• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zumba

ajwolfe

DIS Veteran
So I used to take a Zumba class in my area, but the instructor quit so that was the end of that. After that I bought a zumba game to play on the Xbox 360 at home and enjoy it. Although I would like to try a new/different version. I'm hoping there is a budget friendly zumba dvd out there that has some newer music or potentially more Americanized music and is a good workout. Anyone got any ideas? It's not that I don't like the Lation/Bollywood style dances/music but I have plenty of that on the xbox game and would like something else to mix in with it.

Thanks!!

I don't know of a dvd but if you want to use YouTube for free, look up dance fitness with Jessica. She's a girl out of Knoxville who has gone viral with her routines and posts a lot of songs on YouTube. She was a Zumba instructor but now has her own brand. All her songs are the latest music out there and very good. You can also pay a flat fee every month and live stream her classes.

I'm following! I absolutely loved Zumba and lost a ton of weight doing it 3-4 times a week and made so many friends....then we moved out of town for 4 months while we remodeled our home that we just bought and lo and behold I never was able to find a group that worked that great for me. I've tried ZUMBA on the wii and just can't get into it and I have tried a class at the Y but I didn't like the instructor as much.

You Tube! Check out Zumba with Dr. Amy (she was my teacher before she abandoned us for a "real" job and moved away! :D Amazing)

So for those of you using YouTube, how do you format an entire workout off that?

Also if you have a gaming system consider Just Dance. I danced growing up and find its a quick way to get in a workout as I don't have to think about moves or pick songs. Some versions have different features too that lend themselves to working out, like where you pick a time frame for them to string a few together or rank the songs by how aerobic they are. There are typically a few recent pop/hip-hop songs chosen each year.

I also have you tubed workouts before and found that the free ones can get the job done.

Try your local library. Mine has 3 different full-set versions of Zumba alone. (lots of other dance instruction and workout DVDs too).

So for those of you using YouTube, how do you format an entire workout off that?

I use my former teacher and one of my current teachers, so I know which are warm-ups, etc - I just mix them up as I want. Guess you'd have to watch a bunch then figure it out? Is there an easy way?

Also if you have a gaming system consider Just Dance. I danced growing up and find its a quick way to get in a workout as I don't have to think about moves or pick songs.

I also have you tubed workouts before and found that the free ones can get the job done.

We do have several versions of Just Dance and I play those on occasion. They are definitely a good workout if you do it for 30-45 minutes straight and really put in some effort.

I add the videos I like to a Zumba playlist in my YouTube account and do my workout from that. You can also subscribe to instructors you like and do a workout through all of their videos. If you have a smart TV or dvd player, Fire TV stick, etc. you can do it right on your tv, no trying to watch on a laptop!

Try your local library. Mine has 3 different full-set versions of Zumba alone. (lots of other dance instruction and workout DVDs too).
Besides DVDs, some libraries offer free classes. Two in my area offer free Zumba and Yoga, and you don't even have to live in their town!

I love Zumba and hip-hop dance, and my favorite YouTube channel is Live Love Party TV, which offers videos choreographed to Latin as well as pop/top 40 hits. I can do a handful of those and feel like I got a really great workout!

I love Zumba and hip-hop dance, and my favorite YouTube channel is Live Love Party TV, which offers videos choreographed to Latin as well as pop/top 40 hits. I can do a handful of those and feel like I got a really great workout!

So I checked a few of these out of over lunch and this is exactly what I was looking for. Now I just need to figure out how to make a playlist of them on our smart tv downstairs and I'll be in good shape. Thanks!!

So I checked a few of these out of over lunch and this is exactly what I was looking for. Now I just need to figure out how to make a playlist of them on our smart tv downstairs and I'll be in good shape. Thanks!!

Oh, good! I'm glad you like them. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter