• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

zumba

findmewdw

Mouseketeer
I am thinking about ordering zumba, either DVD or on theWii. I know there was a thread last year about this. Wondering if people who loved it then, still love it. Do you get bored with it? Which would be better, the DVD program or the Wii?

I go to Zumba at least 4 times a week and so this is where my review is coming from. I have done the tapes...I didn't care for them, I found them hard to follow for some reason. I now have the Wii version and I love it. I can follow it really easy and I do it about 3 times a week in addition to the classes I go to.

I go to Zumba 3 times a week and love it. I got the Wii Zumba for Christmas and have done it several times and like it. It is pretty easy to follow and the dance steps are ones I am familar with.

I do the Wii when I can't make it to a class for whatever reason.

I found Zumba videos on youtube. I created a playlist that is about 45 mins long, I have them run one right after the other. Best of all...it's free!

I have been wanting to try Zumba and got the game for my Wii. It came with a belt to wear while playing so I don't have to hold remote. I LOVE it!

I take a Zumba class 3 times a week and love it. I recently bought the Zumba Wii game and it is just like the classes, very easy to follow.

i'm also a zumba regular, i do it every week and love it! i didn't know that wii had one out, i will have to get that! i also do the exercises on demand that are free! i like the youtube idea too!

I found Zumba videos on youtube. I created a playlist that is about 45 mins long, I have them run one right after the other. Best of all...it's free!

Oooh ~ would you mind sharing that playlist with me?? You could PM me if you'd prefer.

I bought myself the Wii Zumba for Christmas and LOVE IT!!! I had been going to a Zumba class but since I live out of town it was a pain for me to go into town...between running the roads for the kids, pets, hubby, grandparents and whatever else came up. The Wii game is much like the classes and I have found it to be as intense as I want to make it. Just make sure you purchase the one that has the waist belt with it...

Funny story about the first time I opened it...DS thought it was a new "game" and was bugging me to "play" it with him. I tried to explain that it wasn't a "game" but he insisted...Child only lasted 10 min. Turned and looked at me and said "this is not a good game mom...you can play it by yourself!" :lmao:

An instructor here! Obviously, I love the live class, but I've been dying to get the Wii version, just for me. I have the dvds and they are okay, but I think the Wii will make it A LOT more fun! Now if I just had the time!;)

Oooh ~ would you mind sharing that playlist with me?? You could PM me if you'd prefer.

Here's the one I'm using now (youtube user name first):
1. (Jendelorenzi) I've gotta feeling - warm up song
2. (napapana) Zumba!!!
3 - 6. (thefusion3) a bunch of different songs from Pink, Usher, Rhianna, etc
7. (Zumbair) African inspired cool down song

The whole list takes about 40 mins to run through

I like the fact that I can do this whenever I want and I don't have to rush to make it to a scheduled class. I still do a "real" class about once/week or so. But this gives me a great workout. I sweat more from the youtube stuff than I do from the regular class.

Here's the one I'm using now (youtube user name first):
1. (Jendelorenzi) I've gotta feeling - warm up song
2. (napapana) Zumba!!!
3 - 6. (thefusion3) a bunch of different songs from Pink, Usher, Rhianna, etc
7. (Zumbair) African inspired cool down song

The whole list takes about 40 mins to run through

I like the fact that I can do this whenever I want and I don't have to rush to make it to a scheduled class. I still do a "real" class about once/week or so. But this gives me a great workout. I sweat more from the youtube stuff than I do from the regular class.

Hmmm ~ I searched for #1 and got this ~ http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=+(Jendelorenzi)+I've+gotta+feeling+-+warm+up+song
Is this #2 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4
For #3-6 ~ I didn't get anything specific, I found Fusion3 ~ but not Usher Pink etc..
And #7 ~ no luck
How 'bout you post direct links - please :flower3:

me too on the links! I was going to a class but with 4 kids and their events, I just can't make it any more. I had no idea there was one for the Wii. I will have to check it out.

We just got Zumba for our Wii after Christmas. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! The steps are easy (although it's very fast paced) and a great workout. I was going to order the DVDs but when I read the reviews it said they were in Spanish and then translated. I knew that would drive me crazy.

I'm hoping this whips me into shape before we go to Disney in June!

I have the DVDs and they are not in Spanish.
http://www.zumba.com/us/

I just went to my first class and found it a lot easier then the DVDs. I love the DVDs. I had been wondering about the Wii game and am glad to hear positive reviews.

sub! Thanks for the links! I haven't been able to get to onea real class lately!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter