zhu zhu pets will break my budget!

mom of 3G's

DIS Veteran
DD2 got her first Zhu Zhu pet yesterday. I was hoping to stay away from this craze, but she saw it on the shelf at Kmart and I couldn't get it away from her. She absolutely loves it. So now I'll probably get hooked buying all the accessories. :scared1: What should I sart with? Both brothers seemed pretty excited with the hamster running all over the floor, too. Maybe I should get them all a Zhu-Zhu for Easter?

i wouldnt buy anything too fast. my daughter was so excited wanted a zhu zhu so bad. well she got 2 for her birthday in feburary. they were cute and kinda neet but only kept her interest for about 3 days. they have since sat in the same spot for the last month. there is only so much you can do with them. just my opinion.

i wouldnt buy anything too fast. my daughter was so excited wanted a zhu zhu so bad. well she got 2 for her birthday in feburary. they were cute and kinda neet but only kept her interest for about 3 days. they have since sat in the same spot for the last month. there is only so much you can do with them. just my opinion.

:rotfl: Thanks for the advice.

Same here! My DS4 got the funhouse for an early birthday gift & loves it. I gave him a marker & told him to circle what he wanted for his birthday on the back of the box since they picture all the accessories--well, he circled everything on there! :lmao: Looks like his aunts will have a easy time shopping for him...if they can find the stuff anyways!

Think about Beanie babies, Tickle Me Elmo, Cabbage Patch kids and other fads before you throw away your money on the latest one.

Target has the Hampsters on sale for $7, so bought them to go in the Easter baskets! Does anyone have accessories on sale??:confused3

DD2 plays with hers here and there, for mayyyyybe 15 minutes a pop. I wouldn't buy anything else yet!

I didn't think my DS would like them. In fact, when he saw the commercials at Christmas he said No Way. I bought 2 anyway after Christmas and he Absolutely Loves Them! He races them like race cars - typical boy.
He is one of those kids that likes to have collections-complete collections.
He has 7 of the original 9 hamsters, and 3 new babies. He really loves them.
The only assessories he has is the car and the boat. I haven't given in to the mazes yet. I hope I can stay away from those!

Not sure if you have a Shopko where you are but we went there the other day and they had EVERYTHING--babies, outfits, cars, stollers, fun houses...The ONLY thing they did not have was the Version 3 pets, yes they have even newer ones coming..they have them at Toys R Us..

ETA: www.shopko.com has a lot of stuff available online and they are on sale!!!

My SIL got my DD a lot of the hamsters/acces for Christmas. They are a PITA in my opinion. I was going to put them on Craigslist and hope to get 30-40 for the lot. Just trying to convince my DD that she only cares about them when I mention getting rid of them.

I second this!! My dd (5) and ds (2.5) each got one for xmas. They though it was super cool.....for about 1 day or 2. Now it sits on the playroom shelf untouched. She always wants to buy more at the store when she sees them, but I refuse since she hasn't played with the one she has.

I have two, a starter set and a spiral ramp.... my girls are a bit old for them, if you want to buy them, I can probably get rid of them cheap(would need to ask them first:lmao:)... pm me if you are interested.

My ds3 got 4 for Christmas and all the accessories. The hamspters are cute and the car is fun, but ds3 only played a little with it. The fun house and all the extras are so cheaply made. I was really disappointed in how poorly they were made. I saved all the boxes and took them all back to Walmart. The spiral was especially poor. The hampster could not even climp the ramp. I got ds3 a huge Buzzlightyear that was marked down from $150 put up for his birthday.

Whew. Glad I posted before I went out and bought any accessories. :rotfl2:
Thank you all for your experiences!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter