Zombies and Dole Whips and Rain...OH MY

Day 12
Weather: Hot and then crazy rain
Best Thing: Getting to go to HHN again tomorrow
Worst Thing: crazy rain
Funniest Thing: Marco touched my **** when we were getting our picture made by a Photopass photographer
New Thing: Rock shrimp app and Choc pecan pie
Magical Thing: Man found Marco’s googles after they were swept off in the Typhoon

We decided to sleep in, do laundry and swim at the pool. We headed to Epcot and had lunch at Le Cellier. I had the rock shrimp app, the mushroom filet and the deconstructed pecan pie (YUM). DH had the sausage, burger and the crème brulee.
IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

In the afternoon, we went back to the room and booked Flying Fish for that night and also called Universal about upgrading our tickets so we could go to Halloween Horror Nights again (and we did – score!). We went to Typhoon Lagoon, showered and headed to Flying Fish. It was raining like crazy- we used valet so we wouldn’t have to swim. I was told at the Segway tour to be sure to check out the castles above the Boardwalk check in (for Disney World, Disneyland in California and Paris).

Didi was our waiter at the Flying Fish, who was just wonderful. I had the crab cake, filet and cheesecake. DH had the calamari, filet and the banana napoleon.
DSC_9373_zps34a5f04c.jpg

DSC_9375_zps59b99f3e.jpg

DSC_9376_zpsc1a24db7.jpg

DSC_9381_zps8340aec0.jpg

DSC_9383_zpscd9eb900.jpg

DSC_9385_zpsf3faffeb.jpg

DSC_9386_zps3a264d0c.jpg

DSC_9388_zpsaafe1772.jpg

DSC_9390_zpsab895a54.jpg

DSC_9391_zps5ae64129.jpg

DSC_9411_zpsb86b9e5d.jpg

After dinner, we headed to Epcot for EMH.

Day 13
Weather: Hot
Best Thing: Getting to see Gothic house again
Worst Thing: Lines at HHN
Funniest Thing: Getting the same score again at TSM
New Thing: Unlocking a new screen in TSM
Magical Thing: After the harness got stuck during RnR, the cast member let us get right back on...too cool

We got up and headed to DHS for EMH. We headed right for Toy Story Mania and did the get a FP and get in line. We cannot seem to get any other scores other than DH being a cat and me being a beaver. We rode a few rides and then went to lunch at the Brown Derby.

I had the shrimp appetizer, cobb salad as entrée and the grapefruit cake. DH had the crab cake app, chicken and banana dessert.

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

We then headed back to our room for a long nap, swim and shower.

We went to Wolfgang Puck for dinner- I had the chinois salad, DH had the spaghetti and we both had crème brule before heading to Universal for HHN.

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

We liked the event so much, I called the following week and the agent on the phone upgraded our S&S to a Rush of Fear. We went straight to Silent Hill and there were even more scareactors this time. We waited about 30 minutes.

Then we headed to Gothic, which I loved and it was even better the second time around. Instead of being on the look out for bad guys, I saw and enjoyed the house. The last gargoyle on a wire is absolutely incredible. The wait said 20 minutes- well it was more than an hour.

By the time we got out, Dead End was at 80 minutes. Sigh. I looked at my watch and it was almost 9. I suggested we walk through the scarezones (these were the weakest....not really themes at all...and we saw the chainsaw prison ladies marching twice...but never fired up the chainsaws...maybe because of the high price of gas??:rotfl:)

We also watched the "show" on the water. We decided to go see the 20 Penny Circus, which was just OK. If I had it to do over again, I would have skipped this and waited in the long line for the Walking Dead. We headed to the Penn and Teller area...that was also a crazy line. We decided to ride MIB. We checked out the wait times on the rest of the houses (75 minutes plus) and walked through the rest of the scare zones. I suggested going back to Alice or trying the Walking Dead, but it was midnight and hubby was tired and our flight was the next day.

Sad to say we reached the last day of our trip. We slept in, finished packing, ate breakfast at The Wave and the headed for the airport.

IMG_0380.jpg

We are headed back for a short visit in December.

Thanks for reading my report!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter