• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zucchini recipes please!

leahjade

DIS Veteran
Have an overabundance that I don't want to waste. No breads or cakes but would love some main dish and side dish recipes, thanks!

Make zucchini "noodles" using a julienne peeler. Saute them in a bit of olive oil, coconut oil, or butter. Great with meatballs!

How about Zucchini Parmesan (make just like eggplant or chicken parm), for a main dish. For a side dish - I make this quite often, this time of year- cut zucchini into strips, sprinkle with olive oil, garlic & sea salt. You can, also, sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese. Put under broiler. I like it slightly firm and golden brown.

This sounds bizarre, but as a vegetarian who loves BBQ, it's amazing! Thinly slice them length wise. Brush both sides with olive oil and put on a grill basket type thing. Sprinkle with BBQ seasoning. Cook on grill, flip and brush with BBQ sauce. We all love them!

Ratatouille, just like the movie!

If you wind up with some really huge squash, time to use them as lawn dart targets...

I saute it with some onion in olive oil. Add Italian seasoning or whatever you like, then at the end some chopped tomatoes for a few minutes. I use it on pasta instead of sauce with some Parmesan cheese.

Slice, egg wash then in bread crumbs then bake until desired softness. Top with some jarred spaghetti sauce and parm cheese. I've been living on that this summer!!

I made zucchinni pancakes the other night.

Shredded zucchinni some chopped onion, 2 eggs, and about 6 tablespoons of flour, S&P. Sauteed in some veggie oil on both sides until browned and drained on a paper towel before serving..

Zucchini applesauce:

6 apples- peeled, cored and diced
1 zucchini- peeled and diced
1/4 cup water
Place all ingredients in a saucepan, cover and cook until tender. Purée in blender or food processor. We love zucchini applesauce around here!

Grilled Italian Zucchini Sandwiches

2 zucchinis, peeled and sliced long way about 1/4 inch thick
French bread
Mozzarella cheese
Pasta sauce
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper

Drizzle zucchini with olive oil, grill until tender, salt and pepper. Place on bread and top with pasta sauce and cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is melted.

Our favorite way is cooked with olive oil, a chopped up onion, and red pepper flakes. We have also done the baked slices dipped in egg and bread crumbs.

For a meal with zucchini, I make pasta primavera with zucchini, carrots, broccoli with olive oil, spices, and fresh parm cheese. Saute them together, add the cheese and serve over pasta. DH likes grilled chicken thrown in too.

i used to grow zucchini. i grilled it often, my mother like it sauteed with just butter and onions. i used to julienne it and cook it with pasta sauce, or just extra roma tomatoes which i also grew and spices. i also sometimes used a roasted red pepper soup as the sauce. i chopped it up and used it also in a veggie soup, again could use my fresh herbs and some of the tomatoes from my garden. i also like ratatouille. i made some last week after a trip to whole foods and have been putting that in my thermos to eat for lunch. i have done it the traditional way all cubed up, and yes i tried it like the movie with thing slices in a casserole dish. both taste good, the movie way is fancy if you are serving others.

i have had paid thai recently made with zucchini instead of rice pasta and it was great! all the flavor and none of the guilt of eating a bowl full of rice noodles.

i loved my zucchini but it turns you into Bubba, zucchini soup, zucchini pasta, zucchini gumbo...:lmao:

CTdiznymom said:
I made zucchinni pancakes the other night.

Shredded zucchinni some chopped onion, 2 eggs, and about 6 tablespoons of flour, S&P. Sauteed in some veggie oil on both sides until browned and drained on a paper towel before serving..

I love these as well.....I also make this variation

2 cups shredded zucchini
2 eggs
1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredds, parmigiano cheese, and mashed potatoe flakes.
S&P and cayenne pepper

Let sit 5 mins or so to allow liquid to be absorbed by dry ingredients. Then spoon into small blobs and pan fry until golden on each side.

Can yellow squash be used the same as zucchini? We were given a bunch and kind of tired of it grilled...

Last night my mom made a light version of Zucchini parm. She breaded the zucchini and sautéed them in extra virgin olive oil. Then she placed them in a casserole dish with sauce, and parm cheese instead of mozzarella. It came out good and was a nice addition to our dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter