• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zurg's Halloween Act III: Boardwalk!

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
(Zurg's site - BadShoe.com is experiencing technical difficulties. I'll link picture when it is back up. )

Boardwalk!
<bgsound src="http://badshoe.com/I%20am%20zurg%20supreem.wav" loop="1">
Once again Boardwalk rises as a castle before us. Home!

We off load slightly more cargo than a container ship. The room isn’t ready but we don’t expect it till 4:00 and it doesn’t matter we head to the pool.

The Heart of Darkness is behind us. I vow never to ever drive in US 17 again in my life.

We are in Disney World!

Pardon my manners; I forgot to introduce the cast.

Your humble narrator is Zurg, aka Bennet. Author of the Dan, RoutemanDan Mini Series (An Unathorized Trip Report) on the Community Board.

Zurgswife would be Zurg’s wife, Kimball.

The kids are DD1: Kelley 11, DS1: Blair 10, DS2: Connor almost 9 and DD2: Delaney 5.

Zurgswife has a friend joining us. Mary is from DC. Mary flew. Mary is smart.

Mary arrives at the Boardwalk at the same time we do. She was still asleep in DC when we left Savanna. Airtran is looking better all the time.

P1010069_small.JPG

What the heck this is looking good.

Zurgswife and Mary head out for provisions. While they are at the local food store Zurg plays air hockey and games in the community hall. Every hour or so, we touch base with the front desk to see if the room is ready. After ice cream it is.

We are looking forward to a great trip. We have made BadShoe.com trading pins to give to Cast Members who provide outstanding service. Al from bell service is about to earn one while Zurg has to remind himself that he’s on vacation and he need’s to chill on the Evil Emperor instincts to have annoying people exterminated.

We are assigned room 2111 or something like that. The kid’s and I head to the room while Al tries to move the worlds most over loaded luggage cart. Entering the studio side of the two bed room Zurg breaths deeply looking around at the room…

…Ack… what is that smell? …choke… …It seems so recent... I know North Carolina Paper Mill ! This is such a smoking room that the walls ooze nicotine.

DS has strong allergies this doesn’t work. We need the no smoking we mad a reservation for. Zurg heards the kids out before the smell puts Blair into anaphylactic shock.

We meet Al in the hall way. He says he will see if another room is available. Worst case they can spray the room. Zurg mentions the allergies and isn’t joking about the potential reactions. Never fear Al is on the mission. We remember Al from some other situation but it isn’t exactly clear yet.

We go back to the lobby and resume playing with the Bell Services stand. The guys there make balloons, long ones like the ones clowns make hats and little dogs out of. They are shooting them at a group of kids and my boys jump right in and play too.

Soon Bell services has balloons flying around the Bell desk as an army of kids try to spring them back at their attackers. I think Bell services are having more fun than the kids. They are winning too.

Some internally absorbed yuppie, twenty something, self appointed do gooder comes over to Zurg, looks at the kids and Bell Service playing and says that Zurg needs to control his kids better. Zurg is about to share his concern that the kids are missing the Bell Services ‘enemy’ way to often and need some shooting coaching, but that isn’t what she means.

Zurg considers the scenario:
1) It is a Disney World hotel. (Hint: Happies place on Earth)
2) Some of the kids are mine.
3) The kids can only shoot the balloons a few feet. Bell Services is blasting them.
4) Bell Services are wearing white name tags so they are Disney Cast Members.
5) Bell Service are in a good position to judge what is appropriate in their lobby and they started it.
6) CMs entertaining kids at WDW! What has the world come to!?! (Okay they were entertaining themselves too.)

Zurg’s natural instincts are leaning toward a good laugh and laser blaster. Another parent, who is apparently unrelated to any of the involved, does the eye roll as if to say, “You should blast her but the paper work for that on this planet is enough to ruin a good vacation.”

Zurg silently agrees. Zurg hopes Ms. internally absorbed yuppie, twenty something, self appointed do gooder has a fun in Fantasyland. Al shows up with the key to a new room. 3069. Right off the elevator overlooking the drive. The kids spot Mom and Mary returning with bags of food from the balcony.

Mom recognized Al from a prior trip. The batteries in our room’s lock died. We were coming back from the pool all wet and couldn’t get in. Al had found towels to keep the kids warm while we waited for engineering to figure out that with dead batteries the master key doesn’t work.

al_small.JPG

Al earns the first BadShoe.com “Thank Shoe” pin.

Not only for making the quick room swap but also for getting us away from the yuppie. Zurg had to wonder if she was disappointed that only a few kids left with Zurg and the rest stayed to play with Bell services.

Zurg’s sister is also at Boardwalk. (there is another one at AKL too) She stops in dressed as the fairy godmother to recruit a few kids to help talk uncle Bob into putting on a costume. No problem - we send the boys. I give her a radio to catch up with us in the park.

We get into our costumes to head out to MNSSHP.

Copy%20of%20P1010005_small.JPG

We see Al in the lobby. He is shooting balloons with the other guys. He has the pin on and stops firing balloons long enough to take our picture.

The other Bell guys are asking about Al’s pin and want one too. Zurg considers if torturing Ms. Yuppie qualifies as outstanding customer service as we catch the bus to MK.

The young Buzz Lightyears in the bus are initially concerned about a half dozen Zurgs getting on but quickly warm up and pretend to shoot the biggest Zurg with their lasers.

I die grotesquely a quite few times.

Life is good.

Zurg's Halloween Act I: On the Road Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act II: On the Road Yet Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act III: Boardwalk!
Zurg's Halloween Act IV: MNSSHP - The Quest for Candy!
Zurg's Halloween Act V: Beers with SSB and other Adventures
Zurg's Halloween VI - Oliver Twist
Zurg's Halloween VII - A Box of Money?
Zurg's Halloween Act VIII: Almost Perfect
Zurg's Halloween Act IX: It Rains a Lot in the UK

and I have met a few of those 20 something just out of college yuppe types.....thanks so much for your report......you made my day

as always - a pleasure to read your reports! I get such vivid images from your descriptions! off to read more - thanks for posting

You did a great job on the costumes, Zurgy! Would you stop by and make some curtains for my daughter's bedroom, please? ;)

Your links crack me up! :teeth:

What fun! These reports are very entertaining :) Love the sound effects :teeth:

Zurg considers if torturing Ms. Yuppie qualifies as outstanding customer service as we catch the bus to MK.

Oh I think it definitely does!!!!

Great report...you have a great knack of putting your reader into the scene. THANKS!!!!

Originally posted by okwoodsmith
Oh I think it definitely does!!!!

Great report...you have a great knack of putting your reader into the scene. THANKS!!!!

Thank okwoodsmith.

A lot of the time I wish you were all there to play. This is, of course, why Dis Con exists.

The young Buzz Lightyears in the bus are initially concerned about a half dozen Zurgs getting on but quickly warm up and pretend to shoot the biggest Zurg with their lasers

ROFLMHO, this is so funny Zurg, I can't wait to met you all at Discon! Your costumes are fantastic!

Emma

LOL! Great costumes.

BTW, I love Al!!!!! I may have to ditch DH, and run over to the BoardWalk to find him! ;)

Why are those Ms Yuppies allowed in WDW that's what I'd like to know - you just wanna turn around and say to them "have a Disney Day now!"

Fabulous costumes - you excelled yourself your supreme emperor or whatever you call your self :)

I love your trip reports!! I'm laughing my caboose off as i type!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter