Zombies and Dole Whips and Rain...OH MY

Lizboo

Travel Nut
Hello and welcome to our trip report. We have been back not quite a week from our 2 weeks in Orlando and yes, I am in that depressed post-Disney state. I thought writing our trip report would make me happy and help another DISer possibly. This was the second year we used a Passporter, which asks daily what the weather is like, the most magical experience of the day, best experience, worst, etc. I will start off each day with what we recorded.

SO…here’s a little about the characters- Elizabeth (42) and my hubby Marco (42). Since 2000, we have been heading to Orlando at least once and sometimes twice a year. We have stayed several different places and tried lots of great restaurants.

39747440002_zps058c818f.jpg

39747440001_zps0793ea34.jpg

39747440000_zps98625ec6.jpg

Details of this year
Dates: Sept 15-29
Resort: Caribbean Beach resort
Celebrating: 15th wedding anniversary

Getting there

We normally have the 6 am flight on a Sunday, but it was much cheaper to take the Saturday early evening flight, so off we go. Everything went really smoothly. So much so that our flight landed at 11:30 and just over 30 minutes later, we were in the rental car on the way to the resort (how great was that). We checked in (completely painless- took about 5 minutes with online check in) and I noticed the lobby smelled like coconut and pineapple. Very Cool.

We had an awesome room in Trinidad North, right around the corner from a quiet pool/laundry and there was a parking spot so close to our room. Our room was on the ground floor, which hubby loved but since I read on the DIS about snakes getting into rooms, I was not thrilled with, but it turns out everything was OK.

After thoroughly checking the room (for you know, snakes and cleanliness), we headed to bed.

Day 1
Weather: Hot and humid
Best Thing: Narcoossee’s dinner and hearing my best friend had the dogs
Worst Thing: Screaming kid on Pirates of the Caribbean
Funniest Thing: Look on the face of the guy sitting in front of said screaming kid
New Thing: Saw the new circus area at Magic Kingdom
Magical Thing: Champagne at dinner

We slept until just after 8 am and packed up for the day. We headed to Whispering Canyon Café for breakfast (I had OJ and the eggs Benedict and DH had a mango smoothie and the special of banana bread French toast). It was yummy and as usual, the restaurant was loud and crazy.
IMG_3456_zps001a1e97.jpg

IMG_3454_zps6ce4017a.jpg

I gave Humphry a pat on the nose for good luck before leaving.

IMG_3460_zpsecdd227b.jpg

We headed to Epcot and went to Soarin to get Fast Passes (FP). As we were leaving, a lady approached us and asked if we wanted FP to ride right now. How cool is that- yes we do. We often give away FPs, so I guess this was karma. LOVE that ride. We rode Living with the Land and headed to the Mexican pavilion, which is where we always have our first meal. We had time to ride the Grand Fiesta ride before lunch at San Angel.

I had a blood orange margarita, a Mexican shrimp cocktail/ceviche, chicken enchildas and Crema Bavaria for dessert. DH had the tortilla soup, a chicken breast entrée with sauce and I’m not really sure what he had for dessert (rice pudding would be my guess).

Here is what is on our receipt: Sopa Azteca, Coctel Camaron, Crema Bavaria, Enchilada Pollo, Natilla Cajeta and Pollo Las Rajas.
DSC_7769_zpsd3f0839f.jpg

DSC_7768_zps18f2450b.jpg

DSC_7767_zps91a51aeb.jpg

Before leaving Epcot, we rode Mission Space Orange and used our FP for Soarin. Then we headed to Magic Kingdom for the afternoon parade. Right after the parade, we headed back to the resort for an afternoon break (pool/nap/shower).
DSC_7850_zps60307ce3.jpg

DSC_7863_zps97de7625.jpg

We had an 8:00 reservation for Narcoossee’s, which was yummy as usually and we had an awesome waitress named Maura). We had a champagne toast at the beginning of the meal and I had the Oyster app, the Lobster and the Almond cheesecake. DH had a season salad (peach I think), surf and turf (which they changed this year) and the strawberry shortcake. All of it was yummy and I loved watching Wishes from there with the piped in music.
DSC_7904_zpse645d338.jpg

DSC_7894_zps1628ca05.jpg

DSC_7895_zps3d4e02c6.jpg

DSC_7896_zps7fb37630.jpg

DSC_7897_zps6c70f177.jpg

DSC_7898_zps08cc752e.jpg

DSC_7919_zps9744b7e7.jpg

Afterwards we headed to MK for EMH and we rode Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion and Pirates. I had my first Dole Whip (which I love) and hubby got his first Goofy Gummies (which is his addiction).
IMG_3471_zpsc594018a.jpg

IMG_3470_zps6f84cb0f.jpg

We headed back to the room and went to bed just before 1 am.

Day 2
Weather: Hot, humid and sticky
Best Thing: Awesome animal interaction on Kilimanjaro Safari
Worst Thing: Noise level at Tusker House
Funniest Thing: Giraffe trying to stick its head in our jeep
New Thing: Sweet and sour chicken at Yak and Yeti
Magical Thing: Animals, getting Jay as our waiter at Flying Fish again and Mulch, Sweat and Shears

Despite the late night before, we were up early to head to Animal Kingdom for EMH. We headed to the safari ride, got a FP and then got in line. We had a giraffe try and stick its head in our jeep. SO cool. As we passed the flamingos, a giraffe crossed right in front of our jeep and made us stop for at least 10 minutes (until a giraffe “wrangler” came and got her). It was really great. The second ride was also great, but nothing compared to the interactions on the first ride.

DSC_7989_zps55b3f8ca.jpg

DSC_7984_zpsa15e9ce2.jpg

DSC_7930_zps2e56562f.jpg

DSC_7950_zps0d4fd7f2.jpg

DSC_7975_zpsc49c1229.jpg

DSC_7981_zps1b1eef75.jpg

DSC_8007_zpsf86e8cf8.jpg

DSC_8024_zps4a290e27.jpg

DSC_8080_zps1c717da6.jpg

We then headed to Tusker House for breakfast. Despite the fact we don’t have kids, we like a character breakfast or two to get some great pictures and I love the ham and mustard sauce at Tusker House. BUT MAN it was super loud. So much so we hurried through breakfast and got out of the madness.
DSC_8091_zps7138d5d0.jpg

DSC_8092_zpsa1423ef2.jpg

We then went to get a Dinosaur FP, went to see Nemo (my fav show on property), used FP and rode Dinowhirl.
DSC_8127_zps12c58284.jpg

We got a FP for Expedition Everest and Yak and Yeti was our next destination for lunch (I know there are mixed reviews, but we really like it). We split the lettuce cups, I had the sweet and sour chicken, DH had the Kobe burger and we spilt the wontons. Yummy.
DSC_8199_zps051d24d4.jpg

DSC_8204_zpsddd62dfc.jpg

DSC_8205_zps62f7d058.jpg

DSC_8207_zpsbbd7d263.jpg

We used our FP at Expedition Everest and the girl who was supposed to collect them was distracted fixing her hair…so we got to go twice (hee hee). Around 2 pm, we left for our afternoon break.

We went to my fav restaurant for dinner. I love Flying Fish not only for the food, but the amazing service (Jay, Ruggerio and Didi). Jay was our waiter years ago (he was training Ruggerio who waited on us last year) and we asked for him again. He was just as wonderful as I remembered. I had the tuna app, steak and PB&J crème brulee (everything was yummy). DH had the crab cake, steak and choclate dessert. Jay also brought us a cold soup amuse bouchee and also a sorbet between courses. SO YUMMY!
DSC_8211_zpsfbc40173.jpg

DSC_8212_zpsdc2ffc63.jpg

DSC_8213_zps3fc38c4a.jpg

DSC_8214_zpsee9bf596.jpg

DSC_8215_zps60274684.jpg

DSC_8217_zps7ffd2e11.jpg

DSC_8218_zpsf7494bfa.jpg

DSC_8219_zps0bad3ce5.jpg

Headed to DHS for EMH (one of my fav parks at night) and we rode: Tower of terror, Muppets, Star Tours twice and we were headed out when we saw Mulch, Sweat and Shears- who we love. DH is a musician and we love that they are talented and entertaining.

DSC_8237_zpsd0087195.jpg

We headed back to the room for the night afterwards.

HI... sounds like you had a great trip. Love the pics. Have to ask though, where were you for the parade?? how did you get that amazing vantage point looking down on the floats?? pixiedust: I've only been to MK twice before, and never caught one of the parades. I might try next trip, if I could have a vantage point like that. :goodvibes

HI... sounds like you had a great trip. Love the pics. Have to ask though, where were you for the parade?? how did you get that amazing vantage point looking down on the floats?? pixiedust: I've only been to MK twice before, and never caught one of the parades. I might try next trip, if I could have a vantage point like that. :goodvibes

We really did...glad you like the pics (I have lots of them).

During the parade, I am stading at the top of the railroad station on Main Street. Here's the kicker- you normally have to be there really in advance...we walked up 10 minutes before (talk about Disney Magic).pixiedust:

Great pictures and TR so far! :thumbsup2 I love how you list your Best,Worst, Favorite things on your report. I like to do that as well. I try to do it while I'm on my trip though. I tried doing a live report once and couldn't keep up with it, so I would at least list things like that and post a picture or two to satisfy my readers until I got back to do a full report. I think I might try doing that next month ?:scratchin

Congratualtions on your anniversary! Disney is the best place to celebrate!

I look forward to reading more.

Great pictures and TR so far! :thumbsup2 I love how you list your Best,Worst, Favorite things on your report. I like to do that as well. I try to do it while I'm on my trip though. I tried doing a live report once and couldn't keep up with it, so I would at least list things like that and post a picture or two to satisfy my readers until I got back to do a full report. I think I might try doing that next month ?:scratchin

Congratualtions on your anniversary! Disney is the best place to celebrate!

I look forward to reading more.

Glad you like it...its really cool because it makes you look for the good and magical things every day.

Yes, Disney brought lots of magic to anniversary #15pixiedust:

Day 3
Weather: Rainy, thunder and lightning
Best Thing: Getting two things from the Disney Florist
Worst Thing: Having to leave Typhoon Lagoon for weather
Funniest Thing: The look on Jack Sparrow’s face as I was screaming loudly
New Thing: Upgrading our tickets to Annual Passes
Magical Thing: Getting deliveries, the headless horseman and Hallowishes

We planned to sleep until our eyes opened because we knew Mickey’s Not So Scary would run late for us. The phone rings at 8:00 am. The front desk says they have been trying to deliver packages for the past 3 days but we constantly have the Privacy sign up. I asked why they didn’t leave a message and they said they had (this is when I discovered that the message light on our phone didn’t work- and they had indeed left 4 messages…oh and Mickey and Minnie called to wish us a happy anniversary). Well, I knew my mom had sent me a package (she lives in NC and I live in Canada and it’s cheaper and there is no customs duty when she mails within the US). The second and third were presents from the Disney Florist. The first was wine with a wine holder and two small glasses and the second was beautiful pink and white flowers (including my fav flower lilies). Both were from DH`s boss thanking him for all the work he`s been doing lately and telling him to enjoy our vacation. So very sweet and thoughtful and I was walking on cloud nine all day from this suprize.
DSC_8242_zpsddff94a8.jpg

After getting such a great suprize, we decided to go ahead and get up. Today`s plan was to eat breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Café and then head to Typhoon Lagoon. We wanted a low key day before MNSSHP.

Breakfast at WPC for me was the yummy breakfast pizza and DH had the breakfast pocket.
IMG_0164.jpg

We headed to TL and we did the lazy river one time when an announcement came on asking everyone to get out of the water for weather. We didn`t see anything other than some clouds, but we listen. It got more cloudy really quickly. We waited around and then decided to head back to DTD, but we stopped and got DH`s pass upgraded to an AP (we are headed back in December and then again in May, so we thought this was the best idea). We were told on The DIS to upgrade only one and a time to ensure there was no issue with our Free Dining (there was no issue on either upgrade).
P1010227_zpsda4b5a4d.jpg

We did some looking around and it started to pour like crazy…insane puddles and lightning everywhere. We went to Ragland Road for lunch and decided to split a credit there so we would be hungry for Ohana that night. I had to order hot tea to warm up a little as we got soaked (even with the rain ponchos). At Ragland Road, we shared the shrimp/garlic appetizer, fish and chips and the most amazing bread and butter pudding. After lunch, we headed back to the room for a nap and shower.
P1010244_zpse559252a.jpg

P1010245_zps30ecf326.jpg

P1010248_zpsaeb0ce49.jpg

Ohana was dinner at 5 and it was yummy as ever. We had cousin Debbie, who was probably the best server we have ever had. I also got the recipe for peanut sauce. I had a Lapu Lapu and DH had a backscratcher with dinner.

DSC_8252_zpsf7776424.jpg

DSC_8254_zpsa49ea3d2.jpg

DSC_8255_zps3feab51b.jpg

DSC_8257_zps11f36aec.jpg

DSC_8258_zps88e3e0a7.jpg

DSC_8262_zps5ee3c529.jpg

DSC_8270_zps5b32c895.jpg

Then we were off to MK for MNSSHP. This is a must do on our trip. I LOVE the parade and Hallowishes are the best fireworks I have ever seen at Disney. As usual, we had an amazing time and it was more crowded than last year, but still not stupid crowded (except the character lines).
DSC_8279_zps3012d818.jpg

DSC_8300_zps4ce09e78.jpg

DSC_8312_zpsb05d1f27.jpg

DSC_8339_zps9b8da39c.jpg

DSC_8358_zps02998e3c.jpg

DSC_8377_zps0a0324d5.jpg

DSC_8389_zps0866539c.jpg

DSC_8434_zps67c4c826.jpg

DSC_8515_zps7cf52266.jpg

DSC_8533_zpscd1e2baf.jpg

DSC_8537_zps4221f72d.jpg

BTW- the Disney mobile app is pretty great. When you are in the park, it tells you the wait time and FP times for the attractions. MK and Epcot (along with our resort) have WiFi (DHS now has it as of Monday I read). Unfortunately, with WiFi, DH unplugged like he does at home..LOL
DSC_8285_zps96c99a33.jpg

Day 4
Weather: Hot, sticky and cloudy
Best Thing: Dive Quest tour
Worst Thing: Love bug invasion and problems at the start of my dive
Funniest Thing: Mike our funny Dive Quest tour guide
New Thing: Crab cake eggs benedict
Magical Thing: Watching the faces of the people as we went past them in the Epcot tank and having a shark turn around on my fins.

We started of by going to breakfast at Olivia’s at Old Key West (which we tried for the first time last year and I really liked it). When we checked in, the three girls at the counter wouldn’t stop talking to look at us…so I kept stepping closer and closer until they did. I had the pork chop and eggs and hubby tried the crab cake Benedict (and both were yummy).
DSC_8561_zpsa521a1c7.jpg

DSC_8562_zps3219e9a4.jpg

Then we headed to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and we were lucky to get to ride Toy Story Mania twice (which is really surprising since we got there 30 minutes after the park open), the Backlot tour and then headed to the Writer’s Stop. DH is addicted to the carrot cake cookie there (it is pretty darn yummy).
DSC_8581_zpse41e4af7.jpg

DSC_8591_zps582e6d00.jpg

Then we did the American Idol experience before heading to Epcot. We had a late lunch at Via Napoli (we swam there in the crazy rain and I was freezing the entire time we ate). I had the calamari, Lasagne Verde and Pistachio Gellato and DH had the cheese pizza and the Coppa Amaerna.
DSC_8597_zps18cd4eb8.jpg

DSC_8599_zps2155c53a.jpg

DSC_8602_zps683847e8.jpg

DSC_8604_zps38576e39.jpg

DSC_8605_zpsfba35520.jpg

We walked around a little before checking in for our Dive Quest tour, which allows certified divers like us to dive in the Epcot tank with all the creatures (6 sharks, rays, turtles, fish). If you have ever been in The Seas at 5:30 or 6:30, you have seen the divers doing this tour. I was overweighted and my fins were not on properly. Once I got these issues under control, the dive was amazing. One of the big sharks literally turned around on my fins. This is the second year we have done this and we LOVE interacting with the people at the windows and at the Corral Reef (DH really scared a lady sitting by the glass there). We were circled by a turtle and the rays were super friendly.

After the dive, we headed to Le Cellier for a late (yet awesome) dinner. I had the cheddar cheese soup, mushroom filet and maple crème brule. DH had the lobster salad, mushroom filet and chocolate cake. It was yummy as usual and we had a great server named Stephanie. After dinner, we watched the O Canada film and walked around the World Showcase before calling it a night.
DSC_8608_zpsc0999b37.jpg

DSC_8609_zpsa5334f19.jpg

DSC_8610_zps9da94df4.jpg

DSC_8611_zpsbb8aac96.jpg

Loving your TR! The giraffe story at the safari was just awesome!! I'm always secretly hoping we get stopped for an animal crossing, but that was incredible. Nifty pic!

Your Princess & the Frog pic is super cute, too!

Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Loving your TR! The giraffe story at the safari was just awesome!! I'm always secretly hoping we get stopped for an animal crossing, but that was incredible. Nifty pic!

Your Princess & the Frog pic is super cute, too!

Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Thanks- glad you like it

I agree...awesome pics and trip report! We just got home after 2 weeks and I'm going to try and put a TR together also, yours gives me inspiration!

Day 5
Weather: Hot, sticky and rainy
Best Thing: Relaxing at Blizzard Beach
Worst Thing: Can’t thing of anything- I got the wrong entrée at dinner, but that happens
Funniest Thing: CM at Blizzard Beach said to DH “Sir, I need you to flip your wife in 3 2 1.”
New Thing: The new version of the Hall of Presidents (the 911 part made me cry)
Magical Thing: Finding the grape soda pin from Up. DH and I don’t have kids and we have always reminded me of the couple in “Up”, but the difference is that DH and I live out our adventures (not just plan them because you never know what tomorrow will bring).

We headed to the Magic Kingdom for EMH and went to have breakfast at the Crystal Palace. It was pretty tasty (I liked the made to order omelette and the puffy French toast) and as expected, it was crazy loud. We only waited around for 2 characters (Piglet and Tigger). I really wanted to see Pooh, but it wasn’t worth sticking around.
IMG_3531_zps3c57ddef.jpg

IMG_3533_zpsb39e75b4.jpg

IMG_3536_zps005bf4be.jpg

IMG_3538_zpse555e1f4.jpg

The attractions we visited at MK were: Swiss Family Treehouse, Pirates, Tiki room, Jungle Cruise, Hall of President and Philharmagic. DH has decided this trip to go and do the attractions we haven’t done in a long time (Treehouse, Tiki and Presidents). I saw the funniest T shirt in the Pirates gift shop.
OH- and I took a pic of the FP we got for Jungle Cruise (it does now indeed say that you need to be back during the hour on the FP- there is also a sign at the top of the machine- we were 12 minutes late for a FP later and we were allowed in but given a warning). We had to get another Dole Whip (hello, I am Elizabeth and I am a Dole Whip addict- this was the 3rd one- I had one at MNSSHP). DH got his with orange soft serve and it was good, but I like the pineapple better.

IMG_3566_zps6c75845a.jpg

IMG_3572_zpsab2dab77.jpg

IMG_3596_zps03f8d5a7.jpg

IMG_3606_zpsdbf0f5af.jpg

Around 2:00 pm, we headed to Blizzard Beach to float along the lazy river (we decided that this should be the mode of travel everywhere…between attractions, getting back to your resort, whatever) minus the freezing cold cave.

We learned today that if you rent a locker anywhere and you go to another park later, you can get a locker there for free if you hold on to your receipt. How awesome is that?

At 4:30, we headed back to the room for a short nap and showers.

Dinner was at the Grand Floridian Café at 6:30. We have never been to this restaurant and we were both very pleasantly suprized. OH- on the way in, we saw a lady wearing lots of make up and sitting in the lobby with her stuffed animals (like a stack of them). We had passed her when we went to Narcoosee’s too. We asked the waitress and she said she had lost her husband, so she comes almost every night- she said she should make a crazy story about her because she gets asked about her all the time. I said she should say she’s a ghost. I had first wondered if she was there as part of the classic ambience, but the stuffed animals kinda wrecked that for me. The menu was leaning towards southern (which I am- spent my first 24 years in North Carolina) and everything was yummy. I ordered a Whiskey Sour (I haven’t had one in ages) and hubby had a beer. I had the crab cakes and DH has the French onion soup as appetizers. DH got the steak at our server’s recommendation and I got the shrimp and grits…but when they were delivered, I was given a shrimp Caesar salad. I told DH to go ahead and eat and I didn’t get mine until he was done…but it was worth the wait. My French Canadian husband still doesn’t like some southern foods that I love (collard greens, boiled peanuts, etc.) and grits is one thing. BUT MAN- these are not normal grits- they are spectacular. Made with mascarpone and wonderful with the shrimp. DH (you know, the grits hater) said he would order that himself. For the trouble with the entrees, the manager bought our drinks for us (very cool). We split the dessert sampler and DH had way too much fun biting off poor Mickey’s ears. I will definitely being going back to this restaurant and I highly recommend it.

DSC_8614_zps94de31bd.jpg

DSC_8616_zps865d6de6.jpg

DSC_8617_zpsf51a1496.jpg

DSC_8618_zps817204bf.jpg

DSC_8620_zps4c707f45.jpg

DSC_8621_zps609a59a8.jpg

DSC_8624_zpsb8f3041b.jpg

After dinner, we went to MK to the Main Street Electrical Parade (we got there late and could barely see). I think I may like this parade better if it weren’t for the silly soundtrack that sounds like an old video game. I get the sentimental part that this what was used when we were kids, but MAN I MISS SPECTROMAGIC!!

We had plans to stick around for Wishes, but it was stupid crowded and started to pour rain. We watched Wishes from the boat dock at the Grand Floridian and then went back to the resort.

On the way back, DH and I talked about how awesome the location of the resort is. We had stayed there 5 years ago and didn’t have a rental car (man having a car made such a difference) and we really liked the theming of the resort, but thought it was WAY too big. We really loved staying there this time and also appreciated how close it was to everything…DTD, all the parks, water parks…great resort!

I agree...awesome pics and trip report! We just got home after 2 weeks and I'm going to try and put a TR together also, yours gives me inspiration!

Why thank you! Happy to be an inspiration. I will admit sharing the stories and pics with everyone makes me re-live the happiness.

Day 6
Weather: Hot!
Best Thing: Sleeping In
Worst Thing: Brain freeze I got from having to guzzle a dacquiri
Funniest Thing: Getting my picture made with the Horror Make up show expert.
New Thing: Minion Mayhem at Universal Studios (SO AWESOME)
Magical Thing: MINIONS!!

We had planned to try and get into a Table Service somewhere (you know, use up the Deluxe Dining credits) but we opted to sleep in a little and hit the Chik Fil A drive-in (man I wish they had these in Canada- whenever we go to the states, I always make an effort to go there for the yummy chicken).

We headed to Universal and I thought we would start at Island of Adventure. DH looks at me with his best “little boy” face and says “BUT Universal has Minions…don’t you want to go there?” (We both LOVE the movie Despicable Me and I was really looking forward to the ride). So we headed to Universal and indeed Minion Mayhem was just great (we did it twice).
IMG_0004_zpsfedbe470.jpg

IMG_0010_zps49ac575d.jpg

IMG_0018_zps18f1c803.jpg

From there, we did the Terminator show (which never gets old). When it was over, we saw signs saying “Magic Show now” , so we wandered over there. While the illusions were pretty cool, it felt like an infomercial as he was pushing us to buy the tricks.

Yeah…so then we went to the Horror make up show (which I always love…and the same guy is always the expert and I think he’s great). I approached him after the show and asked for a picture. He asked if I wore contacts and I said yes so he said “OK..close your eyes for a second” and I felt him put one hand on my throat and the other on my forehead and he said “when you are ready, open your eyes and stick out your tongue”. LOL. I did and got this awesome picture. He let my eyelids go and made sure I was OK before I went on my way. So cool.
IMG_0047_zpsb4eff0ed.jpg

Then we headed to ET (which DH said was lame- yeah, but you gotta do it every once in a while) and then we realized we were hungry (which is a new feeling when you are on Deluxe Dining…LOL) so we went to the Monster Café. I had the wedge salad and DH had the Chicago dog. Both were yummy and it was nice to sit down in the AC.
IMG_00552_zpsfd406e8c.jpg

As we were leaving, we saw the afternoon parade. I had seen two of the floats earlier outside of the Horror Make up show (Hop and Despicable Me). The parade was short but cute.
IMG_0060_zps890c1016.jpg

Then we headed to Men in Black (woo hoo- I beat DH on this twice…and also Buzz…but I still can’t beat him at Toy Story Mania). Then we rode Rip it, Ride it, Rock it (which is the best and most intense coaster in Orlando…Manta at Seaworld is second). We rode the Mummy coaster twice in the single rider line and then Minion Mayhem once more before leaving.

We had noticed this crazy trend in footware...neon sneakers. On kids all the way up to grandmas. That in low top Chuck Taylors and capris for men. LOL We will not be participating in these trends.
IMG_0069_zps04f544e9.jpg

IMG_0072_zps54ab80ac.jpg

As we were leaving, hubby saw a place for daiquiris and smoothies. I got a mix of pina colada and strawberry and DH got a mango smoothie. Well, I didn’t think about it but before I could step on the moving sidewalk to leave, a security guy said I had to finish my drink before leaving. Talk about brain freeze.

Then we headed to Fulton’s at DTD for dinner for the first time. It was just lightly raining as we got there and then the stupid rain in sheets started. I had the fish tacos at the server’s suggestion and DH had the clam chowder (his was much much better than mine) and we split to ultimate lobster and crab experience. For dessert, I had the crème brule and DH had the cookie sundae. In all honesty, it was good (the chowder was the best part) and we would go back but this would not be a regular restaurant.
IMG_0096_zps07ffd7d1.jpg

IMG_0098_zps00e81267.jpg

IMG_0099_zps567a2300.jpg

IMG_0100_zps6ae3266b.jpg

IMG_0105_zps313a94cd.jpg

We walked to the World of Disney store and the rain let up a little…we then went to Lego store to see what was outside and shortly after, the rain started again.
IMG_0089_zpsf8cffe19.jpg

IMG_0091_zps5e52db1c.jpg

IMG_0092_zpsa41da534.jpg

IMG_0107_zps6afc73e7.jpg

We headed back to the room and we were still soaked, so skipped the pool and decided to do some laundry. After showering, we had planned to go see Illuminations, but the weather was yucky all night…so we stayed in and went to bed early (catching up on sleep).

Day 7
Weather: Stupid hot and humid
Best Thing: Halloween Horror Nights (HHN)
Worst Thing: Being so tired
Funniest Thing: Running into the couple that we did the Wild Africa Trek tour with last year.
New Thing: All new houses at HHN
Magical Thing: DH proud of me doing all the houses and our late night swim

We slept in a little longer than planned, but we knew this would be a late night. We headed to DHS and headed to the Writers Stop for hubby’s second carrot cake cookie. I got a chocolate pastry and it really wasn’t great. We rode the Rock and Roller coaster (and got a FP for it), the Tower of Terror, back to RnR for FP and then we had lunch at Prime Time Café. I had the onion rings and DH had the Chicken Noodle soup (his was just OK and I got the onion ring dip recipe) and we both got the sampler plate (DH, who normally just gets the chicken, said the pot roast was the best thing on the plate- I love them equally and would say the meatloaf was my least favourite). For dessert, I had smores and DH had the caramel sundae.
IMG_0124_zps9c151c5f.jpg

IMG_0126_zps62214f7a.jpg

IMG_0128_zps8f27396e.jpg

IMG_0131_zps958da534.jpg

We left to take a swim, nap and shower before heading to Universal for Halloween Horror Nights. The tickets we got are called Stay and Scream, which means you have to be in the park before it closes at 5 (we made it by 15 minutes). We have done this event once in the past- I was scared out of my mind and only did half the houses. I have a love/hate relationship with the event, but the production level is just amazing. This year was awesome. Skip to the next day if you aren’t interested in this non-Disney event and inbox me if you have any questions about HHN.

So this year, we did the S&S on the first Saturday and we were at Finnigans. The first house we hit when we were allowed was Silent Hill (I thought the movie was just weird and I have never seen the video game, but we were both very suprized at how awesome the house was), then off to Gothic (which was by far my favorite house because of the scareactors and the amazing set- I thought gargoyle make up would be bad, man was I wrong), Dead End (I got my biggest scare in the green room - and PLEASE look up in the library...so cool). This is the house with the queasy tunnel, which I am happy to say was modifed and not nearly as bad as it has been in the past.

Then we were off to the Walking Dead, which was really great but kinda short and because there is no roof, the house wasn't dark (but it was still awesome). We had plans to get back and do this again once it was dark, but by then the wait times were crazy.

We were walking by where Bill and Ted was around the time of the first show, but decided to tackle the houses and come back. Next on the list was Penn and Teller (the video on the outside was not working- the audio was but not the video). It was a super cool house.

Next was Alice Cooper- my hubby got his biggest jump right as you entered the house. Its true that normally you work your way in before you get jumped at and this one is wild, crazy and right when you enter (and very effective). Hubby liked the house more than me (he's a huge fan). I liked the first and last room the best.

We then decided to go see Bill and Ted, which we both liked but we didn't think it was the best version of the show we had ever seen.

Lastly, we went to do the House of Horrors, which is one I was really looking forward to. Apparently, there was an accident and it added 45 minutes to our wait time. We saw the ambulance leave and shortly after, the line started to move. I liked the house OK but the scareactors just kinda stood there for the most part. It was so dark in the house, their masks had glow in the dark paint on them. The best room was the last one.

We wanted to go back and do Walking Dead, but the line was stupid long and it was late and we were both tired.

IMG_0143_zps673f711b.jpg

IMG_0147_zpsf95567f6.jpg

IMG_0152_zps712a560f.jpg

IMG_0157_zpsd1ce2554.jpg

We headed back to the resort and we were both so hot and sticky, we took a late night swim, which was awesome and quiet. Then we headed to bed.

Day 8
Weather: Freaking Hot
Best Thing: Cuddling with DH on Spaceship Earth
Worst Thing: I got nothing (that’s a good thing, no?)
Funniest Thing: There was a guy at Teppan Edo that looked like a cross between a guy DH used to play music with DH and Mr Bean.
New Thing: Carousel of progress after a few years
Magical Thing: Origami heart at Teppan Edo

We woke up and got ready for Epcot and Typhoon Lagoon later. We headed to DTD to split a breakfast pizza at Wolfgang Puck Café (can you tell I like them?)

At Epcot, I snuggled up to DH on Spaceship Earth (so funny acting like teenagers) and we rode Ellen’s Energy Universe (first time in year) and then headed to the World Showcase. We rode Maelstrom before heading to Teppan Edo for lunch. We were sitting with 5 other people who were together and were not so talkative with us. I had the tempura and DH had the beef wrapped around green onion. We both had the steak and shrimp and I had the green tea pudding (Japan isn’t really known for their dessert and DH wanted to head back to the caramel shop anyway). After the caramel shop, we left and headed to Typhoon Lagoon.
DSC_8652_zps07185332.jpg

DSC_8655_zps601d53ec.jpg

DSC_8661_zpsb12c4221.jpg

DSC_8671_zps52f7dc2a.jpg

DSC_8674_zpsf9e0dbae.jpg

DSC_8677_zps804e58df.jpg

DSC_8711_zps4cc076df.jpg

DSC_8715_zps74f27c48.jpg

DSC_8716_zps25017d4a.jpg

Here’s another fun fact- If you get to water park 2 hours or less before it closes, the locker rental is $6 and you get 5 back (pretty great). We did the shark tank for the first time and some slides and of course the wave pool and lazy river.
P1010266_zpsf0f00153.jpg

P1010283_zpsebfecc00.jpg

P1010284_zpsc99f2557.jpg

P1010310_zpscd37fb8f.jpg

P1010311_zps0780df43.jpg

P1010314_zps74587959.jpg

P1010318_zps8a0346d0.jpg

DH and I got a good laugh looking at this old dive gear- man, we have come a long way.
P1010320_zps7e94142f.jpg

Then we headed back for a short nap and showers before heading to Citricos for dinner. We did indeed see the same lady in the lobby again.

I had a magical star, the chacuterie, veal shank and cheesecake and DH had the sautéed shrimp app, short ribs and banana choc torte. All was yummy and then plan was try and get to the park before Wishes, but that didn’t happen, so we watched them from table.
DSC_8729_zpsd83e3d2a.jpg

DSC_8735_zps462cfb50.jpg

DSC_8736_zpsbcc6b71f.jpg

DSC_8737_zps9f48d1a3.jpg

DSC_8738_zps7fbe2996.jpg

DSC_8744_zps1ebabe9a.jpg

DSC_8745_zps1abca42b.jpg

We headed to MK for EMH and did the following rides: Monsters Laugh Floor, Buzz, Carousel of Progress and Peoplemover (which I love at night). Then we called it a night just before 1 am.

Day 9
Weather: Hot but not as humid
Best Thing:seeing Fantasmic
Worst Thing: Parks were definitely more crowded than the week before
Funniest Thing:"Check out that hidden mickey" said another guest when we were at the bat area at AK (refering to his ..well, area)
New Thing: Rainforest cafe for breakfast and Sanaa
Magical Thing:the crane coming to the window at lunch

We woke up, got ready for the day and headed to Animal Kingdom. We went to Rainforest Café for breakfast for the first time. I had the Cha Cha Waffle and the Ricky Rocks Frozen to drink and DH had the Tonga Toast (not as good as Kona but still good) and the Ricky Rocks. It was good. This is not a new must do, but it was good (loud but good).

DSC_8758_zpscda122f7.jpg

DSC_8759_zps59c9c55c.jpg

We did both animal trails, the safari ride and Expedition Everest before heading to Sanaa for lunch.

DSC_8772_zps65323503.jpg

DSC_8802_zps37935057.jpg

DSC_8806_zpsb91934ec.jpg

I love love love curry and DH went along to make me happy (I had seen there was “normal” food like a burger on the menu). We both loved it. We had an awesome table right by the window and loved watching the animals. There was a wildabeast that kept scratching the ground and rubbing himself in it (which reminded us of our dog- which made us miss our dogs). The coolest part was a crane that crossed a small barrier and got right up in our window. We split the appetizer for two (the kafta was the best, then the samosa and we liked the curried cauliflower the least), I had 2curries (yellow with shrimp and the butter chicken) and DH had the open faced shrimp tandori sandwich (mine was good but his was outstanding). We both had the banana kulfi for dessert (which was described as a deconstructed banana split. We will definitely go back!

DSC_9041_zps10b614aa.jpg

DSC_9045_zps91542aea.jpg

DSC_9049_zpsbdf28320.jpg

DSC_9048_zps6bc24eee.jpg

DSC_9051_zpsc7ef1bd9.jpg

DSC_9062_zps4f544fd9.jpg

DSC_9070_zps1a2a785a.jpg

DSC_9071_zps0336168e.jpg

DSC_9073_zps55b62462.jpg

DSC_9083_zps15e9e20f.jpg

DSC_9091_zps8e8cc0e1.jpg

DSC_9056_zps78edebcf.jpg

Then we headed to Blizzard Beach for a relaxing afternoon. Small nap, shower and off to Jiko for dinner.

I had the boar appetizer, I asked for the filet with mac and cheese (which used to be on the menu but is available upon request) and the cheesecake. DH had the chicken flatbread, the filet and mac and cheese and the crème brulee. It was yummy as usual.
DSC_9096_zps596d72ad.jpg

DSC_9097_zps1afd50a9.jpg

DSC_9098_zpsfd1186cd.jpg

DSC_9099_zpsfbdd676e.jpg

Then we headed to DHS for EMH. We did Rock and Rollercoaster in the single line and then got in line for Fantasmic. It went all the way down the street (it was the craziest line I have seen) and there was an announcement saying to be there 30 minutes in advance…yeah, we were there 45 minutes in advance and we were past the theatre on the right. The show was amazing as always. Afterwards, we did ToT and the Great Movie Ride and then headed back to resort just after midnight.
IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

DSC_9167_zpsd481ff87.jpg

Day 10
Weather: Uber hot
Best Thing: seeing Hallowishes from the top of California Grill
Worst Thing: SO tired
Funniest Thing:DH and I both thought our waiter at California Grill was a "hispanic Al Pacino" (brilliant minds)
New Thing: Paradiso 37
Magical Thing: Hallowishes

We started off our day with breakfast at the Grand Floridian Café. DH had the Grand American and I tried the Lobster Benedict (which was ok- it was odd since it had no bread).
IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

Then we headed to Islands of Adventure. We rode the Hulk, Spiderman, the Barge Raft twice (to make up since we couldn’t ride Kali River Rapids since their lockers were down both times we went to Animal Kingdom), Jurassic park River Ride, the Wizarding world of Harry Potter (twice), Dueling Dragons and then over to Universal for Minion Mayhem and Rip it Ride it Rock it.
IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

Lunch was at Paradiso 37, which we had never been to before. It was pretty good. I had the quesadillas and the chicken enchilada with mole verde sauce and DH had the corn dog poppers (YUMMY) and the pineapple burger. We skipped dessert there so we could head to the Candy Caldron.
IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

Afterwards, we took our usual break of pool, nap and shower.

California Grill was where we headed for dinner. I had a French martini while we were waiting to be seated. We were in the wine room (which is where we sat last year) and we liked it because it was quieter. I had the spicy kazaan and the dragon roll and DH had the ravioli and the scallops. Everything was yummy as usual. We went out on the observation deck to see Hallowishes (which I love) before coming in for dessert and then headed back to the resort.

DSC_9192_zpsa672f1fe.jpg

DSC_9194_zpsee2c5189.jpg

DSC_9195_zps2f19f6d5.jpg

DSC_9198_zps77a7637e.jpg

DSC_9199_zps5026c423.jpg

DSC_9201_zpsa3e802d4.jpg

DSC_9277_zps9f3285ec.jpg

DSC_9297_zps648cef97.jpg

DSC_9301_zpsf0191ac0.jpg

DSC_9307_zpse80a5ba8.jpg

DSC_9307_zpse80a5ba8.jpg

DSC_9316_zps3bc53b04.jpg

Day 11
Weather: HOT!
Best Thing: Dinner at Artist Point
Worst Thing: Guy who escorted us to out table at Ohana was so slow
Funniest Thing: The waiter at a table next to us at Nine Dragons described a dessert by saying "when I bite into it, I feel like a vanilla bean" and I couldn't stop giggling
New Thing: Nine Dragons for lunch
Magical Thing: Deer we saw when taking the back road to the Wilderness Lodge

We woke up at 7 am and headed to Ohana for 8 am.
IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

We did the new Segway tour at 9:30, which was really great. One of our guides looked like Linguini from Ratatouille (he even dressed up like that for MNSSHP).

We had lunch at Nine Dragons (no reservation- we just walked in). I was nervous because it doesnt always get the best reviews, but we liked it. We split the General Tso dumplings, I had the Kung Pao chicken, DH had the fried rice, I had the ginger ice cream and DH had the coconut pudding (which was the oddest thing we had- not like rice pudding at all).
IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

Around 3, we headed to Typhoon Lagoon. It was nice having the Annual Pass and going to the waterparks whenever we wanted.

We had our afternoon break and then dinner at Artist Point at the Wilderness lodge, which is our favourite resort. We had an amazing server names Steve. We both had the crab appetizer, I had the Buffalo, DH had the Filet, I had the cheesecake and DH had the cobbler. I also tried the Mad Hatter tea with dessert and it was so yummy, I bought some to take home for me and my best friend.
DSC_9343_zpsae786cf4.jpg

DSC_9346_zps3a90f0c0.jpg

DSC_9347_zps5703f4dd.jpg

DSC_9349_zps20b82796.jpg

After dinner, we headed to Epcot and walked around the World Showcase before heading back to the resort.
DSC_9368_zpscac62ac1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter