the tourist like we got soaked in Act VII.
P1010185_small.JPG

Come to think of it we got the wettest around the UK. Zurg wonders if Simon has access to the fire hose. (Zurg humbly suggest that DIS Con participants wishing to pass on a hello to Simon bring some form of watery defense like a squirting flower.)

We leave Simon with a BadShoe pin. This puts us in a pin kind of a mood and set off on a quest for yesterday’s limited edition Halloween Pin. Score! We buy extras.

There is only so much homework you can do, even when a squirt bottle is involved.

Zurg's Halloween Act I: On the Road Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act II: On the Road Yet Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act III: Boardwalk!
Zurg's Halloween Act IV: MNSSHP - The Quest for Candy!
Zurg's Halloween Act V: Beers with SSB and other Adventures
Zurg's Halloween VI - Oliver Twist
Zurg's Halloween VII - A Box of Money?
Zurg's Halloween Act VIII: Almost Perfect
Zurg's Halloween Act IX: It Rains a Lot in the UK

ROFL - too funny - glad you met up with Simon - thanks for posting!

Awwwww. So this is how a "functional family" does Disney....very interesting. I've been so busy with Mom that I only check the DIS for Zurg reports these days. I'm enjoying!:wave:

Hey Jennymouse, glad we give you a smile. all the best to you.

Good thing "functional" is in quotes. - LOL

I'm anxious to meet Simon. Great trip report, Majesty

What a great way to do homework. Love your reports.

I've really enjoyed reading all these reports. It's great to see so much magic. I have one question though, where's the rest of the reports? I know you have one more day, Halloween on the Boardwalk, opening MK, driving home. Did you do a final report????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter